Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 AM
mm86

Healing tips to get power back??

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can give me healing technqiues to get my power back or wake up to my inner power. I was bullied a few years back in graduate school.The bullying left me with no power, hope and control. Every time I think of the bullies I am filled with debilitating fear. I keep dreading that I will meet these people in the future and they will proceed to hurt me again cause we are talking about people with no conscience. I am currently trying energy healing and it is helping with my panic attacks etc and I will be going for more sessions.
Any other tips to not be so scared??

Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 02:34 PM
My best advice would be to hurry to your local used book store and
get a paperback copy of Ask And It Is Given by Ester and Jerry Hicks.
Then read and put to practice every single word.
And, wow, watch what happens as you reprogram your thinking...because unhappiness
of every kind starts with stinkin' thinkin'.
I have much hope for you just by opening this one book.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Experiencer

Sorry to hear you had to go through that, some guys are insecure about themselves that they have make themselves feel better, by bullying.

I'm a 5"6 160p guy, but was smaller than that, I wasn't ever a mean guy but I used to fight all the time, against these so called bullies. Whether it, was defending myself or defending someone else, mostly the latter.

You are stronger than these bullies, as they are weak in the heart, and have no faith. Your heart is stronger than theirs, that where your true power lies.

Life is full of obstacles that test your faith, we must fight these obstacles using our heart and not our muscles. Your heart only can take so much, before you succumb to the pressure of losing it. Before ones loses it, the heart will give you an opportunity to defend your self, by standing up to what you believe in, and face the fear. What you do is, when that happens ask God for protection, and he will protect you, I swear he will.

I had this big bully in my early child hood, that wanted to beat me up as he said he was going to the next day at school, so that night, I prayed to God for help. So the following day, I was getting chased by this bully as he was catching up to me, i turned around and confronted him face to face. He then lunged at me, and i pushed him down, he got up and i pushed him down again. He then got up had some words of exchange, then turned around and left, next day he wanted to be my friend. So listen to your heart, and say your prayers, ask for protection and guidance.

That event turned my whole life around, as people called me a giant killer, fighting the bigger guys that were bullying other people. I never started anything, it was an instant reaction of my heart witnessing such bullying. I never won them all as I suffered many black eyes, but they sure didn't bully anyone around me.

Remember your greatest fear is your greatest strength, in your case it's your heart, and the love that emits from it. I'll take the Heart over muscles any day.

You need to work on your self esteem now, so do the little things that you love to do, open doors for people, be courteous, be polite, let that spirit of yours flow through that heart of yours, you have special talents in you that, are stronger than some others, so use those talents that benefit you, and those around. Don't keep things inside your heart, as it is a violation of ones heart. Communication is vital, share what your heart thinks, express it through your actions.

The more we listen to the heart, the more it opens, the more it opens the more protection we get from our higher spirits, and the more talents we have are revealed.

Do not worry about those bullies, they can't hurt you anymore. You can always file a harassment suit, against anyone that bullies you.

I wish you all the best luck, but I know you will get over this, as your heart is to strong, for it not be.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Master

Hi there

I too was bullied and am being bullied - but I have to take control and ownership of the process. So, in essence, I no longer think of myself as being bullied but as allowing people to hurt me. In that way, I keep the control myself, I regain the power and that doesn't stop things but it does affect my perception.

It's an odious journey to have gone through but look back on it with love and compassion towards yourself and see yourself as someone who was choosing for this to happen and now you have made different choices and you deserve the best choices.

I don't think I'm articulating that very well but if you say "I was bullied" you are continuing to give your power away but if you say "this is what I chose", you are claiming your power back.

It is indeed tough, but you can turn it around. Choose, choose choose ...
Old 07-01-2013, 03:37 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Hi there

I too was bullied and am being bullied - but I have to take control and ownership of the process. So, in essence, I no longer think of myself as being bullied but as allowing people to hurt me. In that way, I keep the control myself, I regain the power and that doesn't stop things but it does affect my perception.

It's an odious journey to have gone through but look back on it with love and compassion towards yourself and see yourself as someone who was choosing for this to happen and now you have made different choices and you deserve the best choices.

I don't think I'm articulating that very well but if you say "I was bullied" you are continuing to give your power away but if you say "this is what I chose", you are claiming your power back.

It is indeed tough, but you can turn it around. Choose, choose choose ...
Interesting what you say here about power Belle. There is a school of thought that in order to be oppressed we have to give our permission, i.e. we can be in an oppressive situation but not "buy" into it/have a victim's mentality. I strongly believe this and indeed practise it being in such an on-going situation (with a notorious/disturbed anti-social neighbour). I have learnt to desensitise myself but, must admit, my body often takes a knock-on effect; I do get certain psychosomatic symptoms flaring up. I wonder how far your perception of reclaiming your power has affected you Belle i.e. are you able to override any possible negative physical impacts?

