Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Explorer

I don't believe that Shadow People are necessarily anything to do with Humans. In the astral plane there could be a whole new spectrum of species evolving under different circumstances.
Lots of Astral Travellers have encountered Astral entities (including self).

The Humanoid Shadow person could be just as intelligent as we Humans, and neither good nor bad. It just needs to feed as any other creature dependant on energy.
We consume foodstuff and convert it into vital energy. SP's absorb energy from us (and possibly others).
The fact (IMO fact!lol) that it absorbs energy maybe why it appears to be dark? It emits or reflects nothing. Human spirits emit light (in my experience).
That maybe something to to with the receiver and transmitter wavelengths of both?

The incubi maybe a species from the astral plane like the Shadow people. There could be as many species there as there are here.
Who knows?

(By 'there' I mean 'here in a different wavelength'.)
Old 20-06-2011, 10:18 PM
HBuck72

In some of the spiritual traditions that I am involved in the term "Shadow Person" is often used to describe a "Dweller on the Threshold" entity that is basically composed of your own negative self, which is composed of the negative energy that you are shedding as you develop spiritually. This falls in line with the Conservation of Energy Law, where as you shed negative energy, the energy simply goes somewhere else.

Of course under this theory the further you progress the stronger the shadow entity becomes. This is why many spiritual traditions have safeguards to prevent only the prepared from advancing to a next level/stage/degree.

As far as ghosts, or other spiritual entities on this plane, I feel that they are simply lost spirits.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Knower
Everytime I go into my kitchen especially when i is night time, I feel like someone is in the corner as you enter. Could this be one?

The last thing he said to me...Pointing to the black sky littered with sequined stars...I've been there and back again~
Old 25-06-2011, 02:55 AM
mattie

Shadow People

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacity
For those who have seen shadow people, I wanted to discuss some theories of what they could be. I have had many encounters with them, so I am interested!

My theories: Most are human souls that are scared to move on for whatever reason and get stuck in a loop of some kind because they do not move on from this world.

I think that you call ‘shadow people’ is what I refer to as the stalled 4D jokers. Check out multidimensions.com’s information on 4D. Good search engine.

Some human souls may be scared to move on, or have unresolved issues that keep them lingering here, but this is a VERY small minority of them. ‘Most’ is very overstated IMO. Even for those who are fearful of death when they are here (largely uncertainty), I believe that they find that they have so much loving support when they pass on that they move past what were their earthly fears very quickly & easily.

The term ‘shadow’ or ‘shadow self’ is often used to represent the dark side of our psyche. I completely disagree w/ this idea as it is the same as the supposedly separate & manipulative ego. These ideas contend that portions of our psyche are separate, operating autonomously. This is nonsense designed to give us an out when we imagine we are soooooooo advanced, but plainly see that we are operating in ways that aren’t consistent w/ the advanced level we imagine that we inhabit.

The myth of the separate ego or shadow self is a convenient dumping ground for that which we aren’t willing to OWN. Well, all of the thoughts & emotions we have are 100% generated by us, not the ego or shadow self.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...829#post219829
Old 01-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Experiencer
That is a very good question, and actually part of the answer lies in the Question.
There is something that all humans have,
for some reason this is not common knowledge.
This thing I call a Construct exists on the astral plane,
it is, you could almost say, a shadow of the person.
Actually what it is is a creation made of all the energy from all the attention that has gone to define that person over their lifetimes.
As you know the Law of Manifestation say's that where you put thought and emotion...
if it is maintained,
something will eventually manifest.
Well think of all the thoughts and feelings you have had about yourself...
and all the thoughts and feelings others have had about you....
just in this lifetime alone,
that is a lot of manifestation energy.
Well this creates this Astral Shadow that has a lot of the attributes of an actual soul...
except no self motivation....
it's totally created upon outside attention,
so it is limited to "what was".

Anyway when a person dies the place they pass through is the astral plane and one of the major laws there is ...well, we'll talk about 2 laws.
One is that we draw to ourselves that which resonates at a similar frequency....
and another is ,
where we put our attention...
we will go.

So normally when we pass to the InBetween Time as I call it,
we sort of have a forward looking direction....
we are heading in a certain direction,
quite motivated by our souls desire "get on with it". ("It" being evolving)
However there are some souls who are so invested in their past lives,
in certain aspects of the life they just left.....
that their resonance rather than the usual desire to evolve....
is the desire for what they were.
This resonance ...as a way of speaking....
turns their heads towards their construct (the definition and energy of who they were)...
and simply by making this ...choice.....
it pulls their construct into them....
not the usual scenario...
and they become trapped so to speak by their astral construct,
and can not move forward,
because they are trapped in yesterdays definition...

I have some actual .... experience in this area....
unfortunately, that cost me about 20 years of this life.
I used to do something that for lack of a better term I call, Yoga of the Death State. Basically my teachers taught me how to die,
without actually cutting the silver cord.
This made it possible for me to die countless times,
and experience what death is like....
so I learned a lot of Rules of how things operate in the InBetween time.
Well, this will probably sound strange to most folks. But something happened in my life where, against my Teachers Yells, he he...I went out there and "turned" to face my construct. The intention was to "go back to who I used to be"... I know, sounds insane... actually you can read about it here in more detail, just scroll down to "The Humpty Dumpty Episode"....
http://mysticorbtalismans.blogspot.c...ss-closet.html
Anyway, since I hadn't severed the cord, I wasn't trapped in an astral realm,
but ....as you can read in the post on the link....
I got seriously messed up.....

So to make this concise.
The shadow people are souls who clung to their constructs at death,
and are temporarily trapped in a reflection of who they were,
and the world they knew.
Old 24-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Charlies Angel

I keep seeing fleeting images of dark shapes like people out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn there is no one there. Are those shadow people?
Old 28-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacity
For those who have seen shadow people, I wanted to discuss some theories of what they could be. I have had many encounters with them, so I am interested!

My theories: Most are human souls that are scared to move on for whatever reason and get stuck in a loop of some kind because they do not move on from this world.

some are pure evil tooo.. just like individuals that are alive... maybe like the shame of their lives or also the evilness.. there is a difference from lost souls and shadow souls.

All The Glory Belongs to God Forever!
Old 30-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Ahimsa

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'shadow people', but it sounds like you're talking about either ghosts or dark entities.
Ghosts are beings that are stuck in limbo because they have not moved on into the light. They are often earthbound and troubled, with unfinished business. Some are dark, but not all of course.
Dark entities are beings that are manifesting dark energy and tend to shun the light. They feel dark, they look dark. It's a foreboding, uncomfortable feeling. Some of them tend to siphon energy, or create fear, or magnify pain.
Some may be human souls, but that tends toward ghosts.
Dark entities can be other things too. There are some very powerful dark entities that are not human, just as there are many powerful light entities that are not human.
It is important to take care of yourself, protect yourself. Casting a sphere/circle of light energy (force field) around yourself is a good thing to do. Maintaining a space surrounded by a force field can be very helpful. If dark entities approach and you do not want them there, you can call in the light. Some times they will go into the light, sometimes they will go away if they are not ready or willing to do that. You can magnify the light, ask for the help of light entities if you need to. They are all around us, they will help you if you ask.
Old 30-10-2011, 07:52 AM
mattie

Sometimes Seen As A Part Of Our Energies That Is Supposedly Autonomous

Shadow people are sometimes referred to as the negative parts of our personality. This is problematic as it avoids ownership of what one is generating, attributing that to something they don’t feel they are responsible for, their shadow person. Ego is sometimes used in the same way as something to dump that which we don’t want to take ownership about.