Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-11-2014, 06:20 PM
yumi14

I've never even blinked an eye on being there for him. Its my nature. I never felt obligation at all. I see a struggling human being and want to help the best way I can.

I do think, as was mentioned above, that he is years into the dark night of the soul. I myself suffered many years from this, so it was easy to recognize. This makes my empathy for him very strong. I want to see him come out of it with clarity that is comfortable for his own soul.

I will continue being there for him. Listening and planting seeds. I think that is all I can do. I wish it to be more, but you are all right....its an individual journey. Only he can be receptive when he is ready. I just pray he doesn't give up on himself.

Thank you all for the insight and everything to take into consideration. It is appreciated :)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Master
Well, it's not quite atheism versus a belief in God but I'm in a relationship with an old friend who is coming to me for what I believe is help but from his end may be something else. It's kinda been going on for years but comes in fits and starts. He is basically very unhappy and depressed but is confirmed by the world by his success and this results in him being incredibly frenetic and energetic... which is weird because it stands out above and beyond any weighing up of material stuff.

So yesterday I kind of told him off. I said do meditation, learn it with a group because this ceaseless fidgeting, which the world might construe as success, is really just ceaseless fidgeting, a totally restless activity trying to shore up the dam against the great ocean of sadness... and it is sad.

And he said 'I have the ten year plan. Now it's all confusion and problems but in ten years I will have what I want...' 'No' I said, 'In ten years it'll just be a deeper hole and you have to do what "YOU" want "NOW"

People become confirmed in their beliefs because the outside world says what they have acheived is measured just by the materiality of it and so these people go around wondering why they aren't happy when everything around them says they should be... and if they just work a little harder, buy a bit more expensively and be seen living this life, at some point, always in the future, it'll somehow turn into happiness... but it never does.

And don't worry, I'm looking to myself as well, as in why is it that I might be asking him into my life. What he is is also in me albeit, hopefully, not in so drastic a measure.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM
yumi14

Mr. Interesting,

Sorry to hear about your friend. The world sadly does measure success in life with materialism and the majority of people sadly fall for this illusion. Happiness can't be found in money or material possessions, because they are not permanent. It may be temporary happiness, but not permanent.

I hope your friend finds his way.

My friend is not materialistic. He sees the futility of it just like I do. He is definitely in the right direction and I do have hope for him to open his eyes, heart and mind more. I think he will be OK once he overcomes the hump.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Clint

Atheism is still a belief. You believe that God Does not exist. Mostly people feel a disgust for behaviours that seem to be in the press of late at the hands of "religious" folks. I would suggest that rather than trying to get your friend to believe in something Like 'God', you spend the same amount of time just listening and being there as a friend and not a salesman.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:58 PM
yumi14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Atheism is still a belief. You believe that God Does not exist. Mostly people feel a disgust for behaviours that seem to be in the press of late at the hands of "religious" folks. I would suggest that rather than trying to get your friend to believe in something Like 'God', you spend the same amount of time just listening and being there as a friend and not a salesman.

My title to the thread was very clear....he wants to find God/spirituality. If he wasn't interested, this thread wouldn't have been created in the first place.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
If Yumi's friendship and humanity mean anything then she is 'obligated' to be there for him.
The same for everyone.
The hardest part about caring is not the times you need to be there for them but the times you need to do nothing. I am not saying which time this is in this situation. 'Always' is not being the best friend. As hard as it may be for you, show respect for their situation AS IT IS.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 AM
I am surrounded by atheists. Ha!
I never try to change them in any way.
I let them know I Practice the Presence (of the Divine)
and may mention it sometimes inadvertently...but in no way
am I trying to influence them.
As long as they are happy... I am happy for them.
Don't try to change me and I will do the same.

If they have problems I may tell them how therapy helped me resolve
childhood traumas that they
seem to be reliving and projecting onto others.

That's about it.
Just sayin'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2014, 02:34 AM
Deactivated Account
I think an atheist would be better of studying a philosophy such as Buddhism, or Taoism.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Master
Treat God like hes a cat he/she becomes a happy puppy but treat God like hes a dog and he/she becomes a cat. What does this mean? And I'm not saying God so much as anything we might think is normally associated with this divine type nature within life... look for it and ask for it, as in calling a dog, and it acts like a cat and ignores you but treat it like a cat, ignore it and just get on with being a nice person having fun and you'll soon find the happy puppy frolicking around you. You'll never find God but God will find you.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The hardest part about caring is not the times you need to be there for them but the times you need to do nothing. I am not saying which time this is in this situation. 'Always' is not being the best friend. As hard as it may be for you, show respect for their situation AS IT IS.

Unless I read it wrong, Yumi's friend is contemplating suicide ....
Doing 'nothing' is not an option if, as I said, her friendship and humanity means anything.

When you're in a 'dark place' the last thing you need is feeling nobody cares.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com