Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 14-12-2006, 07:51 PM
tlcmel

Why do you believe there is an afterlife?

Hi,
Do you have a reason why you believe there is life after life? It may be faith or a specific reason. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.
Old 14-12-2006, 08:42 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

We are not these aging bodies, we are the eternal energies that animate them.. it isn't an "after-life", it is a continuous eternal existence, punctuated as physical manifestations from time to time.. or so my experiences reveal to me.. there may be contrary experiences, but i am currently comfortable with my understandings as stated.. it is consistent with science and common sense..

Be well..
Old 16-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcmel
Hi,
Do you have a reason why you believe there is life after life? It may be faith or a specific reason. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

if you mean why i believed that life will go on after physical death? yea of course i have reasons, aside from gut feelings. one of the reasons is what i don't believed. i don't believe that consciousness is emergent to the brain. intelligence is a separate entity from matter and pre-existent. intelligence comes from the mind, mind is alive. it has the ability to organize matter to spawn life and make it self concious and aware. (through us of course.)

but the diggest reason is that to believe otherwise is to simply say that life is one big futily. which ain't INTELLIGENT.

Old 16-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Eduards

tlcmel , there is life after life! Of course there is!

Why i think so?

Because i have get many signs ;)
Old 16-12-2006, 11:36 PM
pokeyjo11

I have always known...I have communicated with spirit since I was a child. Transitions differ I suppose, but I know I am eternal; and so is all! IMO of course....which is based on my knowledge and experience, which I continue to seek (smile)
I suppose all paths may be unique and it makes me smile.
Thank You,
pj11
Old 18-12-2006, 05:41 AM
mikron

If your lucky enough to have a OBE you will question your own truth and know that there is so much more Beyond what we all see everyday !

mikron
Old 18-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Light Mage

I have no idea if there is or not, I'll just wait and find out.
Old 20-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Lapis

Arrow 'Life' beyond Physical life

Personally I know that there is 'Life' beyond this physical plane 'life'. I've remembered many of my 'past lives' since about age 5 and, I've also remembered a couple of my physical deaths and my 'transition to the other side' so to speak. In other words I retained full conscious awareness through the transition out of my physical body (death) and into the nonphysical realm. Plus I've psychically seen people who've passed over and are still here enough to be seen and communicated with! I've also had a few special encounters with a highly advanced Teacher who passed over in the early 1980's who came through to both me and my sister after he'd "died", so this experience is pretty good evidence for those hard core disbelievers! Here's some of what happened with him.

I first met this man in the mid 1970's when he was teaching Astrology. He was in his late 70s then. When he was only a child his parents, after seeing his natal chart, packed him off to India with an uncle to be trained in many different of the 'Arts'. When he was about 21, he returned to the USA with all sorts of east Indian wisdom teachings. Long story short.....he was well trained in astrology, gemology, numerology, tantra, functioning outside of his physical body with full conscious awareness, and many other things, plus things he never told me about! He was a very special man, special Teacher.

He'd told a couple of us students that he knew when he was going to physically die (astrologically) and so he went to his doctor 2 days before his actual physical death to prevent them from doing an autopsy. At the time of his death my sister lived in another state and didn't know that he'd died. I didn't want to call her with this news until a week had passed and later it was revealed why I even did that!

About 3 days after he died, my sister had a lucid dream in the middle of the afternoon and this man, this Teacher, was in her dream. She told me that he'd showed up in her dream to give her a special gemstone that she needed at that time to help her heal some body problems she'd been having. In this dream he gave her a gemstone and they talked a bit also. The dream ended and she woke up and wondered about the gemstone. After a bit she went back to sleep and had a second dream with him! In this second dream he just popped in and said to her, "Oh, I forgot to mention, I've died!" and with that, he left and she woke up a second time....very very upset. The next day she called me and told me about her 2 dreams with him and when she finished I had to tell her that indeed, he had physically died a few days earlier.

I've also had a couple of dreams with him many years after his physical death where he gave me some astrological information I needed about people's unknown birth times. Much of this is rather personal so I won't go into the details but just say that all of what he told me in the dreams, I've learned after-the-fact, to be correct.

There's much more but it's sooooo paranormal that many people simply wouldn't believe it and would probably then not believe what I have shared.

I remember hearing Dannion Brinkley (who's died twice himself) say that life on the other side makes this physical life seem like being dead! From what I personally remember, I totally agree.
Old 20-12-2006, 08:27 AM
cweiters

Without doubt there is an after life!

I have seen it!

Many attempts to describe life after death has left me feeling very foolish in the past.

Today with help from many of you, I realize no description could ever be sufficient
when there is very little to see with the natural eye.

IMHO that only those people who are open to spiritual ascension and / or have seen beyond the light will understand.

May I also add, those who have had a near death experiences have seen the light. I know for sure, there is so much more beyond the light.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone by saying this.

Love to all
cw
Old 20-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Roo

I'm with cw on having seen it, so I know it's real.

No description could be sufficient, it's true, as each experiences it in one's own way. For me, it wasn't much different than dreaming. My consciousness remained pretty much as it was before, except that I knew a lot more. I remember not believing I was dead at first, because it didn't seem like anything had changed.
Closed Thread