Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 13-08-2012, 12:16 PM
wildflower57

Exclamation TERRIBLE menstral cramps

It might be something that needs to a doctor about, its really bad.
I woke up screaming in pain this morning. Now I have to go to work, be on my feet for 10 hours running around like a mad woman.
I don't know how to make it though out the day.
I use a heating pad and take no more than the directed dosage of pain medication but even that doesn't do anything.
Until I can get to the doctors, does anyone know of any natural remedies to help with the pain?!?!
Old 13-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Master
I feel for you, I really do. Dairy can help me but I find the quickest is to eat some tuna. You'll want to eat foods that help with muscle cramps, like bananas (potassium). I also take more than the directed dosage of pain meds when I have to but not for more than a day.

I'm sure others will come along with some different ideas and you'll find something to suit you soon. In the meantime, hang in there and you might think about taking a sick day.

Old 13-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Neville

At the risk of sounding too stupid, or at the very least, more stupid than I usually sound, If it is excruciating, A discussion with your Medical Professional might prove useful.
Old 13-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Master
Hi wildflower. When I was a teen, I had horrible ones, and my grandmother would allow just a bit of wine - it was a pink colored one - I don't know what kind it was, but it tasted strong - but good and it usually did the trick.

Old 13-08-2012, 05:34 PM
sesheta

Here's an article you can check out - it may have something that will do the trick for you:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/32...strual-cramps/
Old 14-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Master

I take magnesium supplements to help with the cramps - regularly. Lots of leafy greens in your diet. BUt yes see a doctor and rule out anything physical.
Old 14-08-2012, 08:26 PM
oliviasang

Hi

I can't stress enough, go to your gynecologist, sounds like you might have a ovarian cyst.

Olivia
Old 14-08-2012, 11:24 PM
wildflower57

I'm going to see a doctor don't worry. Its been this way since I started my period. I get it every 37 days or more, (woman have said I was lucky for that I don't know why but believe me I pay for it) my emotions are completely out of control, I'm always extremely physically uncomfortable but only for the first couple days, and its pretty heavy and lasts at least 6 days. My old gyno told me that it was just something some women go through and suggested over the counter menstral cramp meds and a heating pad.
Old 14-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Master
does anyone know of any natural remedies to help with the pain?!?!

It's not natural but I found Ibuprofen / Advil reduces this kind of pain as well as the headaches and mood swings that often go with it.

As for preventing its happening again, evening primrose oil works well to balance women's hormonal issues.

Xan

Old 15-08-2012, 12:55 AM
oliviasang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower57
I'm going to see a doctor don't worry. Its been this way since I started my period. I get it every 37 days or more, (woman have said I was lucky for that I don't know why but believe me I pay for it) my emotions are completely out of control, I'm always extremely physically uncomfortable but only for the first couple days, and its pretty heavy and lasts at least 6 days. My old gyno told me that it was just something some women go through and suggested over the counter menstral cramp meds and a heating pad.

Hi.

Im really glad you got another doc sounds like you needed one and that you're going to check in with them. Now, knowing the above, maybe they'll run a panel and find the reason.

Olivia