Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Linen,

Jojo, I didn't know he said that - love South Park forever!

There really is a South Park Colorado.

If you hit rock bottom, start picking up rocks.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. Ygritte from Game of Thrones.
Old 25-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Master
Hot summer days one after the other. My tomatoes are growing but so far not turning red. Common for our area. We don't start getting ripe tomatoes until August.

Lilly is still sitting. I'm waiting impatiently.

I'm about ready to rehome 9 other mid size ducklings. They are feathering out and getting big.

Dogs treed a bear 2 nights ago. Yep, it's definitely summer. Hopefully he won't come back after being harassed by my dogs.

Old 25-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
so happy for Lilly. can't wait to see her babies....

how is Daisy doing?
Old 26-07-2017, 02:23 AM
Master
Jojo, Daisy is laying eggs again. Unfortunately, she's run out of summer. After a month of sitting on them to hatch out and a month for them to grow up, it will be iffy and they might not survive if we get a early frost. So she will have to wait till next year to raise a new family.

Called Joe and he came and picked up the 9 that were ready. Their moms are bummed but they know the routine and will be over it in a couple of days. But I still feel bad for them.

Old 26-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Master
I'm up early - well actually I laid in bed and didn't really sleep - so hot!
(Even though it's cooler this week than last, but it's supposed to get up there again before this week is out.

I ran across an interesting article in the Farmer's Almanac (I get an email subscription every week or every day or something): It's about helping your chickens beat the heat and thought it could be something for your ducks as well, linen. Here's the link on how to make it: https://farmersalmanac.com/blog/2017...-for-chickens/

Old 27-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Master
What a sweet thought Silver. My duckies are doing well in the heat. When they get hot they take a swim. And yes, they do love watermelon in the summer. It's just not watermelon season yet! Soon though I'll have large slices, still cold from the fridge out for them to nibble on. The frozen ring looks like fun.

It's hard to sleep when you are hot.

Old 27-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Master
Jojo when Joe came by to pick up my ducklings ready to be rehomed, he said no more nests after the hens that are already sitting have hatched. That means Daisy will not be able to sit on her eggs and hatch them out since she is still laying. This is her second nest so don't feel to sorry for her. She's already raised one family this year. There is always next year.

Old 27-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Master
Thanks to Silver's link I was able to look up Colorado weather through the rest of the summer. Seems we have lots of rains coming in between hot periods. The rain is always welcome. Cools things off and keeps everything green.

Old 28-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Jojo when Joe came by to pick up my ducklings ready to be rehomed, he said no more nests after the hens that are already sitting have hatched. That means Daisy will not be able to sit on her eggs and hatch them out since she is still laying. This is her second nest so don't feel to sorry for her. She's already raised one family this year. There is always next year.

aww, I feel a little bit sorry for her.... but I know you have to do what's best for them...
Old 29-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Master
Can't have little ones when it gets cold. They wouldn't survive. It takes 33-35 days for a Muscovy to incubate their eggs (before they hatch) and another month before their feathers just start to come in. A full 3 months till they are fully feathered out from their hatch date. So we'd be cutting it close.

Checked Lilly this morning; no babies yet.

I made mulberry jelly today. I have 9 half pint jars sitting and cooling on my counter. Yum!

Closed Thread