Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Neville

Hello 123music,

I am happy to make your acquaintance. I find your questions here to be some that I have asked before, and would share my conclusions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
I agree to your point. But i am thinking why does soul should reincarnate again and again? One complete birth cycle is not sufficient to distinguish and understand?

First Question "But i am thinking why does soul should reincarnate again and again?"

Creation/God needs expression to be what it is, so Creation /God has no choice but to create and it's very green, big on recycling. What i wonder is'''What would your soul do if it could not find a physical host, my guess is it merges with all those other gloun's and quarks just waiting for a higgs boson to come and bind it to mass.

Second question, "One complete birth cycle is not sufficient to distinguish and understand?"

Clearly not.. Have you dodged paying you're taxes? have you climbed a mountain? Do you play the Piano? I don't know ..think of all the things you have not done in this life, because it's for those reasons that you have to keep coming back. Experience for experiences sake. Creation just does, without rhyme or meter. it needs no reason , but it's expression is an imperative of creation. Creation must by dint of being creation create. The ultimate catch 22.

I think we as people do try to attach purpose to it all, but to be honest, I am beginning to think that no purpose is present at all, creation creates because its what it does.
Old 13-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Master
God isn't inside you, you are inside God, there is only God, there is nothing outside of God, God isn't some do gooder, he is the one murdering, the one who is kind, the only difference is the one who does so called evil is ignorant of this truth.
Old 14-10-2012, 05:26 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
I agree to your point. But i am thinking why does soul should reincarnate again and again? One complete birth cycle is not sufficient to distinguish and understand?

I too wish one lifetime was enough!

Actually as we have seen through biology, Evolution is a very very slow process. To reach perfection takes time. In biology we talk about physical evolution only.

In spirituality it is not an evolution of the soul - the soul itself does not evolve because it is PERFECT already; but it is a gradual expression of more and more powers of soul. The power is already present but we need to express/discover it more and more, till ALL the powers are PERFECTLY expressed.

This too is a slow process, because if we were to express all the powers of the soul at once the spiritual energy released would be too immense for most people to handle mentally and they would as a result get destabilized and go insane.

I will give you an example:
We all feel the pain inflicted to our own mind and body very intensely. If let us say, our close friend is undergoing problems in their life, we feel their pain too, but less intensely.

Now imagine that your consciousness expands so much that you come to identify yourself with your friend completely and feel their pain just as intensely as if it were your own. Will we be able to handle it?

Now imagine if the problems of all those around you BECAME your own. Could we handle that?

Not everyone can, for this we also need to develop IMMENSE courage. This was the state that Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and the other prophets and gurus have reached. Their consciousness was so expanded that they felt another persons pain AS IF It were their OWN. But at the SAME time they had iron hearts and immense courage to handle this - a quality not always mentioned.

Expansion of consciousness has its good side and its flip side as well. Therefore for most of us it is a very slow process completed over many lifetimes.

Through yoga and other techniques we can develop our powers and accelerate the process.
But in the absence of that the soul goes through the many many cycles of reincarnation, developing in a slow but stable manner, to discovering its FULL perfection.
Old 14-10-2012, 05:50 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Agreed. But why the choices were made differently..Lets say personality A has chosen good actions and personality B has chosen bad actions. What is the attractive and repulsive force acting on A here towards good and the same for B towards bad?

I am not trying to debate or contradict. But just trying to reach till the roots of this topic.

Hope we get an answer soon///

No worries, questions are IMPORTANT, otherwise we would have no answers in this world!

The difference between person A who is bad and person B who is good is simply the degree to which they have learnt their lesson. It is how quickly we learn our lessons that separates us.

Consider this: We love it when someone gives us a gift. But there is a far greater joy in giving to others.

Person A has not yet discovered the Joy in giving to others and hence continues to be selfish. Therefore he/she continually creates Karma that will keep putting them in situations where they will HAVE to learn the lesson of giving to others. They make take 1, 2, 20 or 100's of attempts but eventually they will learn the joy of being selfless and begin to give freely to others.

Person B is a quick learner, and has learned that giving to others, and being selfless is a better state to be in. His/her consciousness has expanded, the locks of selfishness have been broken and there is no more selfishness karma that will be created. He/she is free from that.

So we all determine the "speed" of our spiritual evolution. It is a decision we all make. Some people may take longer, some shorter, but eventually everyone graduates!

