Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 26-08-2015, 03:37 AM
Pathfinder
Helping the world - Any ideas?

Hi. I feel some strongly about how to change how our society works. Like why do we have money? It'd be nice if we can share the planet and live in harmony. Money is a made up thing and we live so horrible because of it. Why is it that a person with a lot of money can have as much as food as he wants, this expensive house while an another person is homeless on the street starving. Why do we have political systems? I don't think they even care, they just do it because they have to or so. One country controls this whole bunch of land which another may have to get desperate or so to steal or fight. It's an invisible division. There has to be a better way. Does anyone have any ideas in like how we like make this better.
Old 26-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Pathfinder
I don't know if I'm indigo, crystal or starchild. It doesn't matter to me, I just want to express this and anyone who resonates or understands.
Old 26-08-2015, 07:43 AM
Ivy

A place to start is to learn to be yourself and reflect upon how you live in this world. It's paradoxical, but changing the society we are a part of begins with looking inward into how and in what way we are a part of this society. When we separate ourselves from it, we point fingers, and in doing so, we have no power to change as we are only trying to change everyone else. When we look inside, we have that power to change the world, one person at a time.
Old 26-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Master
I think you can view society as a separate thing, not in the sense that you are part of it, only in the sense of it not having any unitary existence. Krishnamurti stripped it down to bare bones as said that society is the relationship between people, and I think that's right fundamentally, but a 'person' takes two kinds of form: 1) the individual person and; 2) social person. The individual person is just you a body and mind with distinct features and traits, and the social person is a position in the status quo, like a president or a plumber or a guy on death row. The individual president comes and does a term or two and then he's no longer the president, but the social president is a fixture that the next individual is voted in to fill. When the undertaking is done to change society, we don't actually set about changing individual people - we change the social person - and hopefully in such a way that the social people become increasingly equal. If we want the death penalty out, we don't eradicate individual people who commit murder, we eradicate the social person 'the condemned man', which is simply a re-write in the law. So - to change the social people, we just write new scripts for them, new organisational structures, new job descriptions, new gender roles and so on - which has been demonstrated by the feminist movement re-writing the social script of females, for example.
Old 26-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Ivy

Good point Gem. Society is effectively created by the stories in the public eye. So change the stories and we change society - makes sense.
Old 26-08-2015, 11:45 AM
iamridaali15

agree with gem
Old 26-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Experiencer
Where attention goes, energy flows.

As the saying goes..BE the change you want to see. Live YOUR path the way you think the world should be. It starts with you.

Support what you LOVE and see value in and give no energy to what you dislike or do not support. Words like Fight, Against, War on...etc still give an activity or social condition ENERGY. No matter negatively or positively charged..it's still energy that will make something grow. Energy is energy.

In all things...be, do and support what you want and love.

Nothing will change over night. It's like the hundredth monkey effect. It will take time. But, you can change your life TODAY just by the action in YOUR energy.
Old 26-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Ascender
Political systems are set up to improve a society on how it deals with transport, education, ect. Without one there would be total anarchy or throw back to neolithic times.
Old 26-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana820
Hi. I feel some strongly about how to change how our society works. Like why do we have money? It'd be nice if we can share the planet and live in harmony....There has to be a better way. Does anyone have any ideas in like how we like make this better.

I think Gem and Ivy have both given excellent answers.

My perception is; the state of the world for good or bad is a reflection of our own awareness, ie, our psychology, behaviour and spiritual awareness.

If you want to change the world you have to change yourself. Trying to change the world so that you can find it a better, happier place with less suffering won't work because the badness, the unhappines and the suffering are just your perception.

If you try to change the outside first, you have to change people and most people resist change even when it comes from inside of them. They'll see you as the enemy and become angry and indignant, and that's only the social aspect.

I think this might seem like a boring answer and a tired old philosophy but it worked beautifully for me.

If you want to do something more 'practical,' or if you feel only action outside of yourself will do, then you could start by putting your opinion out there. You might find others agree and want to build alternative social systems with you. I certainly agree that we need (and are certainly collectively clever enough to invent) a money-less, compassionate system where everyone receives the basics of life, and that wouldn't be a bad life goal.

Just don't neglect the work on yourself. I advise you to put that first.

Last edited by Holly : 26-08-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 26-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Pathfinder
Okay, I see and understand. I have been working on myself.