Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 25-07-2018, 07:48 AM
FrankieJG

SYNASTRY - Conjunction or a Sextile?

I am having trouble understanding how many degrees should be considered when taking a certain planetary aspect as either a conjunction or a sextile. Especially when the planets are only about 4°86' apart but in different houses (situation 1) and 10°86' apart in the same house - which seems like too far to be a conjunction and too closer than a sextile? How powerful is such an aspect?

Can somebody help me with this?

Situation 1

Planet A - 0° 17' Aquarius

Planet B - 25° 31' Capricorn

Situation 2

Planet A - 21° 13' Capricorn

Planet B - 10° 27' Capricorn

Last edited by FrankieJG : 25-07-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 25-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Experiencer

A sextile is 60 degrees, so both your examples are not sextiles.

I would regard both situations as conjunctions although the second situation is a wide or weaker conjunction. It also depends on the planets involved - the Sun and the Moon have a wider reach so to speak.

Some astrologers regard all planets in one sign as conjunct regardless of the degrees that separate them because they can all easily work together.
Old 25-07-2018, 09:22 AM
FrankieJG

Thank you Tomma for your explanation. I forgot to mention this is to understand aspects of a synastry chart. In situation 2 Man's North Node (Aquarius) is 10° 86 away from Woman's Juno(Capricorn). Should I still consider it as a conjunction?I have heard that in Synastry Analysis maximum orb to consider is 3°. Is it true?

Also,
In following cases, should I take them as conjunctions?
Man's Juno (Aquarius) is 5° away from Woman's Ascendant
Man's North Node (Capricorn) is 4° 18' away from Woman's Ascendant (Capricorn) and North Node lies on the right side of the Asc.
Man's South Node(Cancer) is 4°18' away from Woman's Descendant (Cancer) and South Node lies on the left side of the Dsc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
A sextile is 60 degrees, so both your
examples are not sextiles.

I would regard both situations as conjunctions although the second situation is a wide or weaker conjunction. It also depends on the planets involved - the Sun and the Moon have a wider reach so to speak.

Some astrologers regard all planets in one sign as conjunct regardless of the degrees that separate them because they can all easily work together.
Old 25-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Experiencer

I would say the north node/Juno conjunction is very weak. You can safely ignore it in this case.

But I would definitely consider the north node/Juno/AC constellation as conjunct because the AC has a wide energy field. The woman energizes his north node and Juno, especially if her AC is in the middle.
Old 25-07-2018, 10:09 AM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
I would say the north node/Juno conjunction is very weak. You can safely ignore it in this case.

But I would definitely consider the north node/Juno/AC constellation as conjunct because the AC has a wide energy field. The woman energizes his north node and Juno, especially if her AC is in the middle.

Yes it is in the middle. Is this a sign of a soul mate connection with possibility of marriage in future? Woman's North Node falls on Man's 7th house as well.

[Apart from the said aspects, following positive aspects can be seen.

Man's Sun falls on Woman's 4th house, Man's Venus falls on
Woman's 5th house but 2° away from 6th house cusp

Man's Jupiter falls on Woman's 7th house

Woman's Juno conjunct Man's MC by 2° 86]