Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-03-2012, 03:43 AM
xebiche

For the same reason there are so many different languages to communicate.
Old 20-03-2012, 08:11 AM
res

Spot on I suppose the difference is that religion claims theirs to be the one true way and to follow them. I have some of them knocking on my door telling me to follow their way to the truth, others are just researching the truth for themselves.
Old 20-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by res
...difference is that religion claims theirs to be the one true way and to follow them...

the people who fabricate the rules of the "religions" make the claims that the religion they fabricate is the only way. it is people who made and make the divisions among people

mj
Old 20-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
"Question everything and when you are certain you have found all the answers--ask again!" the Dalai Lama
Blessed be...
I can not relate more to that then I already do. This is so true in my life.
Ask always and question always no matter what...
I personally can not get enough answers.

I can express my opinions and experiences and I want them questioned.
If no-one does - I do that myself.
Old 21-03-2012, 03:20 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Ambermay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
I can not relate more to that then I already do. This is so true in my life.
Ask always and question always no matter what...
I personally can not get enough answers.

I can express my opinions and experiences and I want them questioned.
If no-one does - I do that myself.

And (as long as you do) you will always be guided to everything you need.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 21-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
Why do you think?

I think that the truth is very personal and can not be adopted by all in the same way. (Well sounds a bit like Scientology, but no, I'm far from that.)

All religions were based on some knowledge from before.
Is it true? I tend to think so. Most recent ones display dogmas which are borrowed from one or more than one religion of old.

Even well known and long standing organized religions are based on something people believed in very long time ago.
No matter how they were created by men and for which purpose, I think that there is certain truths can be found in all of them and some great errors can be found too.

I love a lot of different teachings from different dogmas, especially the ones where I can find common grounds between them.

I believe that all of us as humans like to create, or maybe not just like, but it is more like a need of our nature. Then we like to organize to be more content with what we created.

All that I think is done to find the truth about live and death, existence of everything and anything.

I too created my own set of beliefs and organized it for myself (not religion, because I don't believe in converting others to what I believe personally).
Instead I'm open and would love to hear what others believe and how, because I strongly believe that every single person has some truths within them.
You kinda said it for me, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Master
A basic truth to hang onto is that all the so-called "holy" books were written by men with an agenda.
Old 24-03-2012, 04:28 AM
SoulOfNaa

Because... It's fun. (Well at least to the part of us that is not in density)

If we are spiritual beings having a human experience then this is some sort of playground. There are levels and puzzles to solve as with most games else what is the point - no wants to play an unchallenging game. Only thing, is while you are in the game, you don't know you are in the game (and would never believe anyone who told you that you were in one). In any game worth playing there is no one way to the end of it. And like most good games, you die and select New Game again cause it is so darn addicting and each time you come back you have more experience and can maneuver better. You pick up some tips (Laws of) and can use them to your advantage. You build spiritual practices around what you understand to work and some experiement. Since its like those multi-player multi dimensional games, they stick as religions here and there. We get some help now and then, the Network Admins come in (channeling or mass healers) when we get too crazy and are about to blow up the game for everyone. (I'm a programmer - I can't help it)

In a nutshell, that is kinda how I see it and why, like you, I do my own thing and accept everyone where they are.

I like learning about things and seeing the commonality. Bits and pieces of the same thing presented in a different light. New Ah-Ha's. Sometimes I just giggle like a child at the simplicity of it all. And there is SO much more. The more I know, the more I understand why it is not my job to convince anyone of anything. Many channeled entities have said that everyone is perfect where they are. Good enough for me.

~Soul of Naa
Old 24-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfNaa
... everyone is perfect where they are. Good enough for me.
~Soul of Naa

Yep, good enough for me too.
But for me it was a hard work to find that out, not much fun.
Old 24-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Wisa'ka

It's good there are so many different spiritual paths. Personally I would hate to see all faiths bundled up into some Walmart like affair under the leadership or control of a small group of powerful leaders.