Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 07-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Seeker

Raphael

I feel like every single one of my posts so far have been a question, as befitting my rank as a newbie. But I'm veering off that path and just diving straight ahead from doubt into something more like certainty. /flex

Today's recounting involves what I believe to be Archangel Raphael.

I've been having trouble sleeping. It's difficult to get an uninterrupted 6 hours, and any moment past 6 hours tends to mean I'm not getting back to sleep before my alarm goes off.

In all of this, I've been having crazy heart palpitations that are starting to worry me.

This morning, I woke up after my 6 hours and my heart was racing/thudding. Sad and concerned, I did some guided breathing, to no avail. I then prayed to Raphael to ease the thudding. All of this occurred over an hour or two. Because today is an easy day, I turned off my alarm as well, and did eventually drift back to sleep.

Crazy vivid dream ensues where I'm back at home, at my dad's house, and I'm asleep on the couch in the living room. I hear one of my current house guests say something like "Try not to wake her up" as she goes to answer the door. I force myself to sit up, to wake up. I force myself to focus on the clock on the wall. My brain reads it as 12:30, my eyes read it as 12:15 or 3 o'clock as I struggle to focus on which hand is the hour and which is the minute hand (insignificant detail, in all likelihood). Our visitor is some stranger to me, wearing a green hoodie. Despite not recognizing him physically, there is a general sense that I know this person, or should know this person, and I remain silent in his presence, just observing, trying to figure out how I know him. There's a sense of urgency to speak as I know his time to leave is approaching, but I do nothing. He leaves.

It's not til after he leaves that I can bring myself to move, and I go out onto the front porch. I see him standing down the street, facing me, hands in his hoodie pockets, a dog with him.

And then he was gone.

And the dream went weird, unrelated places and I woke up shortly thereafter.

It didn't occur to me til after that perhaps the green hoodie meant it was Raphael letting me know I'd been heard, though it seemed like a stretch.

So, a few hours later, the dream still bugging me, I decided to look up Raphael and dog (I'm not well versed in angelic lore/angelic associations beyond scanty knowledge of colors and what they do, so I have to look this stuff up).

Turns out, there's a story of Archangel Raphael involving a dog, one that's been depicted in at least one painting and one sculpture - the story of Tobias and his blind father, Tobit, where Raphael cures Tobit's blindness.

The reason this drives the whole thing home for me is that my father is blind. It makes me feel like the addition of the dog in my dream and being at my dad's home was purposeful, a signature.

...not in a "Hold my beer, I'ma cure your dad's blindness" sort of way, but in a "You are heard, I am here, for better or worse" sort of way.

I can't say I physically feel 100% better. I haven't had any real issue since waking, but there's still that sense there... like after you've been hiccuping and it stops and you feel like another's coming, but it doesn't.

But I do feel like, for better or worse, I don't need to worry - it will be what it will be and I have been heard.

As always, I welcome thoughts and opinions.

edit: I also just remembered a bloodstone being in my dreams, though I don't remember the context or when.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckitty

But I do feel like, for better or worse, I don't need to worry - it will be what it will be and I have been heard.

Hi,

True. You do not need to worry. You have been heard.

Worry does not help us with any thing. It just makes us feel bad.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 08-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I've been having trouble sleeping. It's difficult to get an uninterrupted 6 hours, and any moment past 6 hours tends to mean I'm not getting back to sleep before my alarm goes off.

People actually never sleep 6~8~10 hours in one go. The sleep is always interrupted, but you actually do not get conscious about it. The interruption may be only 1 second, or just long enough to switch position, and because you are not fully conscious, you continue to sleep.

If you do not get enough sleep, then change your sleeping pattern.
for example, if you are not used to, take a 1 hour nap (between 1pm-4pm) then do it.

Then next thing to consider is to go sleeping earlier, i'm trying to go between 9~10pm. Or, maybe 1 hour later as usually. Do it for 7 days and see how it is going.

When you find yourself waking up 2~3am, then try not to jump out of the sleep, stay calm with closed eyes. Learn to listen.
Usually the Angels/Guides will talk to you at around that time (watch the thoughts - which may be not your own), so it is wise to not allow your own thought process to start.
If you listen to something, then you will not produce thoughts. Listening you can do, even with/to the silence.

Usually Color Green is the Color which people assign to the Archangel Raphael.
And it looks like he knew that you will be curious of who he were (as you haven't asked), so he left the image with the dog in your dream.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Seeker

Thank you, Dan and John, for your thoughts and responses!

