Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Administrator
discourse on the fundamental aspects of....
enlightenment

By heart

As you can see or not see as the case may be. there is no content to the above discourse, the very absence of words shows that this discourse has no definable meaning what so ever so it may be argued that it is of no consequence and thus ignored

look a lot closer to the space, it is endowed with infinite possibilities, in it you can place all and everything, it is only limited to what you want it to be, please feel free to place in it what you want

it may be a universal truth that there is nothing and so all ceases to have a meaning or a purpose because it is seen as such, yet the moment you are enlightened by understanding and truth the space in-between things becomes one with all and everything
Old 20-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Guide

Simply WHAT IS absent all illusions ~
Old 21-11-2016, 01:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Is that sarcasm? Cause if it is im curious to what u have to say about it. Enlighten us.
Wow, it is true...sarcasm can be detected online! :)

...but there's also an element of truth in it...what do I say? unfathomable love? boundless joy? endless peace?

It's like being aware of being aware then. You see everything play out before you with a kind of detached ambivalence going 'yeah...that works' and you catch yourself constantly whenever you find yourself getting too involved in it - oops, I didn't mean to tell you to eff off...it just happened...but you live and lean...but when you're enlightened, you do more 'living' and more 'learning' and when the power supply is cut off from the fan, the blades will stop spinning around eventually...eventually...

So, how did I do?
Old 21-11-2016, 01:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Wow, it is true...sarcasm can be detected online! :)

...but there's also an element of truth in it...what do I say? unfathomable love? boundless joy? endless peace?

It's like being aware of being aware then. You see everything play out before you with a kind of detached ambivalence going 'yeah...that works' and you catch yourself constantly whenever you find yourself getting too involved in it - oops, I didn't mean to tell you to eff off...it just happened...
Quote:
but you live and lean...
but when you're enlightened, you do more 'living' and more 'learning' and when the power supply is cut off from the fan, the blades will stop spinning around eventually...eventually...

So, how did I do?

Couldn't help myself. "you live and lean" -Necro Tell the truth did you really live and learn through the effing off..lol.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 21-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Couldn't help myself. "you live and lean" -Necro Tell the truth did you really live and learn through the effing off..lol.
You just don't let it make you angry and get to you anymore. I don't know if my swearing habit will ever go away...but that has nothing to do with 'being enlightened' as much as other people may have different ideas about that...
Old 21-11-2016, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
You just don't let it make you angry and get to you anymore. I don't know if my swearing habit will ever go away...but that has nothing to do with 'being enlightened' as much as other people may have different ideas about that...

This is true. I was having fun with your wording did you notice. LIVE And LEAN.

I kind of look at being enlightened as really only managing to change what needs in your own eyes needs changing for yourself, then settling into being yourself and feeling content and at peace with yourself.

If you cant see or don't see it, then how can you know to be different or want change? I once was blind but now I see where I was blind. So I have been enlightened to accept others in their blindness and ways of being where they cant see or don't even want to change.

I grew up with swearing, it doesn't faze me so much. My teen son often in his anger will say what you say. I am personally responsible for how I feel and don't take his reactions on. Sometimes I do and fail miserably, but I pull my socks up and get on with it again.

When I am more clear I politely ask him to consider his language. He usually does until the next time. Again I don't take it personal, but will address him if I see it is becoming a habit towards me. I can see it is usually at his high stress point. I am aware of him.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 21-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Master
Oh, I see...I made a very rare typo which escaped the editing. I am human after all. lol

Typos with me don't happen much - so I didn't see it, even second time around.

Yes, being enlightened is all about bringing forth that which is within and owning it. Living up to your potential karmically....and we even create words where none exist...karmically...if words don't exist, who cares how they are spelled, right spellchecker?

*excuse me while I have it out with the Firefox spellchecker before going on to fully admit it...

I don't like this 'enlightenment' word...too much stigma attached when one says "I am enlightened" and others say "yeah, right" or "If you believe so, my dear"...meh, I don't care, I'll just say "I am aware" or "I am self-conscious" there's a good one..."self conscious" which can mean more than just being painfully shy...

Shall I put a label on it though? they help to identify things...even what can't be identified, it seems...so all I can do...all I can ever do is say Aum Namah Shivaya.
Old 21-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh, I see...I made a very rare typo which escaped the editing. I am human after all. lol

Typos with me don't happen much - so I didn't see it, even second time around.

Yes, being enlightened is all about bringing forth that which is within and owning it. Living up to your potential karmically....and we even create words where none exist...karmically...if words don't exist, who cares how they are spelled, right spellchecker?

*excuse me while I have it out with the Firefox spellchecker before going on to fully admit it...

I don't like this 'enlightenment' word...too much stigma attached when one says "I am enlightened" and others say "yeah, right" or "If you believe so, my dear"...meh, I don't care, I'll just say "I am aware" or "I am self-conscious" there's a good one..."self conscious" which can mean more than just being painfully shy...

Shall I put a label on it though? they help to identify things...even what can't be identified, it seems...so all I can do...all I can ever do is say Aum Namah Shivaya.

I like what you saying

For me the word enlightenment is often used more when I feel enlightened about something. Like saying. That was enlightening, or I feel more enlightened about that issue, etc etc..

Life goes on. There is always more to reflect upon and notice, not just in our own life experience but the shared one. Most situations or experiences nowdays tend to challenge me to stay centred and grounded in myself. I feel like I accept myself now but the challenge is more, be at peace with yourself and hold your peace with the external world as it is in so many ways of itself. It can bridge a great deal of enlightening awareness in you in how you respond and deal, how grounded you are and cope with life around you.

Old 21-11-2016, 02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA8cxiA4o-A

Adyashanti: 'What is Enlightenment?'
Over an hour.

This should interest some.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Master
Love Adyashanti and his teachings. I look forward to watching that.

Here is a quick ten minute explanation of enlightenment by Bentinho Massaro, quite satisfying and accurate definition I believe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQZL-aH1qo