Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Guide

Randomness

I don't recall dreaming over night but I woke up saying, 'locating it on a map is impossible' over and over.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I don't recall dreaming over night but I woke up saying, 'locating it on a map is impossible' over and over.
the idea may be related to: "you can't get there from here".
if two locations are on the same map, then a course between them can
be plotted. the distance between heaven and earth isn't measurable
according to man made standards. the gap may be unfathomably large,
or infinitesimally small... it'll require a 'leap of faith' in either case.

for you to awaken with this kind of thought in your mind is suggestive
of the distance being quite small indeed. perhaps just a minor turn.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
it'll require a 'leap of faith' in either case.

It all makes some kind of sense but I'm not sure what just yet although you have no idea how much that bit jumped out at me, thank you H:O:R:A:C:E
Old 05-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Guide
Posted in your other thread...but same thing...
I personally have found that in the gap of waking up or going to sleep, you can pick up on alot of random nonsense.
I have even tried to watch this in meditation to see if i could figure out what it is about, but no conclusive proof on anything. But my personal opinion is that the randomness is a bit of psychic ability picking up on various thoughts floating around the ether. I don't believe they have any real significance.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
Posted in your other thread...but same thing...
I personally have found that in the gap of waking up or going to sleep, you can pick up on alot of random nonsense.
I have even tried to watch this in meditation to see if i could figure out what it is about, but no conclusive proof on anything. But my personal opinion is that the randomness is a bit of psychic ability picking up on various thoughts floating around the ether. I don't believe they have any real significance.

Wouldn't that normally happen all the time though? Why would it suddenly just start to happen?
Old 05-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
Wouldn't that normally happen all the time though? Why would it suddenly just start to happen?

I am sure it is there all the time.....but our waking consciousness is making so much of our own noise that we dont notice. That is why I was able to find it in meditation and focus on it a bit as well.

It is like opening an apartment window....you suddenly hear all the conversations and street noises from outside, rather than just what is in your room.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Guide

Quote:
I am sure it is there all the time.....but our waking consciousness is making so much of our own noise that we dont notice. That is why I was able to find it in meditation and focus on it a bit as well.

It is like opening an apartment window....you suddenly hear all the conversations and street noises from outside, rather than just what is in your room.

Now we've noticed it, we can't go back to not noticing it I guess. I like that we eventually do notice it and get a taste of our 'psychic ability,' when we're not used to it, thank you Rawnrr
Old 09-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Guide
Oh...and I should note, that there is also a distinct possibility it is simply just random neurons firing in the brain as we start to rest or wake up........the gears of the mind shutting down (or starting) with a sputter.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh...and I should note, that there is also a distinct possibility it is simply just random neurons firing in the brain as we start to rest or wake up........the gears of the mind shutting down (or starting) with a sputter.
does the mind ever "shut down"?
i've seen people, on this forum and elsewhere, postulate that they may be a
'brain in a jar', and all of their supposed physical (or other) experiences are
merely projections of the mind... which implies that they don't recognize
having any experiences without mind being actively present [constantly "on"].
Old 09-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Guide
True...maybe "shut down" was not the right analogy.....maybe just "switching modes" would have been better ;)