@Dan_SF Regarding sleep, I've spent my life dealing with chronic insomnia. My mind/body's preferred cycle has been 3am-whenever, but that's not conducive to work hours, socialization, etc. There was a period in my life where I had to wake up at 6am for work, and even though I'd get in bed at 10pm, I couldn't power down til 3am, even with sleep aids. I'd drift off into empty blackness then have moments feeling like someone had just rebooted my brain and I'd be 100% back in wakefulness and then the sweet release of 3am would come. I don't miss those times.

I have been lucky enough to get on a somewhat more socially acceptable schedule that's stuck with me nicely for a few years now and consider that a pretty big victory after a lifetime of struggle, with bouts of insomnia still cropping up, but not persisting for too long. I accept that as part of my life and know it'll pass and I can function through it.

My current issues, however, are inconsiderate house guests and a cat that wants in/out of my room in some cycle clearly meant as a form of psychological torture -- i.e. actual wake up or get up and move interruptions outside of typical sleep interruptions, which has helped form unhealthy sleeping habits and leave me drained the rest of the day.

Due to years of figuring out what works and doesn't work for me, I don't tend toward naps and try to avoid caffeine most days, certainly not past 3pm if I do have it at all.

But thank you for all of your input, just the same! I genuinely mean that.

For whatever it's worth, I do listen to music when falling asleep these days - typically 432 pieces/raise your vibration stuff. I did not know about the 2-3am thing. I don't typically select things longer than a couple of hours, but maybe I'll start picking things that'll still be going around that time.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckitty
I feel like every single one of my posts so far have been a question, as befitting my rank as a newbie. But I'm veering off that path and just diving straight ahead from doubt into something more like certainty. /flex

Today's recounting involves what I believe to be Archangel Raphael.

In all of this, I've been having crazy heart palpitations that are starting to worry me.

This morning, I woke up after my 6 hours and my heart was racing/thudding. Sad and concerned, I did some guided breathing, to no avail. I then prayed to Raphael to ease the thudding. All of this occurred over an hour or two. Because today is an easy day, I turned off my alarm as well, and did eventually drift back to sleep.

Crazy vivid dream ensues where I'm back at home, at my dad's house, and I'm asleep on the couch in the living room. I hear one of my current house guests say something like "Try not to wake her up" as she goes to answer the door. I force myself to sit up, to wake up. I force myself to focus on the clock on the wall. My brain reads it as 12:30, my eyes read it as 12:15 or 3 o'clock as I struggle to focus on which hand is the hour and which is the minute hand (insignificant detail, in all likelihood). Our visitor is some stranger to me, wearing a green hoodie. Despite not recognizing him physically, there is a general sense that I know this person, or should know this person, and I remain silent in his presence, just observing, trying to figure out how I know him. There's a sense of urgency to speak as I know his time to leave is approaching, but I do nothing. He leaves.

It's not til after he leaves that I can bring myself to move, and I go out onto the front porch. I see him standing down the street, facing me, hands in his hoodie pockets, a dog with him.

And then he was gone.

And the dream went weird, unrelated places and I woke up shortly thereafter.

It didn't occur to me til after that perhaps the green hoodie meant it was Raphael letting me know I'd been heard, though it seemed like a stretch.

So, a few hours later, the dream still bugging me, I decided to look up Raphael and dog (I'm not well versed in angelic lore/angelic associations beyond scanty knowledge of colors and what they do, so I have to look this stuff up).

Turns out, there's a story of Archangel Raphael involving a dog, one that's been depicted in at least one painting and one sculpture - the story of Tobias and his blind father, Tobit, where Raphael cures Tobit's blindness.

The reason this drives the whole thing home for me is that my father is blind. It makes me feel like the addition of the dog in my dream and being at my dad's home was purposeful, a signature.

...not in a "Hold my beer, I'ma cure your dad's blindness" sort of way, but in a "You are heard, I am here, for better or worse" sort of way.

I can't say I physically feel 100% better. I haven't had any real issue since waking, but there's still that sense there... like after you've been hiccuping and it stops and you feel like another's coming, but it doesn't.

As always, I welcome thoughts and opinions.

edit: I also just remembered a bloodstone being in my dreams, though I don't remember the context or when.

Hi CKitty!

I am sorry you are having trouble with sleeping. When you had the heart palpitations, it was right after you woke up, right?

