Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
It would make sense if your practice is one of being at ease, then you would not be derailed by others emotions. You would stay on track with what is good for you, and thus be of better service to others. Mine is progressively feeling better without sending me to extremes where I can't handle myself

I enjoy reading your posts, Melahin

Yes, Buddhism is something I practice, which I wasn't aware of as I didn't label what I did, I just did it through reading/listening/watching teachers. Keeping distance from something or someone without getting overwhelmed emotionally is key

Thank you.
Old 21-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
Others oftentimes expect us to start crying and bawling over something, or at the very least complain and react emotionally, whereas I am aware I am not interested in doing that as it is doesn't feel natural to at this point on my journey.

This isn't to say I don't have empathy or feel sadness by the way. My heart goes out to hearing destructive events in the news etc.
Use it or lose it, is your Spirituality based more on thinking than feeling? If your Spirituality is biased more towards processing of information/thinking than feeling then what's happening is neuroplasticity. What happens is that the brain can create new neural pathways when our thinking changes, certain pathways are created while others atrophy.

Emotions are energy in motion and some people are emotionally sensitive to energetic changes, either ones happening within themselves or perceptual ones. Think of the polarities of a battery. Your heart goes out to destructive events on the TV - a perceptual difference in frequencies between yours and the 'frequencies of destruction'. You're a good guy, destruction is bad and emotional energy is created.

Becoming Spiritual changes how your brain processes information because you're using different/creating new neural pathways, so how you perceive the energetic differences is going to change accordingly; processing Spiritual information is very different to processing sensory information. If your Spiritually involves more thinking/reasoning then that's where the bias is, and less on the emotional reactions. Your core emotions are intact but they're being processed differently, if not being atrophied by the lack of attention/processing. What the brain processes makes a difference too, if you're reading a lot of 'detachment-type' material, even if you don't put that into practice it can seep through into your subconscious and become a part of your paradigm. You are what you eat in more ways than you'd imagine.

Quote:
I just did it through reading/listening/watching teachers. Keeping distance from something or someone without getting overwhelmed emotionally is key
I'm going to take a wild guess. You're very intuitive and I wouldn't be surprised if you were clair-sentient, if not one of the others. You seem to know without knowing how you know, "it comes naturally." Wgat I think you mean by 'coming naturally' is that you have Gnosis, which basically knowing without knowing how you know. That would go along with your emotional aspects.

Energy is energy and envisioning helps. If you're being flooded my emotions envison them as floodwater and channel them with that vision firmly in your mind. That way you don't 'collect' them like a dam.
Old 21-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Use it or lose it, is your Spirituality based more on thinking than feeling? If your Spirituality is biased more towards processing of information/thinking than feeling then what's happening is neuroplasticity. What happens is that the brain can create new neural pathways when our thinking changes, certain pathways are created while others atrophy

You know, I've never really asked myself that - it's never crossed my mind! I'm very unaware of what I actually do, aren't I?! I'd say it's more geared towards thinking, for sure. Constantly playing witness to my thoughts - as in all the time - and a lot of self-introspection, inquiry etc, questioning why I feel a certain way about things; digging deeper if you will. I've heard of neuroplasticity, but know nothing about it, so I'll take a look at that, cheers. Makes sense.

Quote:
Becoming Spiritual changes how your brain processes information because you're using different/creating new neural pathways, so how you perceive the energetic differences is going to change accordingly; processing Spiritual information is very different to processing sensory information. If your Spiritually involves more thinking/reasoning then that's where the bias is, and less on the emotional reactions

Yes, this makes total sense, and with the constant observation of thoughts/reasoning then this adds weight to what you're saying.

Quote:
Your core emotions are intact but they're being processed differently, if not being atrophied by the lack of attention/processing. What the brain processes makes a difference too, if you're reading a lot of 'detachment-type' material, even if you don't put that into practice it can seep through into your subconscious and become a part of your paradigm. You are what you eat in more ways than you'd imagine

Completely understand and agree

Quote:
I'm going to take a wild guess. You're very intuitive and I wouldn't be surprised if you were clair-sentient, if not one of the others. You seem to know without knowing how you know, "it comes naturally." Wgat I think you mean by 'coming naturally' is that you have Gnosis, which basically knowing without knowing how you know. That would go along with your emotional aspects.

