Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Knower

Weird & Gross - Yes. Paranormal - Hopefully not

This is about dead birds. Actually it's about finding the bodies of dead birds, minus their heads and at least one other body part, on or near the porch of the home where I work on Monday and Tuesday nights.

It doesn't happen often but, I am the only one it happens to. So far there have been 3 birds. The first was a robin and was missing it's head and a wing (actually both had been torn off but one was about 12 feet away). The second was a sparrow and was missing it's head and a wing. The third was a blackbird and was missing it's head and both legs but, the beak had been torn off and left behind. The third bird was found Tuesday morning and it happened between 4:30am and 5:30am. The other two..... I have no idea.

I don't know of any animal that would do this. I might be wrong though. I know we have coyotes, foxes, raccoons, oppossums, rabbits, and squirrels in the area. If there are any cats roaming around at night I've never seen them.

Anybody got any clues as to what is gong on? Or has heard of this happening before? I'd really like to know cause this is begining to creep me out.

Thanx
Old 04-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Master
That is gross......and sad. I hate to suppose this, but gosh, could it be a person doing this? The way you're finding them sure doesn't make sense that an animal predator is doing this.....so weird.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Nebulous

Sounds like an animal that favors those parts is leaving it behind - either a cat leaving you 'presents' or something that's a little bit wasteful in its eating habits. Some predators are that way.

I've heard of deer eating birds like that and even squirrels to supplement their diet, little, erm...nibbles, here and there. I don't know for sure if it's true but I was surprised to read about it.

That must really suck to clean up though. Sorry to hear it!! :S
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 AM
sesheta

I would say most likely it's a cat (or cats). They tend to catch prey, play with it, eat what they feel like, and leave the rest....
Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Knower

Thank you Silvergirl, Nebulous, and sesheta -

I sure hope it is a cat or some wasteful predator. I'd hate to think it is a human but, when I found the first one that thought did cross my mind. Then when I found this last one I got the strangest feeling. I can't even put it into words. So I figured I'd post it here and see what you all thought.

Thanks again
Old 06-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Master
I hope you'll keep us posted if anything comes to light on this situation. It sure would be a relief for you to know for sure.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Knower

I was telling somebody else about it today and the person remembered that serial killers when they are first starting out killing things often begin by killing animals and taking trophies.

I pray that it is another animal doing this and not a human.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Master
It would be helpful if a 'nanny cam' could be rigged up and find out what it is.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It would be helpful if a 'nanny cam' could be rigged up and find out what it is.

That's what the person I was talking to yesterday suggested as well. Problem is that I only work there and I don't want to risk being fired. If I could establish a timeline I might risk it since I would only need to record a 2 hr time slot, between 4 and 6 AM, I think I will look into this possibility. I don't know if I can afford the equipment though. I wonder if I could rent it from some place? Nobody I know has one so buying or renting are my only options.

Thanx
Old 07-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge
That's what the person I was talking to yesterday suggested as well. Problem is that I only work there and I don't want to risk being fired. If I could establish a timeline I might risk it since I would only need to record a 2 hr time slot, between 4 and 6 AM, I think I will look into this possibility. I don't know if I can afford the equipment though. I wonder if I could rent it from some place? Nobody I know has one so buying or renting are my only options.

Thanx

If it were me (and it gave me the willies) I might opt to maybe find a secluded spot to park in sight of where it's been happening between those hours and see for myself maybe.