Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I don't think one can really know that about others in the context of someones actual love for the one they are saying this to. I tell my kids and wife that I love them everytime we say goodbye to each other, in person or on the phone, and yes, it just comes out in a natural way almost as if there is no thought to the words but that is not a reflection on my love for them.
I think it is nice to say it and hear it even if it seems as if it is just an expression. I know and feel otherwise.
When I hear others say it, I don't think "meaningless" at all.

I agree with you WhiteShaman. When my spouse was alive we felt very comfortable and desired to say I love You all the time. It also felt very natural to us. I also say so to my grown-up children.
My current partner has difficulty saying these words, so I stopped it to, so as not to put him in an uncomfortable spot. But he certainly shows his love in many other ways.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Master
How many people say I love at the altar and are divorced not long after ?.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Master

It is true, a lot of people do say I love you and get divorced but not everyone gets divorced. There are a lot of happily married people around. Of course, there are ups and downs but that is life.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
I agree with you WhiteShaman. When my spouse was alive we felt very comfortable and desired to say I love You all the time. It also felt very natural to us. I also say so to my grown-up children.
My current partner has difficulty saying these words, so I stopped it to, so as not to put him in an uncomfortable spot. But he certainly shows his love in many other ways.

and that really is my point......people love the best way they know how...they are not phonies. They don't say I love you and not mean it. In general and IMO.
James
Old 05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Master
If you say I love to to the partner, parent or child it's meaningful because everyone knows what it means.

Sometimes people say to me 'I love you' and I have no idea what they mean by it, or if they mean it at all. Sometimes I think perhaps they're trying to make the impression that they are a loving person, or that they are 'spiritually loving' or 'unconditionally loving' ...something like that. In this way I suspect sometimes that 'I love you' might mean 'I'm loving'.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If you say I love to to the partner, parent or child it's meaningful because everyone knows what it means.

Sometimes people say to me 'I love you' and I have no idea what they mean by it, or if they mean it at all. Sometimes I think perhaps they're trying to make the impression that they are a loving person, or that they are 'spiritually loving' or 'unconditionally loving' ...something like that. In this way I suspect sometimes that 'I love you' might mean 'I'm loving'.

yeh, in that context, I can see it meaning that I am loving but I have to disagree that people try and give the impression of being loving. Why would they do that?
they are being the best they know how to be..IMO of course.
That is where we differ immensely..........I don't see people putting on masks to give false impressions.............I see people doing the best they can.

(and I am not trying to give the impression that I am a positive person...lol)
Old 05-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
yeh, in that context, I can see it meaning that I am loving but I have to disagree that people try and give the impression of being loving. Why would they do that?

I don't know why, but it obvious that they do.

Quote:
they are being the best they know how to be..IMO of course.
That is where we differ immensely..........I don't see people putting on masks to give false impressions.............I see people doing the best they can.

(and I am not trying to give the impression that I am a positive person...lol)

They may well be doing the best they can, but it's plain obvious people purposefully give false impressions, and even moreso abject lies, manipulation and deception.

"I Love You" can be a very cruel lie.

I don't think it is at all prudent to miss what's obvious in favour of an ideal.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Master
I don't think it is at all prudent to miss what's obvious in favour of an ideal.Gem

Well, lets just say that if unbeknown to me, that I am just trying to keep alive an ideal and it filters how I see things............then the same thing must be possible for you and you can unknowingly be trying to keep alive an ideal that differs 180 degrees what I see.
I am open to being unknowingly blind..................I just don't see it...........not even in the tiniest bit.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't think it is at all prudent to miss what's obvious in favour of an ideal.Gem

Well, lets just say that if unbeknown to me, that I am just trying to keep alive an ideal and it filters how I see things............then the same thing must be possible for you and you can unknowingly be trying to keep alive an ideal that differs 180 degrees what I see.
I am open to being unknowingly blind..................I just don't see it...........not even in the tiniest bit.

Don't be so naive.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Don't be so naive.

Ha! that is what I would expect you to say.
I say in return, don't be so predictable.......lol