I'd say I'm fairly intuitive, yet I almost go through this whole spiritual journey blindfolded it seems, not putting labels on what is is I'm practicing or learning really. You've provided some great information so I'll have a look into it, thank you
Old 21-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
There's times during our journey that we feel overwhelmed with positive feelings; that zest for life, that mood where you feel amazing. This comes and goes for me personally. When I talk of this particular mood I mean that really great feeling, not just feeling great - that euphoric feeling.

Then there's the low times, which we all (most) experience on occasion, or some more than others.

What I'm aware of in myself is how I'm largely neither buzzing with joy nor depressed, but what I'd consider a monorail feeling or approach to life.

I'm talking here on an emotional level with worry, anxiety, negative thoughts/feelings etc.

I naturally love to laugh and find joy in making others smile, so I don't mean I walk around on a daily basis not smiling or involving myself in conversations of various topics, because I do. I don't mean this by monorail.

What I mean is when an event occurs or you hear of 'bad' news or are basically put in a situation where the people you know will flap and panic, I have noticed I'm very level with it all, but I'm inquiring within if this is due to me shutting myself down emotionally without realising?

I'd consider myself aware enough to know if I was doing this, but sometimes we become conditioned with something, or the mind can trick you to think you're a certain way both in a positive or negative approach.

As I said, I self-inquire a lot, but it still leaves me questioning ''Have I shut down here or am I more in acceptance?''.

There's been a couple of things recently where I'm 'handling' them without any emotion which is prompting the questions. I don't want to shut down emotionally, but I wonder if I am coming from a place of true acceptance with trying to witness most of my daily thoughts? Maybe this is development or maybe the mind is masking core emotions?

What are your experiences? As you progress spiritually do you feel more of a monorail approach emotionally to things?

Others oftentimes expect us to start crying and bawling over something, or at the very least complain and react emotionally, whereas I am aware I am not interested in doing that as it is doesn't feel natural to at this point on my journey.

This isn't to say I don't have empathy or feel sadness by the way. My heart goes out to hearing destructive events in the news etc.
I not sure how much you know about astrology but my moon is in cancer, it can be a roller coaster ride of emotions​. BUT! It's all inside. The funny thing is most of the people I know are outwardly emotional so it makes it very hard to express things emotionally. But someone has to be the glue. Anyway writing in these forum really helps, attempting to help others is a good outlet for me and keeping busy really helps too. Some of the threds I read help me turn it into something productive
Old 23-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
You know, I've never really asked myself that - it's never crossed my mind! I'm very unaware of what I actually do, aren't I?! I'd say it's more geared towards thinking, for sure. Constantly playing witness to my thoughts - as in all the time - and a lot of self-introspection, inquiry etc, questioning why I feel a certain way about things; digging deeper if you will. I've heard of neuroplasticity, but know nothing about it, so I'll take a look at that, cheers. Makes sense.
many people are very unaware of many things so don't chastise yourself. The curious thing is that they are very self-aware of themselves Spiritually but aren't aware of what makes them tick, too many layers to plough through I guess.

Mind-based Spirituality often turns out to be binary thinking and cognitive dissonance, it's 'this' vs 'that' then exclude one because the noggin can't deal with two sets of ripples. Depending on your mind, it can go from one extreme to the other instead of finding some Middle Way that's sometimes described in far eastern philosophies. But sometimes you just gotta feel and let the energies flow their way.

Quote:
Yes, this makes total sense, and with the constant observation of thoughts/reasoning then this adds weight to what you're saying.
Everything makes sense if you think about it the right way.

Quote:
Completely understand and agree
A very wise man once said to me, "Take what resonates with you as your truth, leave the rest behind because it is not for you."

Quote:
I'd say I'm fairly intuitive, yet I almost go through this whole spiritual journey blindfolded it seems, not putting labels on what is is I'm practicing or learning really. You've provided some great information so I'll have a look into it, thank you
You're putting labels on your Journey by calling it 'Spiritual', is it your Journey or not? Back the beginning; what is Spirituality to you personally and when you answer, what are the reasons (not why) that is? When you let go of being Spiritual you become Spiritual. it's like taking your nose out of a book and looking around you.

Everybody goes through the Spiritual Journey blindfolded because nothing is ever as it seems. Everybody looks at the 'Spiritual Journey' bit and doesn't even think of the real Journey. It's a Journey to Self, and that makes it the greatest you'll ever be on. Even when you understand that you understand that there is yet more.

You're most welcome, it was my pleasure.