Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurr0
... Now, if you have any questions other than being an internet Sherlock Holmes, feel free to ask.
Don't be ridiculous ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This is a particular teaching then. The cemeteries are full of Messiahs each with a claim to know the truth. But I'm glad you gave a summary. I couldn't have faced grappling with the walls of text!

There will be those who believe and go along with this goal of human life. I'm having a little trouble with a goal of life being to get enlightened to aid human civilisation.

Most humans never bother to realise they're nothing special - just another species in the petri-dish; a big enlightenment, surely, is awareness and annihilation of human arrogance.

Uhm, ignorance kind of goes away with enlightenment, that's one of the points. It is the greatest individual goal a human being can have. One of the things an enlightened one can do is help others get rid of their flaws. Actually, at a certain level of enlightenment, you can accomplish pretty much anything you want. And to answer your remark about humans and animals, read books by Meher Baba to see about the different stages of consciousness - this will make you understand what is the difference between humans and animals.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Don't be ridiculous ...
What's ridiculous about it? Dude, this is my thread. Either be constructive or buzz off.
Old 25-05-2019, 01:03 AM
Master

Quote:
What's ridiculous about it? Dude, this is my thread. Either be constructive or buzz off.
Don't be rude! it is uncalled for. This is the second time you do it!

My first post, to which you replied rudely, was a link to a pdf version of the book you're posting from. The book is written in a more readable fashion than your posts, and I thought to help those interested.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-05-2019, 05:04 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
everything is related.

I really liked this statement from you.

If I can be so bold as to add another piece from my beliefs.

Everything is related
and
Everything is Sacred
So
May we take each step as a prayer
Old 25-05-2019, 11:19 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
My first post, to which you replied rudely, was a link to a pdf version of the book you're posting from. The book is written in a more readable fashion than your posts, and I thought to help those interested.
It was a joke buddy. Besides, I'm used to people trying to sabotage these things on the internet, but good to know you were trying to help.

Anyway folks, I thought the chapters about the luminous body were the most important from that book so that's the reason I copied them. Anyone interested in Places of Power can read the pdf linked by inavalan, I won't be talking about those places yet since most people can't afford to travel around the world. As of Monday, I will be translating everything from the official facebook page of this master. To my knowledge, this will be the first translations ever done on these topics other than the book Places of Power that someone kindly translated for free. I considered it to be a privilege to have access to this knowledge. One day, these books will be all over the world, but until then, my goal is to make it available for everyone. That way, there will be no excuses. If you were meant to find out about it, you will.
Also, I would kindly ask people not to go off topic.
Old 26-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Uhm, ignorance kind of goes away with enlightenment, that's one of the points. It is the greatest individual goal a human being can have. One of the things an enlightened one can do is help others get rid of their flaws. Actually, at a certain level of enlightenment, you can accomplish pretty much anything you want. And to answer your remark about humans and animals, read books by Meher Baba to see about the different stages of consciousness - this will make you understand what is the difference between humans and animals.
Nice but....who decides what's a flaw? One of these teachers? Or the individual? And suppose it turns out not to be a flaw after all? One is cautioned not to offend one's angles while purging one's demons.

Thank you for the tip about the book but again one has to be cautious. This is a human author "lording it" again - a viewpoint about "life" rather than an analysis of the ecology. It seems to assume that humans are at the top of the organic hierarchy rather than dependent on it. "Stages of consciousness" is a construct that denies the great unknown of how other life forms manipulate their environment for survival. What is consciousness? How does anyone know whether "other animals" have parallel qualities?

I once thought that humans were among very few creatures incapable of living in harmony with Nature. They're destroying the very environment that supports them. Now I see their role in perfect harmony: what some would call destructive qualities are just another complexity of control in the natural (ecological) order, sowing the seeds of their own destruction in turn. That's what good their consciousness has done for them. It hasn't taught them a very basic lesson: they are no more necessary to "organic life" than, say, a moth or a hibiscus or even a phage.

I'm not appreciative of Indian gurus. Their message comes with good intentions but is impossible to absorb by all individuals. Look at the state of India - hardly exemplary in the quality of life stakes unless you're very rich. Mr Baba's lessons appear to have fallen on stony ground.

