Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 23-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rofot
These questions might help you to know where to begin formulating your own:

What are the behavioral patterns of Indigos?

1) They are born feeling and knowing they are special and should be revered.
2) An indigo knows they belong here as they are and expect you to realize it as well.
3) These children are more confident and have a higher sense of self-worth.
4) Absolute authority, the kind with no choices, negotiation, or input from them does not sit well. The educational system is a good example.
5) Some of the rules we so carefully followed as children seem silly to them and they fight them.
6) Rigid ritualistic systems are considered archaic to an indigo child. They feel everything should be given creative thought.
7) They are insightful and often have a better idea of method then what has been in place for years. This makes them seem like "system busters."
8) Adults often view an indigo as anti-social unless they are with other indigos. Often they feel lost and misunderstood, which causes them to go within.
9) The old control methods like, "Wait till your father gets home," have no affect on these children.
10) The fulfillment of their personal needs is important to them, and they will let you know.

These are the characteristics of an indigo as stated in The Care and Feeding of Your Indigo Child:

• Strong willed
  • Born in 1978 or later
  • Headstrong
  • Creative, with an artistic flair for music, jewelry making, poetry, etc.
  • Prone to addictions
  • An "old soul" as if they’re 13 going on 43
  • Intuitive or psychic, possibly with a history of seeing angels or deceased people
  • An isolationist, either through aggressive acting-out, or through fragile introversion
  • Independent and proud, even if they’re constantly asking you for money
  • Possess a deep desire to help the world in a big way
  • Wavers between low self-esteem and grandiosity
  • Bores easily
  • Has probably been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD
  • Prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares, or difficulty/fear of falling asleep
  • Has a history of depression, or even suicidal thoughts or attempts
  • Looks for real, deep, and lasting friendships
  • Easily bonds with plants or animals.

If you possess 14 or more of these traits you are an indigo. If 11 to 13, you’re probably an indigo in training. If you’re an adult with these traits you could be a "lightworker."

This is from an internet article and is questionable for its accuracy as a secondary source.
Old 23-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Pathfinder

I didn't have my official Indigo Handbook handy so I thought that might be helpful. I have seen the list associated with Lee Carroll and Jan Tober- authors of The Indigo Children. Things like that remind me of why I stopped posting on internet forums because I had a feeling someone would make that comment. It's draining dealing with people, seriously.

If you have an sanctioned list from the Supreme Galactic Council that would be a more official source, I would be sincerely be interested to see it... all kidding aside.

If for no other reason because when I was in Sedona in 1997 and had kirlian photography done of me and the lady scolded me a little that I was predominantly indigo aura... like I was out of balance and had to decrease my indigo quotient and increase the other colors. This was 1 year before the book came out. Now it's in fashion and everyone wants to be an indigo. Same way I am an Aquarius and no one gave a **** until they made a song so now everyone talks about the Age of Aquarius. Just labels.

But yeah, it would be great if they had a test and they could just check my midichlorians.

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
This is from an internet article and is questionable for its accuracy as a secondary source.
Old 23-03-2015, 08:00 PM
curiouschildx

hm... I think that's up to the individual to decide whether or not they want me to share their responses. There's confidentiality between me and everyone who participated, so I wouldn't want to break that!
Old 23-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouschildx
hm... I think that's up to the individual to decide whether or not they want me to share their responses. There's confidentiality between me and everyone who participated, so I wouldn't want to break that!

I know :) I think it's cool, we can share here if we decide to. I might copy-paste some of mine later.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Deactivated Account

These were my answers, if anyone is interested (though I left out a couple of personal things):

1. What is your name? Tell me more about who you are (race, age, ethnicity, religion)
I'm half-British and half-Mexican, raised in England though. I'm 21 years old, born female but consider myself agender + androgynous leaning towards the masculine side a little. I have no religion, I guess you could call me spiritual but I prefer not to call myself spiritual either as it evokes a certain image in people's minds which I prefer not to be judged by.

