Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Pathfinder
I will thanks Jim ! sorry got no choice of smilies so :-)
Old 16-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
You are definitely walking on the best path, Keiko! Learn more, be optimistic, live the life you are meant to live with your child, and have faith - not blind faith, but realistic faith - that ultimately, our destinies are intended for good, and guided by a God who knows better than we do.

Please keep me in your prayers, as I will keep you in mine.

Jim

Really nice of you to help her out, Jim.

Lora
Old 16-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Really nice of you to help her out, Jim.

Lora

you've played your part too lora thank you
Old 16-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Experiencer

Thanks, Lora.

I'm learning - late in life, but still not TOO late - that helping out is what it's all about.

Jim
Old 16-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Master
Keiko * Left Behind--

We got some mutual admiration society going here! Thanks, Keiko.

Jim--I can relate to the "too late" thing. It's one question I haven't quite answered for myself--why did it take so long to get here? Yeah, I know, right time, right place, etc. It is just something you have to feel on the inside first in order to accept.

Helping is good if it happens. I can't quite make myself set it as a goal. I think doing that sort of ruins the intent somehow.

Keiko's good--I can tell. She's got a lot to offer.

Nice to meet you both.

Lora
Old 16-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Juanita

Wink

Quote:
Ya, exactly! So no one is going to hurt us or cause our death unless is it thoroughly agreed to by all involved. So we can all relax. Don't have to be careless but we can relax!

IsleWalker - Lora
-------------------------

Islewalker, I love your attitude and I agree, but the problem is that we don't remember those well thought out plans that we made....so everything still hits us with shock and surprise......
Old 16-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
-------------------------

Islewalker, I love your attitude and I agree, but the problem is that we don't remember those well thought out plans that we made....so everything still hits us with shock and surprise......

True, Juanita. Very true. I guess we just have to wait until we do sort of remember.

Lora
Old 17-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Experiencer

You're probably right about not making helping others a "goal" Lora. Although I admit I never thought about it that way: it rathers reduces the way we should be living to some sort of score-keeping contest.

I think the problem is that most of us so very much fear death that we completely tune out the subject. We think of it as happening to "other" people, "old" people. Also, we're very caught up in the day-to-day aspects of living - not really a bad thing, it's just that it causes us to lose our perspective on the eternal.

Most of us have to get old, lose loved ones, get sick or injured ourselves, etc., before we start putting life into perspective. The truth is that life's not about now, but about eternity. It's not about us alone, but about others. We grow up intellectually understanding these things, but we have a hard time internalizing them.

At 60, having lost my wife, both parents, all my grandparents, the only aunt / uncle /cousin (all th same family) I was close to, all my other aunts and uncles, so many of my friends and co-workers - and sitting here nursing a broken ankle as I type this - I figure that God ISN'T going to give me any / many more chances to catch on.

And I sure don't want any more!

Jim
Old 17-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
I figure that God ISN'T going to give me any / many more chances to catch on.
And I sure don't want any more!

Amen to that Jim!

I also had to get to the point where I was so sick I didn't/couldn't get up for four years and thought, "My God, is this non-life how I will spend the next 40?". But that desperation led me to projection (AP), which did prove through personal experience that this is not all there is.

I just kept thinking, "Couldn't I have figured this out at 7 when it all started?" [I've since seen there are some things that wouldn't have allowed that too.]

Yes, old age is a b****. Who knew?

But soon your leg will heal...and you have all of us!

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 17-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Amen to that Jim!

I also had to get to the point where I was so sick I didn't/couldn't get up for four years and thought, "My God, is this non-life how I will spend the next 40?". But that desperation led me to projection (AP), which did prove through personal experience that this is not all there is.

I just kept thinking, "Couldn't I have figured this out at 7 when it all started?" [I've since seen there are some things that wouldn't have allowed that too.]

Yes, old age is a b****. Who knew?

But soon your leg will heal...and you have all of us!

IsleWalker - Lora

How well are you getting around now, Lora?

Jim