Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 20-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I don't think that those links are accurate interpretations of what effect fruit has on the body. I looked at them but they don't seem to know the actual reality so I wouldn't rely on them for real information. I'm afraid to look at too much of them, but do they talk about the process of diffusion, and if you do find them to be based in reality, what is the summary of each link you provided as you understand it?

It is true that the adverse rhetoric on fructose is valid in context with our high fructose (or high sugar) food environment, and not valid in context with the moderate consumption of fresh fruit. However, it is simply true that excessive to extreme consumption of fresh fruit is high fructose (and high glucose).

Quote:
Fructose as a refined substance and fruit are completely different in the effect they have on the body, and also even the blood sugar. Eating ample fruit can help regulate or lower blood sugar, whereas even vegetables and of course especially starchy foods have troublesome effects on its right?

Most types of fruit contain a fair amount of glucose, so I can't see how consuming 'ample' amounts would lower blood sugar because 'ample' amounts implies a large glycemic load. The main point is, whole fruit is low GI so it doesn't induce rapid, high blood glucose spikes. The opposite is true of fruit juice.

On any practical level, consuming moderate amounts of whole fruit as part of a well rounded diet obviously better than consuming 'ample' juice or refined glucose and/or fructose food sources (I merely state the obvious).

Quote:
On the surface it seems that fructose has a much lower the only marker or indicator of health, but it is definitely worth noting that consuming raw whole fresh fruit even with its crazy 'sugar content' does not harass blood sugar levels and instead can have a very positive impact on balancing them properly. I hope you're not actually comparing fruit fructose to other mutated sources though

I'm saying the 'fructose panic' is valid in our high fructose food environment, but not in the context of consuming moderate quantities of fruit as part of a well rounded whole food diet.

Fruit is not 'crazy high' in carbs. For example 100g of apple has about 14g whereas 100g of rice has twice the amount. Even ripe banana, which is the highest carb fruit I know of, of has lower carbs than rice, bread, pasta or potato. Whole fruit also delivers both fructose and glucose in a low GI form, which is a better carb intake than glucose on its own from starch (or refined sugar, of course). Then there is the additional benefit of all the micronutrients, antioxidants and trace minerals - making whole fruit a very attractive and probably superior source of carbohydrates!

However, there are nutrients which fruit does not contain in sufficient quantities, and because diet is worked out by firstly establishing a calorie balance, the macronutrients which make up calories form the basis of any healthy eating plan. This means reasonably distributing calories between carbs, protein and fat. I know you keep saying the body doesn't want protein, but the truth is, protein is essential to any human diet, and a person needs enough of it to maintain the muscle mass needed to function with a reasonable degree of ability, strength and endurance. The issue here is, veg protein food is also starchy, so an irrational preferences for monosaccharides (fructose even more particularly), and aversions to complex carbs, and therefore sourcing your entire carb intake from whole fruit and low carb veges, effectively makes adequate protein intake difficult for vegans. Needless to say a high fruit diet is a low fat diet, entirely void of some essential fatty acids which need to be obtained from nuts/seed, which again, are starchy with a fair protein content.

Any vegan who eats a well rounded diet including as much variety as possible from all of the fruit, vegetable, nuts/seed sub categories will almost certainly consume adequate protein to preserve reasonable muscle mass and other tissue restorative function, and adequate fat including the essential fatty acids. The carbs that they need to complete their calorie balance will basically take care of itself because carbs are in vegan protein and fat food sources. Additional carbs needed to complete the calorie balance could, or even should, be sourced from sweet fruits. Thus, achieving a reasonable macronutrient balance, especially on a vegan diet, necessarily moderates fruit consumption.

What I just outlined has established near complete vegan nutrition. A b12 supplement is added pronto because it can't be obtained from vegetable sources, and this being established reasonably well, maybe a couple of extra supplements could optimise nutrition depending on individuals' convenience and necessity.