2. What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about my spiritual journey. That's mostly what my entire life consists of, I haven't yet found anything else as interesting. Though I am an anime fan and try to learn Japanese through it.... I like to explore novel things from other cultures and love anything beautiful or strange. For example, lately I found out about k-pop, which interests me. I also bought lots of Indian clothes once because I thought they looked great. I'd love to travel all around the world, but I have yet to find the money for that.

3. What were you like as a child? Were you a “difficult” or “easy” child?
It's hard for me to say. I was abused growing up, in many different ways. One of those ways was psychological. So that means I was brought up to believe that I was a bad person in general, no matter what I did or how I behaved. Due to all that I was actually a very quiet child who was afraid of stepping out of line, but as I got older things started to change. Though I never outright rebelled, at least in the beginning, I became more stubborn, less concerned with their opinions, and more pro-me. Eventually when I became officially an adult I stopped playing along and started fighting back, which got me out of that situation.

As an extremely young child though before the abuse started, I was told I was very uncontrollable, but also a very happy kid.

By the way, an observation I have noted myself is that Indigo children often grow up in abusive family situations, or have some large trauma happen to them in early or later life. I'll expand more on this in question 6.

4. Where did you first hear about the term indigo children?
It was when I came onto this site. I wrote about a spiritual experience I had and someone told me I was an Indigo because it was abnormal to experience such things at my age.

5. When did you first realize that you were an indigo? How did you feel when you realized that you were an indigo?
It was a few months after I was first told, I think I was told again and decided to look it up. A lot of the traits matched so I think the label stuck ever since. It just felt 'right', I can't explain how. I just knew it was me.

6. Can you tell when you are near other indigos?
Now this is an interesting question. I have four Indigo soulmates who are my best friends and it was very easy to tell that they are Indigos. Though only one is spiritually awake at the moment and neither of them have heard of the term, I guess I immediately 'felt' that we shared the same thing that made us Indigo. It's the same when I meet other Indigos from this site, it's like an Indigo radar I have that goes off haha.

In terms of traits though I have noticed many recurring things. For one Indigos are stubborn. We tend to only listen to our own opinions. Though this might not be noticeable externally, we will be very sure of ourselves and our thoughts. We are very intuitive and very in tune spiritually, even when we're not spiritual awake yet. We seem to have a natural understanding of unconditional love, which externally clashes with our harsh nature, making us appear paradoxical and hence not very well liked by others. We tend to be loners as our thoughts are too bizarre for most people to comprehend, but put two Indigos in a room together and it's like Christmas come early. For the first time someone gets you. We also tend to be quite bad socially, this is accentuated by the amount of time we like to spend inside ourselves... we are not particularly people persons. That also makes us come off as cold and unrefined. But we are very caring deep down and as I said we live with an innate understanding of the truth of unconditional love even before we are awoken to ourselves. We also tend to be very intuitive and analytical, preferring subjects such as philosophy and psychology as we want to crack the secrets to the entire Universe. A well developed and spiritually mature Indigo will have experiential knowledge of why everything is the way it is. There's just a depth of insight and knowledge that is hidden and only exposed to confidants and persons who desire the help.

And in relation to question 3, yes we tend to grow up in bad family situations. I was living with a narcissist for sixteen years, one of my Indigo friends that I mentioned is living with histrionic family member, another grew up neglected, and another two both grew up with psychopathic parents. We have all had major trauma which I see is a recurring theme, and it creates a well of compassion as we are never ones to cave in from what we have experienced but instead learn and grow from it and make the world a better place. Due to the trauma though (which often acts as a spiritual catalyst) we are more opened up to our shadow side and hence along with our innate wisdom will see the light in the dark, where most would only see hopelessness. We are shadow-workers who turn pain into love, though often unconsciously until spiritually awakened. So you will see with many Indigos that they have been on the end of terrible life circumstances, but they will never give up or be defeated. They/we have an incredible strength inside us, which is evident when getting to know us.

