Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
The idea that women cannot be priests, because God said so, was created, NOT by God, but by men who thought women were inferior to men. Male-dominant Judaism was largely responsible for this attitude inherited by Christianity and voiced by such teachers as Paul of Tarsus who said that women should keep quiet in church and obey their husbands in everything. And Christians call his opinions "THE WORD OF GOD."
The only people in Christianity who are allowed to be priests are those who have a penis, and then they are not allowed to use it.

You raise an interesting point. God, of course, didn't invent priests or the Christian liturgy either nor the ritual originally practiced by the Roman Church. Much seems to derive from pagan ritual and the solar-phallic theurgy brought forward from Egypt eventually arriving in Rome. The idea, (I suppose - correct me if I'm wrong) is that the man planted the seed (in the fertility rites). That's why the bishop's mitre is the shape it is and what he represents.

You're certainly right in the Abrahamic faiths. Whether for the reason I've suggested or some other magickal reason, men quickly grabbed the priesthood and kept it as their own. Women were denied access to the old Hebrew mysteries. (Giving such access to Miriam Magdelena was one of the things that got Jesus into trouble).

It's why I can't go along with any Christian orthodoxy - priests strip people of their spirituality, tell them what to believe and how to go about it - and followers obey. Time and again it's been used to control - not just women but entire nations. Most religions are about power and control. More recently the Anglican church has let up on this. In terms of origins the "magic" doesn't work with women performing the orthodox rituals but there really is no reason why a woman can't be an officant/priestess. I can understand women not being bishops in the hierarchy so perhaps it's time to develop a new set of Christian rituals.

This doesn't stop anyone being a Christian - a student/follower of Jesus' teachings (which is not what churches are about). Shame His ministry lasted only three years before He was arrested.
Old 18-10-2017, 05:37 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
not true, there was a reason why Jehovah God and Jesus created man first. and his words does have much to do why women don't suppose to lead HIS!... congregations. those who does not worship Jehovah God or truly don't follow Jesus, can do as they may! sadly MANY get offended because someone close to them are called preachers, (the woman). and they refuse to believe their love ones really isn't. MANY claim Christian yet have some problems with the words of God. especially if it hits too close to home. scriptures are God words, NOT man! he told the original writers what to say ,(2Tim. 3:16), (2Cor. 3:5), (2Pet. 1:20,21), (Jer. 30:1,2), (Dan. 12:8-10), read for yourself.

Jehovah and Jesus gave man first, the rules to follow, and what his Job was to do on Earth. which was to cultivate the Earth and to name all the animals ,(Genesis 2:15-20). Adam was given the Authority over everything, including Eve. though unlike MANY men today, he didn't misuse his Authority. and when Eve was created, God didn't reiterate what he had told Adam. it was Adams job to relay the laws to her. also, it wasn't Adam who was tricked by satan, but Eve.

therefore women can't lead over man ,(1Tim. 2:12-14 I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result). Jehovah God didn't mean a woman couldn't participating in their congregation. there are other ways to help out, and she can talk. like as to as some say, testify. but Jehovah and Jesus placed men to lead over their congregations and to be guiders of the flocks, not women! there were MANY worshipers of Jehovah God like Deborah and Miriam who were prophetess. but they NEVER enter Temples to teach, they ONLY listened. they knew what was required of them and what wasn't, so they obeyed! we as women can take a lesson from those faithful and obedient women!

The idea that women cannot teach men or have authority over them was invented by imperfect men, usually the priests. The disciple Timothy (who you quoted) was one such person. Male priests have distorted Christ's teachings to such a great extent that if He returned to Earth tomorrow, He would not recognise it as being what He taught. Jesus taught the equality of men and women, not the dominance of one gender over the other.

Old 18-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Jesus had 12 male disciples, but he also had a large female following. He treated women and men equally, unlike the average male in those days.

Had he treated women equally the he would have had 6 female disciples. Obvious.

Had he wanted to profess the importance of marriage and family he would have married and had children. Obvious.

I've never been quite sure about the feeding of the five thousand either. If one reads these reports carefully it could be that he only fed the men.
Old 18-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The idea that women cannot teach men or have authority over them was invented by imperfect men, usually the priests. The disciple Timothy (who you quoted) was one such person. Male priests have distorted Christ's teachings to such a great extent that if He returned to Earth tomorrow, He would not recognise it as being what He taught. Jesus taught the equality of men and women, not the dominance of one gender over the other.

these men were true followers of Jesus. and scriptures shows what they taught was what Jesus and his Father allowed. his true teachings hasn't ceased, though MANY believe it has. and because of pride, arrogance and selfishness, people want to believe what they want. and would find any reason to even disbelieve the scriptures.
Old 19-10-2017, 03:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You raise an interesting point. God, of course, didn't invent priests or the Christian liturgy either nor the ritual originally practiced by the Roman Church. Much seems to derive from pagan ritual and the solar-phallic theurgy brought forward from Egypt eventually arriving in Rome. The idea, (I suppose - correct me if I'm wrong) is that the man planted the seed (in the fertility rites). That's why the bishop's mitre is the shape it is and what he represents.

You're certainly right in the Abrahamic faiths. Whether for the reason I've suggested or some other magickal reason, men quickly grabbed the priesthood and kept it as their own. Women were denied access to the old Hebrew mysteries. (Giving such access to Miriam Magdelena was one of the things that got Jesus into trouble).

It's why I can't go along with any Christian orthodoxy - priests strip people of their spirituality, tell them what to believe and how to go about it - and followers obey. Time and again it's been used to control - not just women but entire nations. Most religions are about power and control. More recently the Anglican church has let up on this. In terms of origins the "magic" doesn't work with women performing the orthodox rituals but there really is no reason why a woman can't be an officant/priestess. I can understand women not being bishops in the hierarchy so perhaps it's time to develop a new set of Christian rituals.

This doesn't stop anyone being a Christian - a student/follower of Jesus' teachings (which is not what churches are about). Shame His ministry lasted only three years before He was arrested.

Lorelyen, I am in full agreement with everything you say here. Well spoken! It's so true what you say that many of Christianity's rituals originate from so-called pagan rites, such as those from ancient Egypt.
What people really need is Spirituality, NOT judgemental, controlling Religion.

Old 22-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Master

Quote:
The idea that women cannot be priests, because God said so, was created, NOT by God, but by men who thought women were inferior to men. Male-dominant Judaism was largely responsible for this attitude inherited by Christianity and voiced by such teachers as Paul of Tarsus who said that women should keep quiet in church and obey their husbands in everything. And Christians call his opinions "THE WORD OF GOD."
The only people in Christianity who are allowed to be priests are those who have a penis, and then they are not allowed to use it.

Would LOVE to see women take over the hierarchy of christianity and bring it back to its positive spiritual roots of personal spiritual empowerment and ascension instead of the false doctrine of a emotionally dysfunctional Deity in need of blood sacrifice and obeisance in order for one to avoid eternal torment
Old 29-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Master
iv sean a lot lady priset ovr yrs iv a frind its a preast she got a hubby 2 kids

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
iv sean a lot lady priset ovr yrs iv a frind its a preast she got a hubby 2 kids

Yes your right Jo, women priests are allowed now, even married ones
Old 29-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Master
lst tim saw her wz her dads funrll it wz she evn condct her dads funrll funrel she did shes got her own parsh 2 wish mst prist do me/womn hav thm

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
lst tim saw her wz her dads funrll it wz she evn condct her dads funrll funrel she did shes got her own parsh 2 wish mst prist do me/womn hav thm

Yes Jo, women Priests have their own parishes and do the job just as good as the men