Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
It's almost 2AM here......What? Did you say you agreed with me? Shoot, I forgot what the heck we were talking about... Of course your views mean something--to me at least....otherwise it wouldn't be any fun to debate you...
Originally Posted by Juanita
Even Spirit, at least those that still communicate with us, has never seen the Source....They describe bright light and deep love--not a person at all... I think love and light fall into the "energy" slot.... nothing can ever be fully known, but I can conceptualize this, even if it is in abstract thought...

I agree with the above, and thanks for your nice comment.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Elzibeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I'm not sure I agree Elizabeth. There is no need for any formalized religion as our relationships with Source/Divine are unique, personal by definition. Yes, others can write about their interactions, but once you form an organization, the goal of that organization becomes to "survive". It's true in governments and it's true in religions.

I cannot think of one religion that has not (a) waged war for itself --which in my book is as wrong as you can get and (b) hasn't inflicted fear upon it's believers in one way or another. There are many sources of fear, but religion is one of the worst offenders, IMO.

I just can't find a justification for the organizations. Sharing is OK but making it formal--isn't necessary.

Lora

You get me wrong, i agree with what you have said, but it is a choice that we all have to work out for ourselves. I believe in nature, elements, spirits and freedom, not dictatorship. However, some people need guidance as not all people are independant thinkers, some are i suppose like sheep and need guidance...which i think christianity refers to people as? Talk about Shepherds and all that . Religion is a dangerous thing, but some people need guidance as not everyone is lucky to be as tuned into their natural surroundings as say you or i. I would prefer someone who has a bad nature to not act upon it becuase they have a religious faith rather than them not have a faith at all if you see what i mean? not sure i'm being clear? lol
Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzibeth
You get me wrong, i agree with what you have said, but it is a choice that we all have to work out for ourselves. I believe in nature, elements, spirits and freedom, not dictatorship. However, some people need guidance as not all people are independant thinkers, some are i suppose like sheep and need guidance...which i think christianity refers to people as? Talk about Shepherds and all that . Religion is a dangerous thing, but some people need guidance as not everyone is lucky to be as tuned into their natural surroundings as say you or i. I would prefer someone who has a bad nature to not act upon it becuase they have a religious faith rather than them not have a faith at all if you see what i mean? not sure i'm being clear? lol

Yes, Elizabeth, I guess there are people who want to be guided, but I'm still not sure it should be provided, because no one else can ever tell you the path you should be following. It has to come from inside them, so anyone providing a predefined "pathway"--may not be serving their development at all. It may just be wasting their time and true spiritual connection time as they mindlessly "follow" what someone else suggests.

I go so far as to say that those who force their view of spirituality on someone else is a sin against the soul of another--probably worse than other venal or mortal sins --in the long run.

But I suppose it's all part of the learning process too. When we no longer have need of the organization of religion, they will cease to be.

Lora
Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Elzibeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Yes, Elizabeth, I guess there are people who want to be guided, but I'm still not sure it should be provided, because no one else can ever tell you the path you should be following. It has to come from inside them, so anyone providing a predefined "pathway"--may not be serving their development at all. It may just be wasting their time and true spiritual connection time as they mindlessly "follow" what someone else suggests.

I go so far as to say that those who force their view of spirituality on someone else is a sin against the soul of another--probably worse than other venal or mortal sins --in the long run.

But I suppose it's all part of the learning process too. When we no longer have need of the organization of religion, they will cease to be.

Lora

I think that "But I suppose it's all part of the learning process too. When we no longer have need of the organization of religion, they will cease to be. " is a wonderful thought. I really have met many who have tried to do just what you are saying, none are bad people at all, and some are really intelligent people. Which in turn shows just scary it is that individuals can think in an intellectual way but at the same time speak out what has been as you say 'predefined' to them as if it is the only belief possible. How they can be blinkered but be intellectually trained I find really strange......but i suppose that is why it is a belief
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
I think that "But I suppose it's all part of the learning process too. When we no longer have need of the organization of religion, they will cease to be. " is a wonderful thought. I really have met many who have tried to do just what you are saying, none are bad people at all, and some are really intelligent people. Which in turn shows just scary it is that individuals can think in an intellectual way but at the same time speak out what has been as you say 'predefined' to them as if it is the only belief possible. How they can be blinkered but be intellectually trained I find really strange......but i suppose that is why it is a belief

Your icon says it all!!

L
Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:

It strikes me that there's quite a big egoic element to religious beliefs (there's a distinction to be made between belief and faith - the former is an intellectual position, the latter is intuitive imo) - question someone's beliefs and they more often than not feel threatened. Like, 'how dare you question my belief system! Mine is the one true faith!'

Argh! Ego - it's got a lot to answer for! I can see the wisdom in non-judgment, but boy it's hard to exercise it at times
Old 12-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:

What comes to mind is brainwashing.....and I understand your desire to help such people, but it is nearly impossible for them to see outside of their narrow little boxes...They throw facts and logic right out the window---and I believe that it is out of fear...
Old 12-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
It strikes me that there's quite a big egoic element to religious beliefs (there's a distinction to be made between belief and faith - the former is an intellectual position, the latter is intuitive imo) - question someone's beliefs and they more often than not feel threatened. Like, 'how dare you question my belief system! Mine is the one true faith!'

Argh! Ego - it's got a lot to answer for! I can see the wisdom in non-judgment, but boy it's hard to exercise it at times

Dang--you took the words right out of my mouth, or should I say right off my fingertips. :-) Faith and beliefs---two different animals....
Old 18-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Guide

I did not know that spiritualism is a religion now.....I think I should read more about it....maybe that is what I am looking for?