Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
There's a few points I personally disagree with here, I've bolded each statement I wish to touch on.

1) I disagree with your cutoff at the animal kingdom. ALL of existence is alive: humans, animals, plants, rocks, stars, matter, energy, all of it. All of existence is one great pattern of vibrational energy, and all delineations are just the result of our limited senses and our assumptions.

2 and 3) The idea that we are supposed to "do" anything in life is based on thinking and assumptions tied into Time. Einstein showed that Time does not exist in and of itself, that instead it is inextricably intertwined with physical matter. But if our nature is non-physical (and thus non-linear), how can we be here to "do" anything in particular? All ideas of learning, training, evolution, earning, consequences, or any requirements are linear concepts, and thus are tied to our assumption that Time exists.

4) There are no "musts" once we drop our physical aspect. The experience that many near-death survivors report of the "life review" is merely a result of our transition from physical/linear/singular to nonphysical/atemporal/collective. It seems like a review because all our memories become a single cohesive whole once Time is removed. It seems like we experience how we made others feel because all separations into me/you are removed as well. Looked back upon by those who return to life, it does seem like a forced review. Looked at with the realization of how things would be with time, physicality, and individualness removed, it makes perfect sense.

5) Evil is a purely human concept, having no meaning outside of linear existence. There is an inherent nature to the Universe, which is Unity, and there are actions which deny Unity, and we do tend to label such actions "evil", this is all true. But this label of "evil" is part of a dichotomy with "good", both of which have no meaning without the other. No action is inherently good or evil (or anything for that matter), it is simply an action. The labels of good and evil are ones that humans create in order to organize their experiences into those they prefer and those they do not.

It is impressive that you were interested in these matters at the tender age of 12, but I would recommend, as you get older, that you remember the words of Buckminster Fuller...

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which would change everything."

CS

Good post CS.

BUCKY!!!! I haven't read that name in decades!!!
Old 21-12-2011, 02:50 PM
geri

Why do you think we have to die a physical death? Why can't we change our mortal bodies to immortal bodies now. Mind over matter. Jesus said "I am the resurrection, though a man die yet shall he live. But he that lives and believes in me (what he taught) shall never die." Why do we accept physical death so easily? In the bible it tells about Enoch not seeing death because God took him. We, I believe, can manifest the same type of body Jesus had after he resurrected. He overcame death and manifested immortality.
We were given dominion over all the works of God. That includes our bodies. If we accept physical death it will surely come. As a man believes in his heart so he is. Be it done to you according to your faith or belief. If God wills death than God is not a God of life. Forgive my rambleing, but I think we limit ourselves and the power that is in us.