Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Master
Integrate or Renounce .

Some say that one is not the body and renounce the ailments of the body .

For some they refer to the body as a temple of sorts .

I understand that the body manifest can be seen in both ways and depending of context both ways of perceiving the manifest body is correct .

While I AM of the manifest body and the body contains life, I AM not renouncing it, as a matter of fact I AM self healing daily .

It's an interesting journey however which way one perceives it ..

Can you love yourself and not the body .. can you love yourself and renounce a part of yourself?

x daz x
Old 02-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Guide
Interesting.. I ha ve renounced illness for over 15 years now. I never get sick anymore. One day I became powerful enough to simply say I will not get sick anymore. I counter every illness and buffer my body with positive forms of knowledge. The body can be enhanced with your knowledge and choice.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Knower

I've never identified with my body, heart, or mind.
I view them as vessels, tools if you will, to aid in
my souls journey of evolution.
I, also, honor these vessels, and therefore cherish
them as temples. They, I feel, are interconnected
with another & again serve the higher purpose.
However. knowing the truths of the Universe,
I maintain a detachment from them.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Master
The body is the vessel that allows us to live this life and move through life clear and healthy if we do take care of all of ourselves. Taking care of myself as a complete vessel serves me well.

The mind body spirit is an inclusive integration for me.

When death calls me, that is the time to let this body go. While life calls me, my body is important to the whole foundation of myself being me and living a quality filled life.

If you love yourself deep enough to know it all matters, you listen and do what you need for yourself more complete.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 03-11-2017, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Interesting.. I ha ve renounced illness for over 15 years now. I never get sick anymore. One day I became powerful enough to simply say I will not get sick anymore. I counter every illness and buffer my body with positive forms of knowledge. The body can be enhanced with your knowledge and choice.

So do you perceive the body and the ailments as a part of you?

Peeps can renounce many self aspects, but one can associate what that is with themselves on one hand and not on the other .

For example one can renounce their desires of the material but still maintain the connection that this is a part of them that they don't like .

For some they would renounce their personality traits because such traits are belonging to an illusory self.

x daz x
Old 03-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
The body is the vessel that allows us to live this life and move through life clear and healthy if we do take care of all of ourselves. Taking care of myself as a complete vessel serves me well.

The mind body spirit is an inclusive integration for me.

When death calls me, that is the time to let this body go. While life calls me, my body is important to the whole foundation of myself being me and living a quality filled life.

If you love yourself deep enough to know it all matters, you listen and do what you need for yourself more complete.

Yup, the body is the vehicle for the spirit to be. For us to be. I've never been able to separate mind body and spirit. Those alleged separate components are useful for bookshops where the term "spirituality" might lead the uninitiated to think of the Bible and other holy books. Many still tend to think of spirituality and religion synonymously.

So we have to take care of body maintenance. There are too many poisons in the "maintenance chain" now, the bits of the ecology that support humanity, put there mostly by people and their industries. Ok, there are many poisons in Nature for various reasons no doubt but they shouldn't have got into the human support system.

I get miffed by people willing to accept the political un-science that the levels of this or that in the food/water supply are "perfectly safe".

They said the same about lead 200 years ago when vintners used lead to adjust the sweetness of their wines. No scientific evidence it does any harm therefore it's perfectly safe.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Some say that one is not the body and renounce the ailments of the body .

For some they refer to the body as a temple of sorts .

I understand that the body manifest can be seen in both ways and depending of context both ways of perceiving the manifest body is correct .

While I AM of the manifest body and the body contains life, I AM not renouncing it, as a matter of fact I AM self healing daily .

It's an interesting journey however which way one perceives it ..

Can you love yourself and not the body .. can you love yourself and renounce a part of yourself?

x daz x
Please bear with me here.

In the quest for spiritual refinement, it takes time and the experience of living life to the fullest and maximising our individual potential.

The healthier and fitter our bodies are for this endeavour, the more time we will be allotted and the easier it will be for any transformation of spirit to occur, in the ideal sense.

It is a holistic practice of integration in which we acknowledge the needs of the body in regards, but are not attached to those physical pursuits to the detriment of our spiritual life (looks at so-called 'gym junkies' and 'health-food freaks').

The renunciation comes with providing for our basic health requirements without obsessing over them and adopting a simplistic life without overindulgence in the refined or 'fast food' market which has become the unhealthy social trend and to get at least half an hour of sweat-exercise in every day.

Also, one can 'renounce' physical ailments as much as they like, but it won't stop those physical ailments...story of my life. lol
Old 03-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
So do you perceive the body and the ailments as a part of you?
Some things you can change, other things you're stuck with. I don't get colds and flu through the winter because I just don't give in to them. While others are shoveling pills and potions they're destroying their immune system, I'd rather strengthen mine by letting a cold run its course. Other things though, not so much because there are parts of my body that do hurt - I'm old and knackered after all. However, some of the most painful ones are reminders of my Journey - souvenirs if you will.

I've been there and done that - physically, emotionally and Spiritually - and y'know? It's all me, all of it - warts and all.

I could renounce my desires but they're driving forces for experience, and just because I have a nice car in the drive it doesn't make me an egomaniac, it simply makes the Journey far more pleasant than driving a clapped out banger. And after a long time of not having, having is quite an experience.

This illusory self isn't so bad and my personality is infectious. I'm conscious that there are those whose Spirits are raised because of a simple smile that comes from an agreeable personality, or have a worry fade away. In that, Are We One? If I had renounced those personality traits and had no personality?

Does Spirituality belong to an illusory self? Is the non-illusory self the one that sees purpose and reason in having/being an illusory self? Are we simply wearing a mask as actors on Shakespeare's stage?

The question is, what is the question?

I'm going to put my Spirituality to one side because the reality is that my garden is a mess, it's annoying me and Mrs Greenslade's ticked at what she sees when she's putting the washing out. The birds don't mind though, and in all of that is a Spirituality.

Quote:
Can you not Love yourself Unconditionally? Is that the 'ultimate goal'?
Old 03-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
I've never identified with my body, heart, or mind.
I view them as vessels, tools if you will, to aid in
my souls journey of evolution.
I, also, honor these vessels, and therefore cherish
them as temples.
They, I feel, are interconnected
with another & again serve the higher purpose.
However. knowing the truths of the Universe,
I maintain a detachment from them.

Can you cherish the body without attachment?

x daz x
Old 03-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Knower

Yes. I've always been comfortable with
knowing that the body & mind eventually
decay & are left behind. I've had many
near death experiences, and have always
been at peace.

For me, it's always been a balancing
act. To honor the body for it's functional
purposes & aiding in soul navigation &
evolution. While knowing it's transient