As you can see by what I outlined here in term of necessary nutrients and optimal nutrition, the more inclusive a diet is, the more variety a diet has, the easier complete healthy nutrition becomes. Conversely, the more restrictions one places on their diet, the more difficult complete nutrition becomes. There comes a point where too many dietary restrictions make complete healthy nutrition exceedingly difficult and practically impossible, and although such excessive restrictions are obviously impelled by the best interest of good health, the extremity only ends up being counterproductive to that end.
Old 27-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Master
I think the fact that people reverse very serious disorders and diseases by eating primarily or even solely fruit, (usually with the addition of herbs in cases of Robert Morse's "patients" or whatever you want to call the people who have been healed with his help) proves that at the end of the day there is fallacy involved with all of the calorie and cookie cutter counting that you so strongly adhere to.

Calories are a simple fact of life and food. But the quality of the calorie and product it comes from is far more important than the quantity. Nobody nor me is saying that one should not eat a bunch of calories in a day. What I am saying is that calories and even vitamin and mineral counting is secondary when it comes to picking out which foods are going to actually nourish and nurture and regenerate the body the best. If you were willing to explore the reality of a variety of foods with me one by one, then we could see how the scales tip and see how beneficial eating one thing in whichever way really is. If consuming something creates an excess of toxicity which inhibits or prohibits the body from doing the ordinary necessary things it is supposed to do, then thus we can conclude consuming that food is not ideal and may be more detrimental than beneficial. We can weigh each food this way and come to reasonable conclusions about what foods are really worth putting into the body, if we take a realistic look at what they do while in the body and what they cause the body to do in reaction.

What happens to the body when a given food is consumed is more important than the wrapping paper a food seems to be encased in. If your method were actually logical, then we would be looking at the human body and other inane things to see how nutritious and how many calories they have and how awesome they'd be to be eaten. But what would eating human flesh or organs really result in? Pick another example if you're not a fan of the human model. How about magnesium, I read that asbestos is a good source of it. But just because it contains magnesium, should we really be consuming it just because of that? What else does it do to the body upon consumption? We must consider the same for any thing we put into our body for fuel or minerals or vitamins or calories, etc.. Right?

Because of that irrationality in your argument in favor of only considering things at face value, much of it is automatically null.. We have to dig deeper and really understand the cause and effect of consumption and selection of what's going to be the best food, and what ends up being more poison than potion.

Also wasn't it you that asked for vegan b12 sources and you were pleased to see a study showing that purple nori was a viable vegan source of bioavailable b12? So I wonder why you are bringing up b12 again in that way.. You may remember that the study looked at other vegan b12 options and found presence of some other choices with it, but not enough to be reasonable sole sources, however there are still vegan options even besides purple nori. But there is other information to consider, which is that b12 is involved with a combination of bacteria and cobalt mineral, and that it also can be produced by the human body. Cobalt and the bacteria necessary to make b12 are potentially floating freely in the environment, which is not to say that everyone will be lucky enough to "catch" them together at the right time to effectively make b12, but it is a possibility. And more important than that, is how efficiently the body can use such nutrients if it gets them or makes them. If something is in the way of the body working as it should, which is a too common result and issue with commonly accepted foods, then it matters little how much of a nutrient your body gets, if it can't use it or create properly with it. I think it would be cool if you researched deeper into the interesting information available about b12 and humans that is out there. I know there is a lot of misleading mayhem masquerading as facts, but while it might be challenging to find the actual truth, I can say with relative certainty that you cannot find it cozily snuggled within the mainstream teachings.
Old 27-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
I think the fact that people reverse very serious disorders and diseases by eating primarily or even solely fruit, (usually with the addition of herbs in cases of Robert Morse's "patients" or whatever you want to call the people who have been healed with his help) proves that at the end of the day there is fallacy involved with all of the calorie and cookie cutter counting that you so strongly adhere to.

He is deceptive, so I don't trust him, but there is a lot to be said for making fruit an integral part of a complete whole food diet.

Quote:
Calories are a simple fact of life and food. But the quality of the calorie and product it comes from is far more important than the quantity.

Calories are the foundation for any diet because calories are just energy. Calories come from protein, carbs and fat. These three nutrients can be distributed in different ways to make up an individual's calorie needs. Some protein amino acids and some fats are essential and have to come from food. It is best to get this nutrient balance from fresh whole food.

