Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 20-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Master
Murphy

My dog was put down this afternoon. He was my best friend. When i was in highschool and the entire world at one point had turned their back on me, he was the one at my lowest and lonliest point that walked in the room and licked me on the hand and was their for me.

He was the kindest, most beautiful dog i have ever known. I never realized for a time today how deeply my emotions ran when on the way to the vet. I had a hard time keeping it together, and that never happens to me. I cry the odd time, but i can keep it together in public without any problem. Today i had a hard time doing so. However, just before we went in for our final pats, and to see him off, i went sort of cold or numb, and that bothers me. I wish i could have let him see how much i cared about him in that room when i said goodbye.

But this is not about me.

I'll miss you Murph. You were my best friend. I hope you know how much i loved and still love you. I'm sorry i wasn't better to you sometimes. I should have spent more time with you lately, and shown you more love lately. I know you are in a better place. I will never forget you. .~*
Old 20-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Master
((Deusdrum)) I am so very sorry.

Old 20-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Master
Me too, sorry you lost your good best friend.

Old 20-04-2011, 01:06 AM
surrendertotheflow

It's always sad when we lose one of our furry friends, for they are usually the ones with the most love in their hearts. Know that his soul will be with you always in your heart
Old 20-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Master
Thank you. Thank you guys. ~*
Old 22-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Suspended
Deusdrum,
My heart's with you.
I know how amazing dogs can be... unconditional love, humility, amazing loyalty.
Family.
I've thought, when I die, I want to connect with my dog, to let her know how much she meant to me. I think we will be able to.
Old 22-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Master
Perspective - I've been thinking a lot about that lately. (meaning your last sentence) If dogs do not have souls, then i do not have a soul. That issue is not up for debate. Not with me at least.
Old 22-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Perspective - I've been thinking a lot about that lately. (meaning your last sentence) If dogs do not have souls, then i do not have a soul. That issue is not up for debate. Not with me at least.
I agree.
After I read your comment & thought about this more, I felt such a cool spiritual feeling - like "Yeah, exactly right."
Old 22-04-2011, 08:10 PM
angelleem

Deusdrum, I hope you don't mind me sharing this poem I came across when my family lost our dog it brought me comfort I hope the same for you, Warmest Blessings Angelleem

Last Night
I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
“It’s me, I haven’t left you, I’m well, I’m fine, I’m here.”
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I’m not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you; I smiled and said, “It’s me.”
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It’s possible for me to be near you every day.
To say to you with certainty, “I never went away.”
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew…
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over…I smile and watch you yawning
And say, “Goodnight, God bless, I’ll see you in the morning.”
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I’ll rush across to greet you and we’ll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out…then come home to be with me.
“Thank you for loving me enough to set me free”

Anon
Old 23-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelleem
“Thank you for loving me enough to set me free”

Anon

Yes, that's it exactly. What i already know, though find hard to let him go. It is selfish, not to put too much blame on myself. I shall put the effort in to think only of him with love, that is easy in his case. And stop wishing he were still here. There is no sense in that. His absence, physically speaking, is too noticeable to deny. Though i will remember to keep aware of his presence in my heart.

Thank you for the poem. I sincerely like it, and feel it fitting, and will likely come back to re-read it a few times at least, i'm sure.

Thank you angelleem . ~