7. How have the people around you reacted to you being an indigo? What are their opinions?
I told a family member once, they didn't really think much of it. Part from that I have only discussed it with other Indigos. Funnily enough Indigos are not very fond of labels, like how you saw initially with me refusing to call myself spiritual. So I tend to get the most resistance to the term from Indigos themselves. I don't really think much of it as I know and understand where they're coming from. Labels are things people use to give them a sense of identity and we tend to shove that away, preferring to express ourselves freely without having to conform to any word or opinion. So in the same sense I use the label 'Indigo' very loosely myself.

8. What’s your opinion on the world and mankind?
I do not have an opinion on the world either way. I think the world is the way it is because we as a collective wanted it to be that way. I allow the world to be as it is, though of course I would like to help, I can only do what is allowed me. I can't push for change where it's not desired. So I tend to sit on the sidelines, guiding the people who do decide to do that. Force personally isn't my thing, I prefer to use peaceful means and allow things to happen as they will.

9. Indigos are believed to be non-conformist. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
I both agree and disagree with this statement. I agree because on the outside it looks that way, for many of the reasons I've mentioned above. But in our own minds we are following our hearts and following the flow of the Universe. We are not using our egos or playing the games of the world which is actually against the flow of nature and how the world should be, so in effect we are going along with the right thing that will help all in the larger scheme of things, rather than allowing ourselves to be swept into petty squabbles of the world which are mostly unimportant and irrelevant to the inner spiritual work that actually needs to be done to make any lasting positive change on the planet.

It is really just in the way you perceive it. From our own eyes we don't perceive what we're doing to be against anything. We are just listening to the subtle flow of energies and sailing smoothly down the river instead of fighting upstream like the rest of the crowd which when imagined is pretty outlandish. Fighting upstream is considered normal. We just do things the proper way, even though it looks abnormal to everyone else.

10. Do you consider yourself to be an emotional person?
No, I don't. I've also noticed many Indigos to repress their emotions to extreme levels when unhealthy. We are primarily intuitive and intellectually minded. Emotions along with social niceties aren't always our strongest points.

11. Are you more of an outdoors or indoors person?
I spend a lot of time indoors inside myself but I would love to travel as I stated before. I love nature and wish I could spend more time in it.

12. (You don’t have to answer if you don’t feel comfortable with this question). Have you been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD?
No, I've never seen a medical health professional. I do however have an awful attention span and memory which has been suggested to me a couple of times as being ADD/ADHD (not sure of the difference) but I don't find it a hindrance. It's just one of my quirks.

13. Do you have any words of wisdom you would like to share with me?
Go with the flow, don't fight, do what you believe is right.

I also want to add, which I forgot to mention when I originally wrote this, that Indigos are usually highly clairvoyant and also we tend to disagree a lot with each other, even if we are best buddies. It's that drive to always find the truth, we will never agree or stick to any one idea, always pushing others and ourselves to the ultimate.
Old 24-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Sabrina. I am going to take my leave of this thread now. I can get exasperated by people that have a tenuous grasp of reality with overly regimented perceptions, especially when trying to convince themselves they are 'special', but that's my own issue so it's better just to stick to commenting in my own threads. Good luck with your project though.
Old 24-03-2015, 05:16 PM
curiouschildx

Hi Chris! That's fine, thank you for posting the list of characteristics and behavioral patterns of indigos, any information I can get is greatly appreciated!
Old 24-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Knower

androgynous

[quote=ScarlettHayden]These were my answers, if anyone is interested (though I left out a couple of personal things):

1. What is your name? Tell me more about who you are (race, age, ethnicity, religion)
I'm half-British and half-Mexican, raised in England though. I'm 21 years old, born female but consider myself agender + androgynous leaning towards the masculine side a little. I have no religion, I guess you could call me spiritual but I prefer not to call myself spiritual either as it evokes a certain image in people's minds which I prefer not to be judged by.

interesting! i am very androgynous too.
Old 29-03-2015, 02:05 PM
themechanist1999

hi guys, the only difference between these "special" new age children is that they are either very young souls, or very old ones.
Old 29-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by themechanist1999
they are either very young souls, or very old ones.

Or both at once, depending upon your perspective.