Quote:
Nobody nor me is saying that one should not eat a bunch of calories in a day. What I am saying is that calories and even vitamin and mineral counting is secondary when it comes to picking out which foods are going to actually nourish and nurture and regenerate the body the best. If you were willing to explore the reality of a variety of foods with me one by one, then we could see how the scales tip and see how beneficial eating one thing in whichever way really is. If consuming something creates an excess of toxicity which inhibits or prohibits the body from doing the ordinary necessary things it is supposed to do, then thus we can conclude consuming that food is not ideal and may be more detrimental than beneficial. We can weigh each food this way and come to reasonable conclusions about what foods are really worth putting into the body, if we take a realistic look at what they do while in the body and what they cause the body to do in reaction.

I don't know enough about molecular metabolism to go into that sort of intricate detail.

Quote:
What happens to the body when a given food is consumed is more important than the wrapping paper a food seems to be encased in. If your method were actually logical, then we would be looking at the human body and other inane things to see how nutritious and how many calories they have and how awesome they'd be to be eaten. But what would eating human flesh or organs really result in? flesh or meat Pick another example if you're not a fan of the human model. How about magnesium, I read that asbestos is a good source of it. But just because it contains magnesium, should we really be consuming it just because of that? What else does it do to the body upon consumption? We must consider the same for any thing we put into our body for fuel or minerals or vitamins or calories, etc.. Right?

You are not even talking about food.

Quote:
Because of that irrationality in your argument in favor of only considering things at face value, much of it is automatically null.. We have to dig deeper and really understand the cause and effect of consumption and selection of what's going to be the best food, and what ends up being more poison than potion.

Also wasn't it you that asked for vegan b12 sources and you were pleased to see a study showing that purple nori was a viable vegan source of bioavailable b12?

https://veganhealth.org/vitamin-b12/

Quote:
So I wonder why you are bringing up b12 again in that way.. You may remember that the study looked at other vegan b12 options and found presence of some other choices with it, but not enough to be reasonable sole sources, however there are still vegan options even besides purple nori. But there is other information to consider, which is that b12 is involved with a combination of bacteria and cobalt mineral, and that it also can be produced by the human body. Cobalt and the bacteria necessary to make b12 are potentially floating freely in the environment, which is not to say that everyone will be lucky enough to "catch" them together at the right time to effectively make b12, but it is a possibility. And more important than that, is how efficiently the body can use such nutrients if it gets them or makes them. If something is in the way of the body working as it should, which is a too common result and issue with commonly accepted foods, then it matters little how much of a nutrient your body gets, if it can't use it or create properly with it. I think it would be cool if you researched deeper into the interesting information available about b12 and humans that is out there. I know there is a lot of misleading mayhem masquerading as facts, but while it might be challenging to find the actual truth, I can say with relative certainty that you cannot find it cozily snuggled within the mainstream teachings.

I'm not a person who tells anyone what to eat. I don't tell people to go vegan or vegetarian or eat meat. I listen to people and talk about food in a way an individual can improve their nutrition in way that is doable and that they can sustain for the rest of their lives. Sometimes that is less than optimal, but there is no point trying to insist people do what they can't do or are not prepared to do.

If a person says they are not prepared to give up their favorite pepperoni pizza, I can say that food has some adverse health concerns compared to other healthier alternatives, but it's their life and they choose, for better or for worse, they are the boss of themselves.

In your case, I would continue talking about the macronutrients because you have an irrational aversion to protein and will actively avoid it, and that's up to you, but from my perspective there's no point discussing micros or the positives and negatives of any particular food until you can say which food types you will eat to get your balance of macro-nutrients.
Old 27-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Master
Dr Robert Morse is not deceptive, and it's by the grace of God that he doesn't fit into your standard definition and schooling of "doctor" but if you look up the definition of doctor he is a true healing doctor, unlike most of those who get ridiculous degrees from brainwashing schools that the mainstream accepts as worthy of the modern title. In actuality you, nor the mainstream gets to decide the reality of the title doctor or the abbreviation Dr. At one point I'm sure it meant one who prescribes mercury as medicine (which is actually still present in some "medicine" today so really I doubt you or the authorities you consider in charge are actually worth looking to for the current definition, unless you want to be realistic and admit that most of those decorated with the title of doctor today are involved in directly and inadvertently due to their teachings, harming and even killing people.

