Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 27-01-2018, 04:25 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by selene
I don't get the number 144000... I am not sure where it came from and I am especially suspicious -I have said that before -of any theory that places ' twin couples' on a pedestal of exclusivity and superiority compared to the rest of the human population. Everybody has a path to follow -some find theirs through TF, some others through other ways.

As a matter of fact, I believe that a spiritual journey is a journey to love and I find nothing loving in the idea that I and 143999 people can experience a better love than the rest of the billions of people who walk on earth.

While I acknowledge that one bond with a human being has had a more special effect on me than other, previous bonds, in terms of how it has guided my spiritual journey, at the same time, it is still part of a longer journey -one that was informed by many events, meetings and people... the encounter with my TF was not more defining than those, it simply was more pleasant and comfortable. The intensity of the pain I felt from separation was simply an indication of how pleasant and comfortable the 'union' was. My journey is not my TF. So, I am not sure I feel comfortable defining this journey as before and after tf meeting.

What I do remember from the time before meeting him was an increased sense of 'something is about to happen' which reinforces my belief that his mere presence did not enhance my 'other' senses. He clearly stated to me questions that made me curious to look more into other spiritual fields, but perhaps this is why he was so special: I was already at a place when I was ready to hear those questions.

In any case, I am pretty sure that many people here will dismiss my ramblings as those of a person who only thinks I have met my TF, while in fact, I have not. Perhaps it is so -I am pretty sure my TF is unique for my soul journey but that is the only requirement I place on defining a TF: that they are unique for me, for my history and my journey. I am a skeptic when it comes to everything else: I cannot confirm previous or future lives together, I cannot confirm whether we will be together or not in the future, I cannot even confirm that he loves me as much as he says... or that he even cares... I cannot confirm that our admitted experience of telepathy with each other is unique to TFs... I cannot confirm that scratching our heads at the same time from thousands of miles away is anything more than a weird coincidence... all I have is my experience...

This is why I am less and less inclined to post here, though... it sounds that a lot of people consider the TF experience an asset to discuss from a point of privilege in relation to others. For me, it is only that: one so awesome meeting in its simplicity, that, when taken away from me, made me question everything that had ever mattered to me... now, this is not as unique as 144.000 in billions. It is the pain -and not only romantic -of so many people in the world as we speak.

Most excellent post selene! I wholeheartedly concur and hope you continue to write here. As you say, the spiritual journey is a journey to love and there should be no parameters..

The reason I appreciate TF ideology is because I too have experienced a counterpart who sat amongst all the questions
and remained pleasant and comfortable. Like you, I can’t confirm anything other than that.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
144000 is a biblical reference, out of revelation I think. 12 tribes with 12000 people each. I'm not sure how it made it into the twin flame discussion as I'm not aware of references to twin flames in the bible, unless you want to take part of the curse on women at the very start as the reason for the awfulness of the twin flame experience. (noone here has ever taken me up on that though).

Yeah, Revelations 7:4 or something. I have a Bible here somewhere. It's something the Jehovah Witnesses are big on.

Nor do I know how it got into the twin flame thing since it isn't mentioned in the theosophist source material (as far as I know - I may be wrong).

I dealt with it in a post up there, probably too complicated for general reading because I was querying a person who declared it along with many other points that needed clarification. Someone who seems to have come up with an entirely new twin flame theory (and one that didn't make much sense. The poster has decided not to respond).

Old 27-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Master
Bunny

Twin flames are different from twin souls, as well as twin rays.

You can have more than one twin flame, they are formed over many incarnations and often have similar lessons to learn. Yes, there is a pull, but any strong soul bond can have that effect. What sets twin flames apart from soulmates and family, is that they often share some sort of mission or lessons together.

Twin souls, are what I think people are referring to when they say the term twin flame. Twin souls are other half of our soul.

Twin rays I’m not certain of, but I think they are ascended masters sharing the same ray.

Some consider Jesus and Ascended Master Lady Nada as Twin Rays, for example.

That all said, right when I first awakened, the user handle of my TF (who used to be on this forum) was revealed to me. Prior to that, I felt a strong, magnetic and sexual attraction to that user.

I had no idea I had a TF—and never really thought about that user since he had several other twin flames around him at the time. Back then, I used to confuse twin flames with twin souls.