Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 18-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
if you happen to go on a boat on the Sabbath and someone falls overboard you're not allowed to throw a lifesaver to save his/her life for that would be working on the Sabbath

Where did you learn this? Do you know what source? Typically, we are taught that we MUST break the laws of Shabbat in order to save a life.
Old 18-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Another one to consider is from the Tanakh forbidding the speaking of the names of other gods yet when you look at the so called Jewish calendar there you would find names of many gods. In contrast to that those same supposed Jews say that the name YHWH is ineffable and that's just a load of hogwash like the other laws I just mentioned.
" You shall not use the name YHWH in vain" now that does not say "You shall not use my name at all and you are to REPLACE it with other titles".

For the first part, yes there is the month Tammuz. From my understanding there are certain exceptions when it comes to speaking the names of other deities (such as the month of Tammuz). How these exceptions work, I'm not an expert in but if you are interested I can research and get back to you.

As for "The Name", I don't follow what you are saying. We don't currently know the exact pronunciation. However, I will add that you are using English letters and it doesn't quite work as a translation.

"The Name" is the letters: Yud Hey Vav Hey. The actual Hebrew letters used produce a symbolic relationship that isn't the same when you put it into English.

Another note: I've heard some Rabbi's teach that the pronunciation of "The Name" has less to do with the action sound and more to do with the intention. If I remember correctly, in the Temple, when the Jews would hear this Name they would all "fall on their faces".
Old 18-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Seeker

Also to add, when we want to refer to "The Name" (ie. the Tetragammaton) in normal speech we say "HaShem" (it means "The Name") so we are not replacing it, just referring to it.

If you mean replacing HaShem with the Hebrew word Ad-nai (please don't use this in casual speech, that's why I'm not writing it out) then you've got a good question. Why did we substitute this particular name/title. Is that what you are wondering?
Old 14-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkah Esther
For the first part, yes there is the month Tammuz. From my understanding there are certain exceptions when it comes to speaking the names of other deities (such as the month of Tammuz). How these exceptions work, I'm not an expert in but if you are interested I can research and get back to you.

Shalom, Malkah. Tammuz is actually also a common name given to children in Israel (source: The Complete Book of Hebrew Baby Names, by Smadar Shir Sidi), although I've yet to encounter any child named "Tammuz" among New York's Hasidim.

And, speaking of the Hasidim, Rabbi Menachem Posner of Chabad gives an enlightening explanation as to why we continue to this day to use the Babylonian names for the months of our calendar, instead of Hebrew numbers for each month.

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...ish-Months.htm
Old 28-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Where did you learn this? Do you know what source? Typically, we are taught that we MUST break the laws of Shabbat in order to save a life.
Oh I learned it from the god named Deny Deny Deny. Heard of him?
Old 28-03-2018, 07:28 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:

As for "The Name", I don't follow what you are saying. We don't currently know the exact pronunciation. However, I will add that you are using English letters and it doesn't quite work as a translation.

"The Name" is the letters: Yud Hey Vav Hey. The actual Hebrew letters used produce a symbolic relationship that isn't the same when you put it into English.

Another note: I've heard some Rabbi's teach that the pronunciation of "The Name" has less to do with the action sound and more to do with the intention. If I remember correctly, in the Temple, when the Jews would hear this Name they would all "fall on their faces".
Yes I am using Roman letters just like the Roman influence Vav. Thanks for noticing and thanks for spelling the Hebrew letters with the English oops I mean Roman letters. All I caught from the rest of your post is not much to respond to. Oh and lets keep it good with your Babylonian mother by saying Tammuz every time that month comes up. The Tanakh doesn't have that month named but what about the supposed oral Torah that was supposedly given to Moses? Maybe there's another replacement source why its allowed. As for the hearsay well that's all it is. Btw its not forbidden to say the name YaHaWaHa.
Old 28-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephele
Shalom, Malkah. Tammuz is actually also a common name given to children in Israel (source: The Complete Book of Hebrew Baby Names, by Smadar Shir Sidi), although I've yet to encounter any child named "Tammuz" among New York's Hasidim.

And, speaking of the Hasidim, Rabbi Menachem Posner of Chabad gives an enlightening explanation as to why we continue to this day to use the Babylonian names for the months of our calendar, instead of Hebrew numbers for each month.

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...ish-Months.htm
Ain't nothing like having a Babylonian mother to give us Babylonian names of other gods. Speaking of the months when did the biblical Calendar change to the now replacement calendar?
Old 28-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Ain't nothing like having a Babylonian mother to give us Babylonian names of other gods. Speaking of the months when did the biblical Calendar change to the now replacement calendar?

Greetings, Ahiyah. There have been a lot of different calendars over the millennia. Even the ancient Romans (whose calendar is used by Western civilization today) changed their calendar.

I noticed you'd written something about a Jew not being permitted to save a drowning person on the Sabbath. I hope you realize now that this is totally incorrect? The only exception for breaking the Sabbath is when another person's life is in danger. This very basic and imperative Jewish ethic is called pikuakh nefesh. The Sabbath can be broken to save a life, because of the value that Judaism places upon human life. In Judaism, it is believed that when you save one life, it is the same as saving the entire world.
Old 28-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephele
Greetings, Ahiyah. There have been a lot of different calendars over the millennia. Even the ancient Romans (whose calendar is used by Western civilization today) changed their calendar.

I noticed you'd written something about a Jew not being permitted to save a drowning person on the Sabbath. I hope you realize now that this is totally incorrect? The only exception for breaking the Sabbath is when another person's life is in danger. This very basic and imperative Jewish ethic is called pikuakh nefesh. The Sabbath can be broken to save a life, because of the value that Judaism places upon human life. In Judaism, it is believed that when you save one life, it is the same as saving the entire world.

You mean Khazar Judaism? Maybe its Babylonian Judaism. I think it might even be Tammuzian Judaism or even the Abomination that causes Desolation Judaism that in the public eye they speak kind words. I'm wondering which shoe are you commanded by man to put on in the morning?
As for the so called Jewish Calendar who changed it? That's not the only thing that's been replaced, knowing what I am saying?
Old 28-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Knower
You mean Khazar Judaism?

I'm not familiar with any branch of Judaism called Khazar Judaism. However, there is a story that, in the early middle ages, there was a country called Khazaria, and the king of that country invited a representative of each of the monotheistic religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) to tell him about their religion so that he could choose. He chose Judaism and, as a result, Jews were permitted to live peacefully in this kingdom. Unfortunately, this utopian existence didn't last long, as two hundred years later the kingdom was conquered by Russia.

Maybe its Babylonian Judaism. I think it might even be Tammuzian Judaism or even the Abomination that causes Desolation Judaism that in the public eye they speak kind words.

Jews were once exiles in Babylon, but I'm not familiar with any "Tammuzian Judaism" either. And what "Abomination" are you referring to? Could you please provide some sources?

I'm wondering which shoe are you commanded by man to put on in the morning?

Pardon?

As for the so called Jewish Calendar who changed it? That's not the only thing that's been replaced, knowing what I am saying?

The Hebrew calendar has always been a lunar calendar, whereas the calendar that most people on the European and American continents are familiar with is a solar calendar.