So no sorry Dr. Morse does not fit your status quo of doctoring.. He actually understands the human body (and spirit) and how to heal it, and does that. And he has spent decades learning and attending schools in one way or another throughout the scores he's been increasing his knowledge and enlightenment. I'm afraid that you just parrot information you've been taught from the mainstream and perhaps may not understand how much Mr. Morse does share of the amazing truth. So maybe because he doesn't fit your mainstream definitions of how humans should heal or earn their titles.

It's my understanding that a doctor should know useful information about the human body and being, and advise people how to heal it and abstain from harming it. He does that and has the patients and success stories to prove it. He shares information (if you listen) that is integral to understanding how the body functions and what's in our power to change to regulate and regenerate it. He shares some amazing information, which you will not find in the mainstream maelstrom of misinformation so he might seem deceptive to you, but if you pay attention you will be rewarded and realize the deeper truths. He could be making money from a youtube channel with advertisements and such but instead he has a commercial free channel and has like 500 videos trying to help people, many of them more than an hour long.. why does he do this? Because he cares and feels it is his calling to help people heal and share the things he's been fortunate enough to learn through his many years in the field of healing or doctoring or whatever word is agreeable to you. He has not known everything all along, he's been misled too and wasted time doing things the wrong way, but I think it is clear he is blessed to have discovered and realized what he tries to share now. It makes more sense than any other offerings out there, I promise you that is true if you open your heart, mind, ears and eyes you will see. He is just a humble spiritual guy who is passionate about the chemistry and facts about humans and what we consume. If he's ever deceptive it's by accident, but it's not likely because he's just here to genuinely help people. and he sells herbs because he's found the importance of getting quality ones and also ended up being able to produce extracts/tinctures/concentrates/whatever which may be hard to obtain elsewhere at the same caliber and price. He recommends people take herbs and it's easiest for him to mention his own, but he emphasizes to anyone the most important thing is to start eating fresh fruit even if you can't afford to get herbs. I've never gotten his especially cuz I'm not making my own income at this time; I get ounce size sample bags from a local health store here that my fiance is willing to get me cuz an ounce of most herbs is just a couple dollars or less.. but really that price is twice how much the herbs cost if you get them in bulk pound by the same company, and likely Dr. Morse's versions are an even better deal considering what all goes into one of the products. anyways I'm not gonna ask my fiance to get them for me but I hope to get them for myself some day because Dr Morse is a smart and considerate guy that probably has some awesome sources of herbs and has some of the best processing equipment to create his formulas. As I probably said before, if I was a doctor or whatever healing professional, I would want to have my own line of offerings because why refer people to someone else when I could have the potential of finding even better versions and making my own trustworthy formulas I'd feel more comfortable standing behind and recommending to people?

Anyways your criticism of Robert Morse is unfounded and misguided due to the information you've swallowed from the mainstream, I am sorry to say but it is true. You've got to be open to learning better and understanding more at a deeper level. Just like we are spiritual beings in a physical body with a mental self and so on, what we consume is more complex than just silly blanket things like calories and macronutrients
Old 28-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Dr Robert Morse is not deceptive, and it's by the grace of God that he doesn't fit into your standard definition and schooling of "doctor" but if you look up the definition of doctor he is a true healing doctor, unlike most of those who get ridiculous degrees from brainwashing schools that the mainstream accepts as worthy of the modern title. In actuality you, nor the mainstream gets to decide the reality of the title doctor or the abbreviation Dr. At one point I'm sure it meant one who prescribes mercury as medicine (which is actually still present in some "medicine" today so really I doubt you or the authorities you consider in charge are actually worth looking to for the current definition, unless you want to be realistic and admit that most of those decorated with the title of doctor today are involved in directly and inadvertently due to their teachings, harming and even killing people.

