Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Experiencer

Going Off the Grid

I've been contemplating lately how to transfer from life as we know it to off the grid. I'm fearful that it's hard to make that transition. Afterall, I'm subject to dependence on the economy and market to eat, clothe, and provide for myself in other ways. I cannot conceive of making a living on my own, since I'm so used to the way we depend on currency. I hear there's communities that live like this. I'm sure they aren't everywhere and plentiful yet though.

Everything we need comes from the Earth (and Sun). It is sufficient in providing what we need as long as we don't mess with it nor take for ourselves out of greed.

Anyways, I wanted to provide a thread for transition support, if there isn't one already. Does anyone know how to transition into a lifestyle independent of money and dependent on Earth/nature?
Old 12-02-2018, 03:06 AM
Suspended
When I was travelling out in the middle of the rainforest I found a community like this, an eco village. They grew there food and were doing permaculture stuff, there was a river near by all there houses, some of the houses were like normal typical type houses while others where tree houses or class rooms turned into houses, containers like the ones you see on cargo ship's, Another one looked like it was made out of mud or clay even, then they had a big building for community gatherings and stuff, I stayed there for two days. The wild life there was awesome, lots of python snakes, snakes, kangaroos, green tree frogs, colourful butterflies, wild turkeys, big spiders, cane toads, massive lizards and stuff.

So yea I've seen how it's set up, or how they had there one set up anyway.

If you wanted to make something like that you could start by getting some land far away in the middle of nowhere kinda, here the more far away you are from the city the cheaper land is. When you have that, there are these really cool houses you can get and they like fold out and they can be put together in a couple hours there called eco houses and you can put them on your land, look that type of stuff up. You can also just be creative and resourceful with stuff too. But I was at a show the other week and they where advertising those type of houses there, I've seen them before though. Another option is you could get a motor home, a big RV type thing, one of those big ones to live in. Or do both, having the land is good though cause you can grow an build your own stuff on it too.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:06 AM
Suspended
Double post
Old 12-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Suspended
[center]
*M.A.DI homes is selling flat-pack homes from just £25,000.
*The tiny homes can be assembled in six to seven hours.
*Each comes complete with kitchen and bathroom facilities, a staircase leading
to a mezzanine living area, central heating, and air conditioning.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Suspended
Heres a cargo ship container made into a house.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Suspended
Theres some awesome Rv's.. and some not as fancy too of course...

Old 13-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Suspended
Or you can do it this way to, haha..

Old 13-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Suspended

Don't go hanging out in caves by the ocean shore tho cause the tide may come in.

Old 14-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Experiencer

At first, I saw from the pictures that this topic was going the wrong way, then I saw the cave and decided maybe not. I think I just want to reconnect and be one with nature very strongly, as many others share the same yearning.

Anyways, I hope someone can speak to how you get this whole thing started, other than buying land. Buying land takes money. And money remains as part of the market. The struggle is in how to transition without using the society's means.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
At first, I saw from the pictures that this topic was going the wrong way, then I saw the cave and decided maybe not. I think I just want to reconnect and be one with nature very strongly, as many others share the same yearning.

Anyways, I hope someone can speak to how you get this whole thing started, other than buying land. Buying land takes money. And money remains as part of the market. The struggle is in how to transition without using the society's means.

I hate to say it but I think you're about 150 years too late to do what you are wanting to do.

I see no way to go off the grid without purchasing land....and not just land but land with resources.....water , game....etc.

150 years ago there was still unclaimed wilderness to be found...these days, every single acre worldwide is owned by somebody.

I suppose you could go out into the wilderness of some national park and live out there till the rangers catch up with you for trespass on public lands.

Do you even know the skills needed to survive this way??? I've done it in a limited short term way and it's a lot harder than you imagine.

My advice....make some money and buy some rural property to enjoy on the weekends.

But it will be expensive.....here in Texas where I'm at, ranch land is running $1500 to $3000 per acre...and that's with no improvements.

I'm glad I bought my place 25 years ago before the prices got crazy......I own 15 sections Southwest of San Antonio and paid $95 an acre back in the 1980's

I couldn't afford what it would cost to buy such a property now.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!