Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Buddhism has some useful tidbits, but it is still an organized religion. All organized religions are problematic.

Unless you have first hand understanding and experience of the actual practice of all the organised religions, you could be just expressing a judgemental opinion there, mattie!

Old 14-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana
Unless you have first hand understanding and experience of the actual practice of all the organised religions, you could be just expressing a judgemental opinion there, mattie!

It could go both ways too. Buddhism is ow an organized religion, rather then an ideology.
Old 14-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
It could go both ways too. Buddhism is ow an organized religion, rather then an ideology.

Can I ask if you have thoroughly investigated different offline Buddhist groups to come to this conclusion, Time ?

Old 15-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Szalvias

Quote:
his monks memorised his teachings by repetition and passed them on to younger monks, until the time that they were first written on palm leaves.

Yes, you are right. I chose poor terms. Instead of saying his words are a mystery, I should have said that the case for the writings being exact is, from a scientific view, very shaky. I am Buddhist myself and find the surviving texts to be good enough, but I'm unconvinced they are the unadulterated words of Shakyamuni Buddha.
Old 15-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Time

Quote:
Can I ask if you have thoroughly investigated different offline Buddhist groups to come to this conclusion, Time ?

I know the basics and what its basic "original" intentions were, and how it came to be. Really in buddhism tahts all that really matters, cause other wise its all a different journey
Old 16-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I know the basics and what its basic "original" intentions were, and how it came to be. Really in buddhism tahts all that really matters, cause other wise its all a different journey

To really know Buddhism one has to practice it on a day to day level, as well as study Buddha's core teachings. The practice includes Buddhist meditation , like in this video which is first of a series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7a9Ur2x0o

with kind wishes,

Samana
Old 17-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Master
Just sharing . In my current understanding , Buddhism is a search to understand own awareness , to be free of it by being awake . It is a simple concept but seems impossible to impliment it .

In Buddhism of what I currently understand , there is no right or wrong , no true or false and no good or bad .

As all action / views / intention is limited to own awareness and is always part of each learning process .

There are many ways how Buddhism being practice , some very serious , some very funny , some like religions but in Buddhism there are no right or wrong ...is up to each awareness.

So if you think other person practice is " wrong" simply in Buddhism perhaps your awareness is ' higher" then them but surely they can never be wrong because they still does not understand Buddhism as you ........

In our sociaty , if a mental problem person hurt you , no law can purnish him right ? simply he is not aware of his action .......in Buddhism if a person doing what you think is " wrong" simply they still does not aware their action after all their action will be part of their own suffering and learning process .

Buddhism is easy , simple , fun & exciting .

Thks
CSEe