He calls himself a doctor when he is NOT a doctor. He claims to heal anything from HIV to cancer, and that is very unethical preying on desperate people. He puts people on fruit and sells them thousands of dollars worth of detox kits, supplements and 'heal all' tea. It's untrustworthy.

Quote:
So no sorry Dr. Morse does not fit your status quo of doctoring.. He actually understands the human body (and spirit) and how to heal it, and does that. And he has spent decades learning and attending schools in one way or another throughout the scores he's been increasing his knowledge and enlightenment. I'm afraid that you just parrot information you've been taught from the mainstream and perhaps may not understand how much Mr. Morse does share of the amazing truth. So maybe because he doesn't fit your mainstream definitions of how humans should heal or earn their titles.

It's my understanding that a doctor should know useful information about the human body and being, and advise people how to heal it and abstain from harming it. He does that and has the patients and success stories to prove it. He shares information (if you listen) that is integral to understanding how the body functions and what's in our power to change to regulate and regenerate it. He shares some amazing information, which you will not find in the mainstream maelstrom of misinformation so he might seem deceptive to you,

He just up and gave himself the title of 'Dr.'. That is lying. Now you're tying to convince me that's OK...

Quote:
but if you pay attention you will be rewarded and realize the deeper truths. He could be making money from a youtube channel with advertisements and such but instead he has a commercial free channel and has like 500 videos trying to help people, many of them more than an hour long.. why does he do this?

He ropes in desperate and ill people and sells then thousands of dollars worth of supplements.

Quote:
Because he cares and feels it is his calling to help people heal and share the things he's been fortunate enough to learn through his many years in the field of healing or doctoring or whatever word is agreeable to you. He has not known everything all along, he's been misled too and wasted time doing things the wrong way, but I think it is clear he is blessed to have discovered and realized what he tries to share now. It makes more sense than any other offerings out there, I promise you that is true if you open your heart, mind, ears and eyes you will see. He is just a humble spiritual guy who is passionate about the chemistry and facts about humans and what we consume.

He isn't honest, so I keep clear.

Quote:
If he's ever deceptive it's by accident.

Intentional: He know he calls himself a doctor and he knows he is not a doctor and he knows when people see 'Dr' before his name they will assume he is a doctor. He says he can cure near enough anything with fruit and supplements and he knows that he can't.

Quote:
but it's not likely because he's just here to genuinely help people. and he sells herbs because he's found the importance of getting quality ones and also ended up being able to produce extracts/tinctures/concentrates/whatever which may be hard to obtain elsewhere at the same caliber and price. He recommends people take herbs and it's easiest for him to mention his own, but he emphasizes to anyone the most important thing is to start eating fresh fruit even if you can't afford to get herb.

I've never gotten his especially cuz I'm not making my own income at this time; I get ounce size sample bags from a local health store here that my fiance is willing to get me cuz an ounce of most herbs is just a couple dollars or less.. but really that price is twice how much the herbs cost if you get them in bulk pound by the same company, and likely Dr. Morse's versions are an even better deal considering what all goes into one of the products. anyways I'm not gonna ask my fiance to get them for me but I hope to get them for myself some day because Dr Morse is a smart and considerate guy that probably has some awesome sources of herbs and has some of the best processing equipment to create his formulas. As I probably said before, if I was a doctor or whatever healing professional, I would want to have my own line of offerings because why refer people to someone else when I could have the potential of finding even better versions and making my own trustworthy formulas I'd feel more comfortable standing behind and recommending to people?

You need to get you food nutrition sorted out before you think about supplements. Then you might need 3 at the most because you get all you need from food

Quote:
Anyways your criticism of Robert Morse is unfounded and misguided due to the information you've swallowed from the mainstream,

It's due to him lying about being a doctor.