That is why in India a Guru is attached the utmost importance, because He/She shows us the light, points out the mistakes in our thinking, and hastens our evolutionary speed. Otherwise we will remain ignorant, trapped in an endless cycle of karma and never be free.
Old 14-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Master

Most people blame others for the evil in the world. We see ourselves as better. We think 'if they only knew what I do'. We even see ourselves as helping the poor 'unawakened' people. God laughs at it all. 'They' aren't the ones needing help.
Old 15-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Clearly not.. Have you dodged paying you're taxes? have you climbed a mountain? Do you play the Piano? I don't know ..think of all the things you have not done in this life, because it's for those reasons that you have to keep coming back. Experience for experiences sake. Creation just does, without rhyme or meter. it needs no reason , but it's expression is an imperative of creation. Creation must by dint of being creation create. The ultimate catch 22.
Ok..If it has to feel several experiences then it sounds good to come back again and again. Because there are N number of experiences created by the supreme. But during this process it is also entering the cycle of karma which acts as a feedback for next birth. So is it really necessary to come for such kind of experiences? Ideally anything which has side effects is not preferred.

Moreover if it is all done for the sake of experience, why the concept of liberation came to picture? Why an incarnated soul should struggle for attaining liberation if it had come by its own wish to feel the experience?

I am trying the trace out the facts behind this world show.
Old 15-10-2012, 04:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
So we all determine the "speed" of our spiritual evolution. It is a decision we all make. Some people may take longer, some shorter, but eventually everyone graduates!
Yes. As you said since there is a difference in the potentials between the two personalities it creates a barrier towards the truth.
But what force actually made one personality quick learner and other slow learner? I am actually trying to find out the reasons for such creation.
Old 15-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Master
hello 123music
My understanding is that WILL is the true force behind all other forces.
We can will in accordance with our "higher selves", or in opposition to that. The speed of learning is related to the degree of agreement between the will(s).
Unlike many, I don't believe we are meant to "graduate" from our Earthly forms. I actually have long thought that the "higher self" has desired to manifest into this Earthly realm!
But I don't think we all need to believe the same things. Everything will work out as it should.
Old 15-10-2012, 07:43 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Yes. As you said since there is a difference in the potentials between the two personalities it creates a barrier towards the truth.
But what force actually made one personality quick learner and other slow learner? I am actually trying to find out the reasons for such creation.

You ask an interesting question. The whole struggle is between our biological nature and our spiritual nature. These are the only 2 forces at work.

Our biological bodies are manifested for a finite amount of time. They are born in time and they die. Therefore the focus of our biological nature is on self preservation. Its aim is to get the maximum bang for the buck in the shortest amount of time, so as to speak.
(In fact even when we die, there is a finer body called the astral body that is the vehicle for the soul).

Our spiritual self - our soul is ever free, it has never been born and it never dies. So it is never scared of death, destruction, hunger or destitution.

The problem is that this spiritual self has come to think of itself as intertwined with the biological self. So the whole goal is to set this spiritual self free - a process called liberation, samadhi, or enlightenment.

As I mentioned before, how the soul which is free comes to be intertwined is not yet known. It is a puzzle to be solved in the future.

So in each one of us, this struggle is playing out - between our biological nature and our divine nature which is struggling to break free. The goal therefore is to make ourselves identify with our eternal divine nature and let go of our biological nature. We must start identifying with our soul and not the body. This is a very difficult process and it continues even after death because then we are sheathed in the astral body, which is a finer version of our physical body.

Therefore the difference between a quick and slow learner arises from how much one is willing to struggle and break free. That is all. It is a question of will power and desire to break free. It is like some students are willing to work hard and graduate while others are busy enjoying life and not that motivated yet.

If you wish to learn more I would highly recommend reading the lectures of Swami Vivekananda: All your questions about Hinduism, soul, life after death and reincarnation have been wonderfully explained by him. Everything that I have written on this thread, comes from my understanding of His teachings on Advaita Vedanta - the root of Hindu philosophy.

They can be accessed for free at:
http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.in...lete_works.htm

Last edited by SpiritualBee : 15-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 15-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
The whole struggle is between our biological nature and our spiritual nature. These are the only 2 forces at work.

Our biological bodies are manifested for a finite amount of time. They are born in time and they die. Therefore the focus of our biological nature is on self preservation. Its aim is to get the maximum bang for the buck in the shortest amount of time, so as to speak.
Our spiritual self - our soul is ever free, it has never been born and it never dies. So it is never scared of death, destruction, hunger or destitution.

Hi-ho SpiritualBee, I don't mean to interrupt your convo, but, well, I wanna say some stuff...so here goes.
I am my embodiment. My form may change, but I am what I am...always.
I disagree that : "the focus of our biological nature is on self preservation".
If it is understood that death is inevitable, it is pointless to seek to postpone it. There is no "bang for the buck" involved; it's all pointless.
Manifestation IS being. To be "unmanifest" is to be imaginary.
I am agreeing with you.