Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 21-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Master
I felt bad for the Animals at the Zoo Today

Date: 9-21-2013,
Week: Saturday,
Month: September,

So I and a group of my friends from my school went to the Milwaukee zoo today. It was great I felt like a little kid. Everyone seemed excited about going to see the penguins for some reason. I went straight for the big cat exhibit first. The Milwaukee zoo is not very big that’s because it's off a highway and inner state. I saw a lion and a lioness inside the facility. They had very little space to move around in there were a lot of little kids trying to tap on the glass so the lion could notice them. The lioness was resting but the lion was pacing back and forth looking at all of the people. I and he briefly glanced into each other’s eyes before the lion started looking at the other humans again. I’m no Doctor Dolittle but I wish I knew what he was thinking or at least be able to read his facial expressions. I also looked at a Jaguar and her two cubs nuzzling each other. Also there was a tiger just chilling by himself in his area. The cheetah was outside as well. I took pictures of them and video recorded them as well. I looked at the bear exhibit these two grizzly bears were sleeping one of the bears was in a hammock like bed sleeping in it. I also looked at alpaca and a buck water caribou. They had peacocks literally roaming around the on the sidewalks they didn’t even bother anybody. I and my friend saw a guy throw popcorn on the ground and the bird started to eat it. The Zoo also had a park for the kids and family to be in and enjoy their stay. As much as I loved seeing the animals I felt kind of sorry for them that they have to endure us looking at them 24/7. My perspective is that they don’t need to be in captivity and to be behind closed doors. I guess I strongly felt that way because I remember when I was a sophomore in high school for u.s. history were studying black history month. Now keep in my mind that my history teacher Mr. Clowse has traveled to South Africa and he once told us a story about he went to place and this little South African girl started to cry because she had heard a Caucasian person before and was told that they were scary. Mr. Clowse was an awesome teacher though I miss him.

Back on topic is that one day we were watching a video and they showed pictures of African captives in cages and there were people pointing and staring at them. I put my head down because I couldn’t look at it anymore. A classmate of mine actually had to go out of the room because he started to cry. Now I have heard how they used to put the slaves in cages but I never saw it until that video. So I have always felt that bad for the animals. I really want to go to a Big Cat sanctuaries were I can look at the wild cats. I’m glad I did visit the zoo but now that I’m older I see things a lot differently. I’m saying that the animals are mistreated by the zoo-keepers I just don’t think they are happy there that’s all. I wish that people would stop poaching the wild cats for their fur I hate that.
Old 22-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
I know. I don't like it either.
You may not be Dr Dolittle, but the reason you felt sad was because you did hear what those animals had to say....
Old 22-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I know. I don't like it either.
You may not be Dr Dolittle, but the reason you felt sad was because you did hear what those animals had to say....
thanks tobi I just wish they were back into thier naturual home in the wild. my friend said that adam & eve messed up for humens and animals to co-exisit with each other. I would love to onedy hold some baby lion, cheetah, cubs that would be cool. I wonder if my friend was right about humens and animals living in harmony in the garden of eden. What if in the next life that would be possiable in heavan.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:04 AM
primrose

Girlsearching, I too feel bad for caged animals, it's not a natural environment, We had an elephant here at a zoo, who was alone, which is'nt at all what they are used to. I don't understand why people feel superior to animals.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
Girlsearching, I too feel bad for caged animals, it's not a natural environment, We had an elephant here at a zoo, who was alone, which is'nt at all what they are used to. I don't understand why people feel superior to animals.
you are right. I think animals are far more intilligant than some of us humens. I wish people would stop trying to poach them I know that animals can survive in thier natural element. If we stop raising them in captivity all of them time we take the wild out of the animal. Animals were never meant to be tamed we can tame them. But animals will always have thier born instincs. I would love to oneday pet a wild big cat I'm not afraid of them even though I know that I could end up being mauled and killed by them.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:48 PM
lily of the valley

I've been to both the zoo and circus once in my life and vowed never to go back nor take my children. I was in tears watching the poor, tortured animals being held in captivity. Trying to feel their pain, I imagined myself being locked up in a cage, beaten in order to perfect an act and fed once that act was perfected...Oh the cruelty! If one wants to learn about animals, they should research, not amuse themselves at the animals' expense.
Old 23-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily of the valley
I've been to both the zoo and circus once in my life and vowed never to go back nor take my children. I was in tears watching the poor, tortured animals being held in captivity. Trying to feel their pain, I imagined myself being locked up in a cage, beaten in order to perfect an act and fed once that act was perfected...Oh the cruelty! If one wants to learn about animals, they should research, not amuse themselves at the animals' expense.

I agree with you lily of the valley I don't like to see animals behind cages or even mistreated by the people at the circus. I'm working on book that talks about it. You are right that if we want to learn about the animals they should use the resourses that are available to them.
Old 23-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
thanks tobi I just wish they were back into thier naturual home in the wild. my friend said that adam & eve messed up for humens and animals to co-exisit with each other. I would love to onedy hold some baby lion, cheetah, cubs that would be cool. I wonder if my friend was right about humens and animals living in harmony in the garden of eden. What if in the next life that would be possiable in heavan.

Humans and animals can and do co-exist with each other in harmony, respect and love. So do some species of animals form loving bonds of friendship with other species...and sometimes between species we are used to thinking of as 'predator and prey'. There are so many of these videos on You Tube, they make you laugh and smile, and they move your heart.
But of course, in this world, there are also humans who do not understand animals, and do things to them which are not in harmony with either nature, or loving compassion, or who are so blinded to the Souls of animals, that they treat them as commodities.

In 'Heaven', or the life after this world, Souls reveal their true nature and there are the most beautiful connections between Souls of all species! What we maybe got used to thinking of as 'just a dog' or 'just a cow'....etc -shows us it is far more aware, conscious and connected to Spirit that we would ever have imagined. One day you will see... Blessings
Old 23-09-2013, 02:18 AM
I haven't been to a zoo since the Brooklyn Zoo in '83....the penquins broke my
heart forever and I will never be the same.

Tho I know there are wonderful situations in many
and they are saving some animals.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I haven't been to a zoo since the Brooklyn Zoo in '83....the penquins broke my
heart forever and I will never be the same.

Tho I know there are wonderful situations in many
and they are saving some animals.

You are right Miss Hepburn I know that they are trying to save the animals and I know that humens want to prevent them from going into Extinction so I know that they mean well. But hopefully animals will stay in the thier naturual enviroment.