Quote:
I am sorry to say but it is true. You've got to be open to learning better and understanding more at a deeper level. Just like we are spiritual beings in a physical body with a mental self and so on, what we consume is more complex than just silly blanket things like calories and macronutrients

Marconutrients are the foundation of any diet is built on because they make up the energy we get from food.
Old 28-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
doctor noun
doc·​tor | \ ˈdäk-tər \
1a Christianity : an eminent theologian declared a sound expounder of doctrine by the Roman Catholic Church
— called also doctor of the church

b : a learned or authoritative teacher
c : a person who has earned one of the highest academic degrees (such as a PhD) conferred by a university
d : a person awarded an honorary doctorate (such as an LLD or Litt D) by a college or university
2a : a person skilled or specializing in healing arts
especially : one (such as a physician, dentist, or veterinarian) who holds an advanced degree and is licensed to practice
b : MEDICINE MAN
3a : material added (as to food) to produce a desired effect
b : a blade (as of metal) for spreading a coating or scraping a surface
4 : a person who restores, repairs, or fine-tunes things

Dr Morse fits at least one of these definitions of doctor, and most of those who you "respect" and "believe" to be doctors only qualify as doctors by title because of college degrees where they were brainwashed and not taught how to actually help heal people successfully. I am sorry that Dr Morse actually does heal almost everyone that comes to him who's willing to accept and apply the truth of how humans are supposed to consume . I'm sorry that that definition of doctor is fake to you or dishonest in your eyes. perhaps you should get your eyes checked with Iridology, which Dr Morse is also adept in.

macronutrients may make up the "cosmetic" energy we get from food, but how much real energy a food imparts or how energizing something is to the body has almost nothing to do with its macronutrient distribution! foods high in complex carbohydrates or protein or certain kinds of fats make us notably sluggish, not energized so that tells you something right there. right? how much "energy" are they really giving? and how much energy are they actually taking from the body with their exhausting digestive process requirements.. and the taxing toxins they tend to leave in the body that also rob us of energy at the end of the day
Old 30-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Dr Morse fits at least one of these definitions of doctor, and most of those who you "respect" and "believe" to be doctors only qualify as doctors by title because of college degrees where they were brainwashed and not taught how to actually help heal people successfully. I am sorry that Dr Morse actually does heal almost everyone that comes to him who's willing to accept and apply the truth of how humans are supposed to consume . I'm sorry that that definition of doctor is fake to you or dishonest in your eyes. perhaps you should get your eyes checked with Iridology, which Dr Morse is also adept in.

macronutrients may make up the "cosmetic" energy we get from food, but how much real energy a food imparts or how energizing something is to the body has almost nothing to do with its macronutrient distribution! foods high in complex carbohydrates or protein or certain kinds of fats make us notably sluggish, not energized so that tells you something right there. right? how much "energy" are they really giving? and how much energy are they actually taking from the body with their exhausting digestive process requirements.. and the taxing toxins they tend to leave in the body that also rob us of energy at the end of the day

When people see the tag 'Dr.' they assume the bearer is a medical doctor or a PhD and has the qualifications and experience in those fields. If a person is not so qualified or experienced they should not mislead people into believing they are.

A person who intervenes in medical conditions should be a medical doctor or dietitian who specialises in dietary interventions, such as the doctors I have linked to in this thread. These individuals have incredible success for the patients, their dietary recommendations are also sustainable life long. They do not claim to heal any nature of disease probaby because they understand that healing is multidimensional, there are only statistical outcomes, and the degree of healing in different individuals ranges from significant to miniscule - though miniscule biological improvements can result in significant positive results to a person's quality of life and longevity.

There is no way of justifying the dishonesty that Morse perpetrates. He need not use the 'Dr' tag and he is fully aware that people are misled by it. He also knows that after people have drunk the kool aid they will defend the lie with him.

It is highly unethical of him to falsely represent himself, to make the false promises of healing everything and anything, and everyone knows it, so all I can suggest is you look into the information of people with higher integrity, because Morse isn't actually doing anything astoundingly remarkable - he just lies about it. There are many professional people who have high rates of success in the prevention and reversal of chronic health conditions through dietary interventions and honestly disclose their results.
Old 30-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:

Almost all of the energy is in the macronutrients. This is simply true, and if a person goes into a caloric deficit (which we manage by altering macr consumption macronutrients) they lose weight. If they consume a caloric excess that gain weight.

