Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 19-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Seeker

The Book of Judges. and Gideon the Humanist.

To me the Book of Judges reads like service records.

"Gideon was a judge for so many years, protected the 12 tribes from the Midianites, and left a bunch of children.."

Almost every entry in the book of Judges reads in a similar fashion. Now we obviously can't prove or disprove certain spiritual scenes, such as with Gideon gets a visit from a holy spirit who instructs him and so on. But we can verify that the wars/ battle actually took place.

Point being that if we can appreciate the verifiable history within the book of judges then we really should be celebrating the history of these male and some female Judges. I mean to me the Judges are essentially Jedi. The Last Jedi being Samson the strongest man in the world.

I wonder why there are no movies on these heroes and leaders?

Thoughts?

Are there any Judges that stand out to you in any way?

I am a humanist above all things, and to me the story of the Judge Gideon pleads the case for said philosophy.
This is why Gideon is my preferred moniker. and how I am able to separate his name from "the gideons" and their quest to distribute the good book in hotels nation wide.

Maybe it was God that gave us the gift of the human spirit? Maybe the beauty in humanity is God. Maybe the holy spirit brought us out of the caves?

Anyone have a similar inspirations? Questions or interesting thoughts about the Book of Judges?
Old 19-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon2037
To me the Book of Judges reads like service records.

"Gideon was a judge for so many years, protected the 12 tribes from the Midianites, and left a bunch of children.."

Almost every entry in the book of Judges reads in a similar fashion. Now we obviously can't prove or disprove certain spiritual scenes, such as with Gideon gets a visit from a holy spirit who instructs him and so on. But we can verify that the wars/ battle actually took place.

Point being that if we can appreciate the verifiable history within the book of judges then we really should be celebrating the history of these male and some female Judges. I mean to me the Judges are essentially Jedi. The Last Jedi being Samson the strongest man in the world.

I wonder why there are no movies on these heroes and leaders?

Thoughts?

Are there any Judges that stand out to you in any way?

I am a humanist above all things, and to me the story of the Judge Gideon pleads the case for said philosophy.
This is why Gideon is my preferred moniker. and how I am able to separate his name from "the gideons" and their quest to distribute the good book in hotels nation wide.

Maybe it was God that gave us the gift of the human spirit? Maybe the beauty in humanity is God. Maybe the holy spirit brought us out of the caves?

Anyone have a similar inspirations? Questions or interesting thoughts about the Book of Judges?

Technically Samuel is the last judge of Israel before the kingdom is founded under Saul. There really should be more movies and TV shows about these people on mainstream channels. Ehud's story alone was incredible. It felt like I was reading an synopsis from an Assassin's Creed novel. Samson was a lot more arrogant and bull headed than I was originally taught in church. His last stand against the Philistines was very moving to me also. Delilah is a very interesting case to. She's the only female judge I think? I'm not sure how it was possible for her to be ordained. Perhaps the Hebrews had a rule where only males that were young and able could qualify. Perhaps her relatives were too old and sickly to take the job and therefore the eldest daughter goes in that case?
Old 25-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ng_L3ar
Technically Samuel is the last judge of Israel before the kingdom is founded under Saul. There really should be more movies and TV shows about these people on mainstream channels. Ehud's story alone was incredible. It felt like I was reading an synopsis from an Assassin's Creed novel. Samson was a lot more arrogant and bull headed than I was originally taught in church. His last stand against the Philistines was very moving to me also. Delilah is a very interesting case to. She's the only female judge I think? I'm not sure how it was possible for her to be ordained. Perhaps the Hebrews had a rule where only males that were young and able could qualify. Perhaps her relatives were too old and sickly to take the job and therefore the eldest daughter goes in that case?

Was Delilah a judge? I thought she was the one who robbed him of his strength when she cut his hair. Regardless if she was a judge she wasn't the only female Judge. One of the greatest and earliest was Deborah. She was a great orator, people came from miles around to learn from her.

Speaking of what is taught in church I wonder if you've ever heard of Thecla?