Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:19 AM
rebtevye

What makes you think that the Ego survives?

There have been many case studies of patients that have lost their Memory, personalities, Emotions, Abilities etc..

I myself have experianced a short period of time where i was self aware, but my memory was taken away to the extent that i did not even know that i was a human being, because i knew of no past to make a comparison.

It might be audacious for me to say this, But i think that it is a likely scenerio that the conciousness that one experiances, or rather the personality that has given values to the perceptions, comes from multiple processes in the mind.

It is also my conjecture that self awareness comes from the logic & order that the mind makes out of chaos & randomness.

If i were to suggest an example, I would direct attention to the fact that, The "SELF" as one would call it, becomes completely arbitrary when one is dreaming.

Lucid dreaming is merely a small moment during the sleep cycle, where the mind has made some sense out of the random chaos & is able to make a comparison of the world outside.

It is even more disturbing that during the larger portion of the sleep cycle, there is no memory of being self aware.

It is my opinion that the ego does not survive,
However, The nature of this question has much room for debate.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:10 AM
smile11

I would agree with you, that the ego does not survive. I think that ego is what grounds us and makes us human, once we die, the human part of us dies, that's at least my belief until one day I am proven right or wrong.

However, I have to note that I am aware a lot when dreaming. I am not sure if it is the same awareness you are refering to, but I am able to "think" and know that I am dreaming.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Master
i don't think the ego will survived. in the first place nothing in it will survive for the simple reason that the ego has no real existance of its own at all. the ego thinks the the life he possessed belongs to him but its not. it's just a simple case of misidentification.

Old 14-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Eduards

Ego is really bad thing and we need to make lower our Ego in this life !!! :)
Old 28-02-2007, 09:10 PM
mikron

A new thought

The ego ahh to see outside the box into higher dimension the ego is transformed into Light ......how can anyone really be sure ! Reach to be one with the Soul!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
spiritalk

The ego is a hard and fast complex of the human structure. It has the capacity to motivate us to action...I don't think we could get out of bed in the morning without our ego's influence.

If we live totally in the ego, we become too self superman egos. This is not a good balanced place to live.

We ae not given in the human structure anything that is not useful in some way. Consider what we can do with it to make it motivation for good.

In the spirit form we have lost all human structures...but our minds know what is our own good that is imprinted within the soul.

God bless, J
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron
The ego ahh to see outside the box into higher dimension the ego is transformed into Light ......how can anyone really be sure ! Reach to be one with the Soul!!!

Wonderfully said mikron, wonderfully said.
Closed Thread