This energy balance is the basis of all diets. People who want lose weight must enter a calorie deficit and people who want to gain must enter an excess. In my sport of powerlifting we maniage this carefully, because to gain muscle (which is also weight gain) it is necessary to up macro consumption. I personally manage this so I gain weight as exactly 1-2 pounds per month, as do my peers. With that muscle gain there is also fat gain, and when the body fat % gets up around 18% or 20%, I have to reduce macro consumption, which is enter a calorie deficit, and I manage the lose weight in such a way that I burn off the fat without losing muscle gains. All the strength athletes do this, and it works for every single one of them, so there no doubt whatsoever that macronutrients make the calories which is energy.

This is why calories and the implied macronutrient distribution is the bedrock of diet. This does not mean you will feel more energetic because macros alone are not the complete nutrition the body needs. We need micronutrients as well. To feel vitality and maintain a high level of performance one needs a well rounded diet with a complete nutrient profile.

It's just that getting enough calories and a reasonable distribution of macros is the foundation that a well rounded diet is built on.

In the industry we have a food pyramid, which does not lok like the normal food pyramid. Here is an example.

The Pyramids: Understanding Priorities
https://musingsandcoffee.files.wordp...pg?w=300&h=300

This is the system: 1) work out caloric need (energy balance); 2) Distribute the macros that make up the calorie intake; 3) Ensure micronutrient profile is complete 4) set meal times to disrtibute the nutrients across the day and; 5) Consider supplements to optimise the real food diet

This is how we manage body weight in a very accurate way and optimise the vitality and performance of human beings. There are literally thousands of ways of putting food together according to the pyramid and we do that according to the requirements and preferences of any individual. This is why I don;t tell anyone what to eat, because they can get great nutrition in the way that suits them best.

If people are ill and seek dietary intervention, they need specialised care, and in that specialist field there are different interventions that best suit different conditions. Veganism has shown really remarkable results, and the research on fasting is very promising. There are also many, many quacks waddling around, so what I do is check their backgrounds to make sure they are well qualified, and then I visit their websites to see if they sell supplements, detox kits etc. If I find they are not really qualified or they profit from bogus supplements, I do NOT waste time with their nonsense.

I filter out the dishonest snake oil salesmen and that is why my information is good, and I sincerely hope that you and other readers are positively benefited by my influence. I have been positively influenced by your influence, and the influence of other members here such as Deborah and Altair. Because of you I started eating more raw food, lots of vibrant colourful salads and fruit, and I have started to add more vege protein to replace animal protein as well, and I should thank you and the others for being positive influences on my life.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Almost all of the energy is in the macronutrients. This is simply true, and if a person goes into a caloric deficit (which we manage by altering macr consumption macronutrients) they lose weight. If they consume a caloric excess that gain weight.

This energy balance is the basis of all diets. People who want lose weight must enter a calorie deficit and people who want to gain must enter an excess. In my sport of powerlifting we maniage this carefully, because to gain muscle (which is also weight gain) it is necessary to up macro consumption. I personally manage this so I gain weight as exactly 1-2 pounds per month, as do my peers. With that muscle gain there is also fat gain, and when the body fat % gets up around 18% or 20%, I have to reduce macro consumption, which is enter a calorie deficit, and I manage the lose weight in such a way that I burn off the fat without losing muscle gains. All the strength athletes do this, and it works for every single one of them, so there no doubt whatsoever that macronutrients make the calories which is energy.

This is why calories and the implied macronutrient distribution is the bedrock of diet. This does not mean you will feel more energetic because macros alone are not the complete nutrition the body needs. We need micronutrients as well. To feel vitality and maintain a high level of performance one needs a well rounded diet with a complete nutrient profile.

It's just that getting enough calories and a reasonable distribution of macros is the foundation that a well rounded diet is built on.

In the industry we have a food pyramid, which does not lok like the normal food pyramid. Here is an example.