But it's a belief and there'll be many here inspired by the message you present. My views are at odds more from observation and a growing understanding that every ecological thing is functionally related. I suspect the answer will eventually be resolved through neurophysiology rather than "passed on" teachings.

Thank you for your response.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 26-05-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 26-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I really liked this statement from you.

If I can be so bold as to add another piece from my beliefs.

Everything is related
and
Everything is Sacred
So
May we take each step as a prayer

Thank you kindly but alas I can't take the credit. Though my inner "systems theorist" has long believed it, the message came from Jesus in His conversations reported by Mary Magdalene starting on Page 7 of what remains of Her Gospel. To Him goes the credit. The passage starts:

"...What is matter? Will it last forever?
The Teacher answered "All that is born, all that is created,
all the elements of Nature are interwoven and united
with each other. All that is composed shall be decomposed
and return to its roots."

and on...

It's interesting. Just a little down the page, Mary reports that Peter asked Jesus
"What is the sin of the world?"
to which Jesus replied -
"There is no sin. **
It is you who make sin exist
when you act according to the habits
of your corrupted nature;
this is where sin lies.
This is why the Good has come into your midst.
It acts together with the elements of your nature
so as to reunite it with its roots."

** I presume He meant within nature.
Sorry to make this interjection. I don't want to divert the topic!!!

Perhaps Jesus is one guru to whom I pay huge respect. A most wise person.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 26-05-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: pronouns
Old 26-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Master

Quote:
I'm not appreciative of Indian gurus. Their message comes with good intentions but is impossible to absorb by all individuals.

Those who want can take it, those who do not need to can refuse it. The Dharmic philosophies are not imposed on anyone forcefully, there is freedom of choice and no one need fear of inquisitions and jihads in this regard.

Quote:

Look at the state of India - hardly exemplary in the quality of life stakes unless you're very rich.

India is an ancient civilization that has survived to the present era when all the other ancient civilizations like the Mayan, Mesapotamian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Zoroastrian have collapsed, and continues to live in the modern world.

India and China were the richest countries in the sixteenth century as per Forbes. It went through its bout of poverty and exploitation like China under western colonialism, went through recovery phase and is now rapidly becoming the dominant economies in the world, lifting millions out of poverty.

India is the fastest growing economy on earth while China hold the U.S. in debt of trillions of dollars. European nations and uk still continues to be in economic recession.

India with its one billion plus population also has the highest proportion of youth as compared to other populations and the future seems to be optimistic and progressive.

The fact that India is the first nation on earth to send a space probe to mars successfully on its first attempt shows that it is an ancient civilization that has successfully wedded itself to modern science and technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Orbiter_Mission

Under the values of its ancient civilization we can be rest assured that it will use science and technology for peaceful purposes. But I am not optimistic in this regard with respect to the west, considering increasing tensions between the west and russia and high possibility of a nuclear holocaust under some trigger happy general or politician which can wipe out the west and russia at any point.

Western civilization is a beautiful bubble that can easily be pricked at any moment. It needs to focus more on nonviolence and peace as exhorted by Martin Luther King rather than spending trillions on creating weapons of mass destruction.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 26-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Lorelyen

It would be wrong to turn this into a political polemic. Let's just say you describe the upside of India well enough without mentioning the downsides that often resolve at the individual level - and the huge changes it has gone through, just as some of the civilisations you claim perished do in fact still exist but under different flags.

The problem now is globalism and interdependence. Western civilisation isn't alone as a beautiful bubble that can be pricked. Any civilisation can. India, Pakistan, depend on the west for what wealth they have (and still receive foreign aid from the UK, let's not forget that).

It's about change. Old empires die to be replaced by new ones but some of their institutions cling on.
I'm not opposed to other cultures. My beliefs are a mix from Japan, Bethlehem and the Afro-Caribbean. The teachings of Jesus as distinct from what passes as Christianity are great topics for meditation and contemplation.

But I'm also alive to human arrogance and how it is putting everything in place to close itself down. Inevitable.
So I've said my piece. I'll sit out now if I may.