Old 07-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm86
I am wondering if anyone can give me healing technqiues to get my power back or wake up to my inner power. I was bullied a few years back in graduate school.The bullying left me with no power, hope and control. Every time I think of the bullies I am filled with debilitating fear. I keep dreading that I will meet these people in the future and they will proceed to hurt me again cause we are talking about people with no conscience.

I am currently trying energy healing and it is helping with my panic attacks etc and I will be going for more sessions.

I haven't been healing for very long, but the way I understand it, the energetic effect is only a symptom.

In reaction to the pain you had from bullying, either you developed a major blockage, or it could even have been that a part of your soul ripped away. This was to keep that part of your soul safe. As a result, energy is not flowing like it should, or else it is flowing away. Energy healing will soothe your panic attacks, but depending on the skill of your healer it might not directly give you the courage to prevent, or balance against, a panic attack.

If you can, stay away from triggers that will return your state to that situation and injure you again. Sometimes you will gradually heal on your own, as your energy body continues to function, it will send signals to the block or to the missing peace that "Nothing like that has happened in months, the future looks bully-free, so it's safe to come back." Make it unlikely to see them again, and recognize the unlikelihood. Your healer told you that you would meet again and you will have gotten past this and the bully would seem so pathetic. Take it that this meeting shall NOT repeat NOT happen until you are ready. And let yourself forget it was foreseen to happen at all: that it will happen at all, was not what you needed to hear.

IF and only IF this has no effect over several months...here's another way:

So, your healer sounds very sensitive and well informed, but I'm wary of the methods. She's pumping you full of Light, more than you can handle it seems, when what I think would do more good is Shadow-work.

It goes like this: if you dread these bullies when they are not present, then let your mind drift into the painful memory. I do not mean wallow, or to self-trigger (even though this way does self-trigger.) Try to tune into the energy of that memory.

Sometimes the memory's energy will come in a symbol: you will see the bully will draw a gun, even though they did not do so in the physical past, and you'll feel a bullet in your head. Or, they might punch you so hard that their hand goes through your chest, and they keep your heart.

These visions are a translation of the energy. Then you'll know whether you lost something, or gained something that you didn't need. You can tune into your present self, where the "bullet" lodged itself, and energetically draw it out away from you. Or, you can tune in to where your heart is now, and put it back in your chest. (Some advise against doing this yourself, but, if you have to then you have to.)

Sometimes it's more subtle than that. It can really arise as just a thought added: "I must not deserve to be happy, because they hate me so much." It will be up to you, or someone who's talking you through this vision, to say, with meaning, "That is not true." And give you your power back.

Not everyone is at the spiritual maturity, where they can face somebody who damaged them personally, maliciously, and send the bully Love.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Interesting what you say here about power Belle. There is a school of thought that in order to be oppressed we have to give our permission, i.e. we can be in an oppressive situation but not "buy" into it/have a victim's mentality. I strongly believe this and indeed practise it being in such an on-going situation (with a notorious/disturbed anti-social neighbour). I have learnt to desensitise myself but, must admit, my body often takes a knock-on effect; I do get certain psychosomatic symptoms flaring up. I wonder how far your perception of reclaiming your power has affected you Belle i.e. are you able to override any possible negative physical impacts?

It's hard work and not always successful.

But the key for me, is not seeing myself as a victim, but a co-conspirator in a dysfunctional setting. As you say- not buying into the victim mentality.

From that vantage point, when I have flashbacks and so on, I can deal with myself more lovingly and kindly and advise myself that that belongs in the past and I will not allow myself to behave like that again.

I know people will try to bully me but I'm not going to allow it - and that is the key.

The people who were aggressive to me: well again this is another story. We are called to look upon them wiht love and compassion (so I believe) and see them as having a difficult journey to walk. They are on their own healing journeys, and that might involve being a bully - which is a wrong path as much as being a victim is. Neither path honours the individual.

I think of my sister and she was my great teacher, but who knows what unhappinesses she had inside her and whilst I do look on her with love and compassion - most of the time (!) - I also keep a very safe and wary distance as she hasn't morphed from bullying me some 30 odd years later.

I am sure that this victim scenario is something that I came to learn in this life - and that I had a soul contract or something of a similar nature with the perpetrators of my life. In other words, I am pretty sure I invited it before I was born. By figuring this out, it changes the whole dynamic, that this was my choice and this was what I wanted / needed to learn. And therefore I should be grateful to such teachers

Ok, I'm not comfortable in this position and it takes a lot of mind over matter and conceptually I buy into it but my emotions take me elsewhere and they are ruling somewhat.

