Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 17-04-2017, 01:48 AM
Experiencer

What are the God's and Goddess's?

I was told a long time ago in Indiadivine forums that the God's and Goddess's are not really Gods that they are something else. I was wondering if someone could explain.
Old 19-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
I was told a long time ago in Indiadivine forums that the God's and Goddess's are not really Gods that they are something else. I was wondering if someone could explain.

Schools vary. Personally, I believe God is absolutely real, as are the Gods. There are a lot of different views regarding it. For me, Siva has 3 perfections, and the Gods like Ganesha are individual Beings created by Siva for specific tasks.

So for people who aren't convinced about who to believe, it's hard. I guess a lot of introspection might have you coming to some sort of conclusion. Best wishes.
Old 19-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Knower
Hi Tirislex.

I think that a study of the Tattwas (principles) in hindu cosmology would maybe be enlightening for you.

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Tattva

"
Quote:
5. Satvidya-Tattva: The fifth level is that of Pure, Infinite Action. At this stage, the Divine Power of Action which is the Power whereby God may assume, or manifest Himself as, any form or shape, comes into operation. Up to and including this stage, Creation is Ideal in the sense that it is very much one with the Mind of God just as a thought or idea is one with the mind of the person who conceives it. The Universe at this level is purely Spiritual and is inhabited by Spiritual Beings such as Gods (Angels), Enlightened Yogis (Siddhas), Sages (Rishis) and Saints (Sadhus) who are consciously aware of their Oneness with their Creator. These evolved Souls are beings of great Spiritual power. Although they may assume any form and shape they wish, they have no bodies but may be described as radiant Orbs of Spirit for which reason they are known as Devas or Devatas (Radiant Ones).

There is only ONE principle that takes the form of divisions within Itself.
There is a descending order of Tattwas from the pure ONEness all the way down to the earthly tattwas and the billions of forms in the universe we see here.

The many gods are real in their own reality. And can be communicated with and responding to. But they are some levels down from the pure Consciousness (ONE God) in the highest tattwa.

It's a matter of labels.
The Ishwara tattva - 4th and 5th level is the realm of various Gods.

But the first tattwa the ONE God may also be given a name such as Shiva or Vishnu after choice. Just naming it....
Then on the lower tattwas still shiva may be referred to as the transformer, or Vishnu as the preserver et.c.
It's a bit complicated to expain....

(Since I am not enlightened I can only describe it as good as I am able to with my limited understanding at this point)
Old 19-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Hi Tirislex.

I think that a study of the Tattwas (principles) in hindu cosmology would maybe be enlightening for you.

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Tattva

"

There is only ONE principle that takes the form of divisions within Itself.
There is a descending order of Tattwas from the pure ONEness all the way down to the earthly tattwas and the billions of forms in the universe we see here.

The many gods are real in their own reality. And can be communicated with and responding to. But they are some levels down from the pure Consciousness (ONE God) in the highest tattwa.

It's a matter of labels.
The Ishwara tattva - 4th and 5th level is the realm of various Gods.

But the first tattwa the ONE God may also be given a name such as Shiva or Vishnu after choice. Just naming it....
Then on the lower tattwas still shiva may be referred to as the transformer, or Vishnu as the preserver et.c.
It's a bit complicated to expain....

(Since I am not enlightened I can only describe it as good as I am able to with my limited understanding at this point)

Consciousness is all there is.. it is the manifest and the none manifested.

Shiva is the name given for all of that..

Each of us has the potential to realize that we are one Like Siva.

Divine beings are very advanced beings that have realized that they are one like Siva.. or you could say.. a Buddha..

They are real, one can feel there energy and more... They are here to help us move along the path.
Old 20-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Knower
Absolutely.
Consciousness is all there is.
The Tattwas is a "map" of the lila of consiousness in it's manifestation from the pure shiva consiousness down to the appearant "divisions" that maya is.
The key to this is to consiously step back into the witness, shiva Self and stay there.
Old 17-05-2017, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Namaste.

They are the 'Devas' or the 'Shining Ones' which Christianity loosely translates as 'Angels' and the New Agers like to think of them as blue-skinned aliens from the Pleaides star system.

So, we have the 'Devas' which could mean 'Gods' or anything from nature spirits to Divine Creators (provided they shine from within via their own energy and are not dependent on anything else for that energy).

The leader/boss/big shiny dude of them all is called Mahadeva or 'Great Shiny One' and it is a name that has been synonymous with Lord Shiva throughout the ages...it is the 'form' of Lord Shiva that I pay homage to.

...as well as being Bholenath (simplistic/naïve/innocent) and Asutosha (easily pleased)...Shiva worship isn't rocket science...the only quality required is love.

Om Namah Shivay