When I was going through my spiritual awakening, I had a hard time with sleep. I would always wake up around 3-4am. My body felt the effects from it with it happening so frequently. Tiredness and among other things. I would occasionally have my heart race after waking up suddenly as well. But, I don’t remember having them last for more than a few minutes I guess. I’ve never really timed them. I’m pretty sensitivitive to energies which made it very interesting for me. I eventually went into the doctor to make sure everything was ok. Which it was.

Always listen to your body. You know it better than anyone. If you are having them during waking moments as well, and if you are concerned, then I would probably recommend getting checked out.

It used to be hard for me to fall asleep initially and to go back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night. I have to use Melatonin or other sleep aids in order for me to sleep.

I also have a crazy cat that wakes me up all the time too!!!!

As for your dream, Emerald Green is a color that ArchAngel Raphael is usually associated with. It’s also a color that reasonates with other healers as well. Your dream could have definitely been a sign for you that your prayer was heard.

Feel better soon!
Old 09-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Experiencer
Thank you fo shaing, ckitty. It sounds pretty impactful and significant. I've found a similar experience in the presence of angels, like they're a familiar stranger. I haven't actually heard of angels and dogs before, come to think of it, but I think I've heard or seen them depicted with animals in general so it makes sense. I know green is ften affiliated with healing and life, so it would also make sense to be connected with Raphael.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 10-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoGurl
Hi CKitty!

I am sorry you are having trouble with sleeping. When you had the heart palpitations, it was right after you woke up, right?

It was, and that's what upset me. Laying down is where I've been safe from them, so it was distressing to wake up with them. When they happen, I tend to be standing or sitting, and awake. If I lay down, they'll chill out. They're not constant. I'm fairly certain they come and go with hormonal shifts, so I'm also pretty sure that not getting decent sleep is contributing to hormonal issues outside of that and therefor contributing to the frequency of the flubs. Or maybe I'm working out too hard and not supplementing/eating correctly. Or it's a + b + c. I should really just go to a doctor, but am not in the position, financially, to do so. I'm not getting short of breath or dizzy with them, though.

I had similar issues in my early 20s, went to a cardiologist, had a pacemaker for a weekend to monitor things, an ultrasound, and a stress test treadmill thing done and was told everything was nice and healthy and that it was potentially just stress or anxiety related. They did eventually resolve on their own. They resurfaced this past year, this past week being the worst so far.

I've been good the past couple of days, though, so there's that!

edit: I also popped a melatonin last night and kicked the cat out to help make sure I got slightly smoother sleep. I can't take them too many nights in a row, though, or my body starts to have the opposite reaction for some reason.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Knower
Hi CKitty,

You mentioned that you can only take Melantonin short term because it will take on an opposite effect. Do you think it could be possible the music may be doing the same thing?

I listen to music a lot. It is definitely a grounding thing for me. BUT...I’ve noticed lately that it can also inhibit my focus during certain occasions. Currently, if I listen to the 432 MHz music..the way my hearing is, I tend to tune in to particular instruments. My hearing is very sensitive to the vibration of music. Basically the 432 MHz would not be very relaxing for me to fall asleep to. Have you heard of Tibetan Singing Bowls? I can’t handle the sound of them! Not relaxing to me at all!

Being a woman, our bodies can be crazy sometimes over time hormonally...Ugh!

Hope that helps!
Old 12-09-2018, 04:19 AM
Seeker

Howdy again, VGG.

I hadn't considered the music, really. Tibetan Singing Bowls, though! If they're what I'm listening to while falling asleep, they're good at yanking me out of sleep as easily as they put me to sleep, so yeah... I don't listen to them anymore at night.

I think I know what you mean about tuning into a particular instrument. For me, it's the tone. Some things I've tried listening to, all I can hear after a while is a dial tone in the background and I have to turn it off.

I've specifically been listening to things for raising frequency. Maybe I should lay off of that.

As it is, I'm giving this week a rest as far as working out goes, sticking with melatonin for so long as I don't end up in bed feeling like I need to run a marathon, and trying to get some quality sleep. And maybe knocking off with the "raise your frequency" stuff for a tiny bit >.>
Old 13-09-2018, 12:34 AM
mindanalyzer

Try theanine and ashwagandha before going to bed; they are good to control anxiety and help with sleep

If you cannot fall asleep, you could try phosphatidylserine (made from sunflower) which is excellent to control cortisol. Also try to take at least 400mg of magnesium a day

Lastly you can try taking 1g taurine in the morning and 1g before going to bed