Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
I am responsible for some confusion, and for that I apologize. My annoyance was with returning the focus to the media after I expressed that my impressions do not come from the media but from the men I have met. This was in a previous post of mine...But this explanation was given to someone who has already expressed that her impressions come from encounters with the chauvinistic men themselves

If you reread my following quote, it will be clear that I was generalizing and wasn't talking about YOUR PERSONAL impressions at all but of my general opinion of where sexually dysfunctional ideas come from:
Quote:
Seazen
Its the advertising industry that is responsible for saying sex should be had all the time or your a loser not so much "many people" though your ex is an exception.

Quote:

It was stated in the manner of an explanation of the way things are.

No it wasnt. Here is my full quote

Quote:
Seazen
Its the advertising industry that is responsible for saying sex should be had all the time or your a loser not so much "many people" though your ex is an exception. Im sure many young guys think sex should be had all the time but thats the way it is physiologically when you are a male teen/twentysomething but Im sure most dont go around criticizing their partner like your ex did.

Notice the words in bold italics above. I was quite clear that these were my personal impressions and opinions and wasn't stating unequivocally that "this is definitely the way things are"

Quote:
I didn't make it clear that the assumptions are about such men being rare exceptions and the media creating our impressions that they are common.

Im not sure what you exactly mean here but its obvious you are making assumptions again. I never said anything of the sort about the media creating an impression that that "such men are common but that they are actually rare exceptions". That is clearly your statement, assumption and projection. Please carefully re-read that paragraph above.

Just for clarity, the paragraph I wrote above is trying to make 2 points
1) That it is my opinion that the advertising industry (and media in general e.g. movies TV etc.) originated, is responsible for and propogates the message that "if you dont have sex all of the time you are a loser" not "many people". Your ex is an obvious (not rare) exception when it come to the propogation of this message.

2) It is my opinion that the majority of young men believe sex should be had very very often but it is also my opinion that the majority of young men who feel this way will not belittle and criticize their partner as your ex did to you.

I hope this makes things clear
Old 19-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Seeker

To me sexuality is a portal into the spiritual connection of love. I am very sexual but have determined never to have sex unless it is truly making love with someone I am spiritually connected with. And then I always seek to probe for that "spirit song" that the connection brings. It is the place where we exchange what we have to share.

Sex just to achieve physical climax is just not worth the energy it consumes, to me at least. Been there, done that, don't want to go there anymore.