I think as time goes on, I will be wholly there, but it takes a lot of time and a heart full of love, predominantly towards myself. Maybe by the grace of the deity, I will see a purpose behind it but maybe not. It is irrelevant.

The bottom line: I am healing.

mm86 it is not a quick fix by any means - but I hope my story or part of will empower you to realise that you are wholly in control of your life, more than you think. It's hard to change habits and I avoid my sister for that reason - she has 30 years of bullying me under her belt and shows no inclination towards changing - but I have changed my habit of trying to please her.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 PM
mm86

@misshepburn: Thanks for your kind reply. I will read the book. It looks like it is very popular.

@Wmbuzz71: Hi, Thanks for your kind reply.Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with you that my heart is stronger than theirs. I like your tip of starting to listen to my heart and to focus on the love that emits from it. It completely resonates with my core belief that love is most important.

@albalida: Hi, thanks for your kind reply. All my physical sensations have stopped.They lasted only for a couple of days and now am feeling more upbeat and optimistic.Shadow work is new to me. I will take a look at it.Thanks for letting me know.

@belle: Hi, thanks for your kind reply.I agree with you. It is not a quick fix and takes a lot of hard work. being bullied is hard enough and healing is even harder. But I learnt a lot of life lessons from this experience of mine. I learnt the importance of learning to stand up for myself. I learnt that when someone is mean to you, it is okay to tell them to get lost.i.e, it is okay to be assertive with them. If someone bullies me in the future, I will send them love and compassion and also set boundaries for myself and will not shy from calling a spade a spade.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Master

mm86 you seem to have a wise and pragmatic view of how to work things through which will stand you in good sted.

I had an incident this week where I sensed manipulation and something akin to bullying coming to the fore - I stepped away and the resounding silence was defeaning. Reactions tell you a lot about people.
Old 13-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm86
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can give me healing technqiues to get my power back or wake up to my inner power. I was bullied a few years back in graduate school.The bullying left me with no power, hope and control. Every time I think of the bullies I am filled with debilitating fear. I keep dreading that I will meet these people in the future and they will proceed to hurt me again cause we are talking about people with no conscience. I am currently trying energy healing and it is helping with my panic attacks etc and I will be going for more sessions.
Any other tips to not be so scared??

Thanks
Hi there, mm86. welcome to SF - it is a safe caring place in that many of the members support each other here in respectful ways.

Sorry to make a cliche suggestion, but I always think of self esteem when I hear of bullying issues. Not that I'm saying yours is weak, but I believe a strong sense of self love is the root of all healing and empowerment. It sounds deceptively over-simple but really, with all the wounded people in this world hurting others because of their own pain, our self esteem constantly gets eroded. Self esteem building is a lifelong process, I think - we have to keep rebuilding what gets pounded down.

My own self esteem, over the years, has been eroded by abusive partners, bullying in school, bosses driven by hunger for power & control, rude and dangerous actions of aggressive drivers on the streets! In fact, when I hear about all these anti-bullying strategies in the news, I ask: how can we possibly socialize children to become polite and respectful citizens when so many people drive like homocidal maniacs on the road!??

What has worked for me has been empowering visualizations: during an intentful meditation, I visualize myself as a beloved child of the Universe surrounded by all the spiritual masters sending me their love (Chief Dan George, Wes Studi, Dalai Lama - these are people I never "met" but really admire for their spiritual strength ... and I know we all are connected on a soul level), or a super hero (don't laugh, it works!), or I will imagine myself as a powerful, strong, noble healer, healing my own wounds.

It's also good to contemplate a circle of caring people around you - it can be as simple as drawing a circle on a paper, putting "Me" in the middle, and then writing down on the circle the names of all the people who you trust and know care about you. Journal about what they would do if you were attacked - how they'd protect you and comfort you.

When we truly see ourselves as a precious soul, it helps us reclaim our power and amps up our own inner healer.

As you have mentioned so rightly, this is not a quick fix. Remember: sometimes courage is getting ourselves out of a situation where there is negativity - running away is NOT a form of cowardice but is an act of self preservation and there is NOTHING wrong with that! If I didn't run all those times my ex husband got that look in his eye, I honestly don't know if I would be here today!

Tao Te Ching: "Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom". Get to know yourself more and honour all of what you are without judgement. Anxiety and PTSD (what many survivors of violence experience) are not signs of weakness but evidence of your very soul (or even life) being unjustly threatened. You have every right to be here, as yourself, and use these life lessons that will help you grow spiritually. And when you get to know yourself so well, you will know how to keep yourself safe - trust yourself - and rely on your allies and supports to help you.

I send you warm thoughts to continue protecting and honouring your precious self, and that you keep on growing stronger as you walk this earth path.