The Pyramids: Understanding Priorities
https://musingsandcoffee.files.wordp...pg?w=300&h=300

This is the system: 1) work out caloric need (energy balance); 2) Distribute the macros that make up the calorie intake; 3) Ensure micronutrient profile is complete 4) set meal times to disrtibute the nutrients across the day and; 5) Consider supplements to optimise the real food diet

This is how we manage body weight in a very accurate way and optimise the vitality and performance of human beings. There are literally thousands of ways of putting food together according to the pyramid and we do that according to the requirements and preferences of any individual. This is why I don;t tell anyone what to eat, because they can get great nutrition in the way that suits them best.

If people are ill and seek dietary intervention, they need specialised care, and in that specialist field there are different interventions that best suit different conditions. Veganism has shown really remarkable results, and the research on fasting is very promising. There are also many, many quacks waddling around, so what I do is check their backgrounds to make sure they are well qualified, and then I visit their websites to see if they sell supplements, detox kits etc. If I find they are not really qualified or they profit from bogus supplements, I do NOT waste time with their nonsense.

I filter out the dishonest snake oil salesmen and that is why my information is good, and I sincerely hope that you and other readers are positively benefited by my influence. I have been positively influenced by your influence, and the influence of other members here such as Deborah and Altair. Because of you I started eating more raw food, lots of vibrant colourful salads and fruit, and I have started to add more vege protein to replace animal protein as well, and I should thank you and the others for being positive influences on my life.

I am glad that you started eating more fresh food including fruit. and that you have found positive value in some of the things I've said. I think you are a very intelligent person and have a grasp on some worthwhile facts, but I think you are blindly loyal to a mainstream paradigm that isn't true to reality. and I am really aggravated that you keep insulting Dr Morse who you know next to little about. I am disappointed that the fact he has no mainstream degrees convinces you that you can discount him and write off anything he says, when you haven't researched or put much thought into what he says.

He has an understanding of the human body and healing processes (as well as food and even spiritual matters beyond anything related to all this) that I don't think any of your recommended doctors or those you deem as qualified professionals have. He has spent decades learning nonetheless, and I think it's plain to see that his experience outside of the mainstream and lack of acceptance according to their 'standards' is exactly what makes him so profound, practical, and effective. It is true he rambles on in many of his videos, but sometimes it is in those paragraph parameters which seem irrelevant that he reveals the most truth and mind-altering epiphanies if you listen.

His videos are mostly casual Q & A responding to people who write in and he also just talks about what's on his mind, so the flow of them may not be what one expects when playing a youtube video, but I think that anybody who gives him a chance with an open heart, mind, eyes and ears will quickly see the things he's sharing are generally wise and based in knowledge and fact. You can look up anything he says about the human body or food or whatever, and you should be able to find the truth which might've been hidden otherwise. Although some of the things he says might not be searchable by google and you'll need to just use common sense and compare other facts on your own to see the conclusion he's come to. I mean there is not really anyone else I've seen that knows and does what he does, and there are other doctors (who have degrees you'd respect I guess) that I adore and have learned from. but Dr Morse has a team, clinic, and has personally worked with patients for a lot of years and there is no denying the healing and teaching he's done.

If you fail to see the truth of this man and the amazing healing stories some of his patients have shared which I guess I didn't post in this thread but will, then it is only your own closed-offedness and loyalty to something which may not be serving you and those you serve which is in the way and preventing you from benefiting from this person who has a plethora to offer.
https://www.grapegate.com/testimonials/

There are other people online who talk of being helped by him also, or made youtube videos. You can choose to ignore others speaking or what Dr Morse says if you want to, but it doesn't change the fact that he offers the missing puzzle pieces you would be lucky to find and incorporate.. I understand that your clients would not easily accept the truth either though so you have more invested in staying the way you are and not expanding your mind and horizons unfortunately.. Anyways just please stop talking smack about an incredible person you are actually unfamiliar with and are unwilling to familiarize yourself with.
I might reply later about the nutrition and other things you said but I'm hesitant because while you divulge you've been inspired to eat more colorful fresh foods, you're still just doing that because it already follows the belief system you were holding and you've not proved you're willing or wanting to learn anything new or have a paradigm shift.. Openness and willingness to investigate new things is integral to productive discussions and spiritual interactions
Old 05-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Master

I just read an informative article today:

Which countries eat the most meat?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.