Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 21-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Ascender
im Kind of going to play devils advocate here. We all have triggers for personal changes sure, and I can say that if I look at me as a late teen... I don’t really recognise her and I certainly wouldn’t make all the choices she did!!! BUT to say I’m better than her, when she is me, is not fully accepting myself. SHE made me who I am now, she messed up and I learned from it, I gained tools and experiences that where needed, pleasant or not! So I can reflect on the trigger that made me REALISE I am better than I thought, the trigger that gave me confidence IN myself and confidence to BE myself... but what really made me a better person was ME, all my mistakes, all my regrets, all my experiences good and bad and then having the ability to look at myself clearly and see myself in a different light.

There are enough people out there willing to judge us! Let’s not judge ourselves too! If you want to be a better person it’s because you ARE a good person, think about it! If you wasn’t a good person then why would you even have the desire to be better?? Dream Jo, I have seen you around, all I have seen you do is accept others, you try to relate to people, you show compassion... for everybody but yourself! I don’t know the types of people around you, sometimes a good heart can attract some of the less desirable individuals who will seek to take advantage of your kind nature, but I’m still guessing the only person who believes your not good enough is you, if others are saying that I would guess they have some very dubious motives for doing so! Think of yourself as a little girl, do you think she would say your not good enough?

We are constantly growing and changing but I think our attitude towards ourselves plays such a huge part, events and people are just catalysts for changes, they can make us more aware, teach us lessons... they can have negative effects too, but they can’t really change WHO we are, our behaviour can change, our thoughts can change, but on the inside we are always our awesome wonderful selves, weather we see it or not.
Old 21-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Dear jo, I do not know you in person, but I think you are a caring, warm-hearted, wonderful individual. You ARE good enough for others, you probably just have no one near you who really understands you and appreciates you.
You are wonderful and just awesome. You deserve to be loved. You should love yourself a bit more. You are far more than just your body, your job, your brain or what others or society make you think you are. You are awesome.

thnx ................

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Master
Life experiences, the live and learn attitude. Also I learned from others mistakes and glories.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Master

Every experience I have been through, good and bad.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Although I'd be the last one on Earth to ever refer to myself as a good person, it was mostly through self-reflection that I came to realise that pretty much everything about myself was toxic and was in need of some change. Religion also played a minor part in it, although I no longer associate myself with religion.
Old 22-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Pathfinder

Reading books has made me more tolerant and "traveled."
Old 30-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Freespirit

Hi this is angelgirl,I am a new member to the forum,and for me,what made me a new person,was just realizing that I just needed to astablished my own path,and by doing that made me a happier person,it helped me too know,not too let annyone tell me what path I must follow,even though I go to a church with an established religion,I my self am not religious,I am just a freespirit,and I am so much happier for that.: :
Old 30-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
My dog made me a better person.
Old 31-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Master

My dark night of the soul experiences. They made me really look at myself.
Old 31-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Master
What she said.

Also, becoming a heart healer and walking the path of the heart-led consciousness. Everything has unfolded from there, the good, the bad, and the ugly but in the end, it's all to the good.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke