Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-11-2017, 05:49 AM
Administrator
Is it true....

.... you can only experience enlightenment while meditating under a tree?

just remember Im asking a question, the answer is unimportant
Old 29-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Ascender

I'll let you know if I ever become enlightened.
But seriously the answer is no.
Although the buddha became enlightened while meditating under the bodhi tree, in all reality it could have happened anywhere while he was doing anything.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:39 AM
Master
I think someone once may have become enlightened while making love in a burning temple that's under siege by invading barbarians. When the Buddha Nature within is ready to become SELF actualized, it will naturally emerge anywhere it so chooses. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 29-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Master
The tree experienced enlightenment when Buddha was sitting under it.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Master
I believe we are already enlightened but haven't realized (awakened ) it.
Old 29-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Administrator
Thank you for your words.

I am reminded by the Bodhi tree, during a point in this life where I had to deal with a conditioned mind controlled by an ego and in a situation that meant I was perceptually struggling and suffering the consequences of my actions

so everyday for 7 years I would take an hour long walk over a river along meadows and pastures anew, I would then stand under one particular oak tree miles from anything representing civilisation and just let the tree know how angry and sad and fearful I was. the tree didn't respond or swept me of my high horse, it just listens and remained silent to the thousands of questioned I fired at it, the greatest one being why?

eventually I sat down and copied the same thing the tree did,,,,, nought and the mind fell silent, the ego a distant identity

I dont feel like its enlightening or enlightenment, just a reflection, a stillness, tranquil point in my life that speaks volumes to you if you dare to listen
Old 29-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
Thank you for your words.

I am reminded by the Bodhi tree, during a point in this life where I had to deal with a conditioned mind controlled by an ego and in a situation that meant I was perceptually struggling and suffering the consequences of my actions

so everyday for 7 years I would take an hour long walk over a river along meadows and pastures anew, I would then stand under one particular oak tree miles from anything representing civilisation and just let the tree know how angry and sad and fearful I was. the tree didn't respond or swept me of my high horse, it just listens and remained silent to the thousands of questioned I fired at it, the greatest one being why?

eventually I sat down and copied the same thing the tree did,,,,, nought and the mind fell silent, the ego a distant identity

I dont feel like its enlightening or enlightenment, just a reflection, a stillness, tranquil point in my life that speaks volumes to you if you dare to listen

Nice post.

Thank you for sharing :)