Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-08-2017, 04:27 AM
Master
Lotta crazy people in the spirituality field

I don't have a better word for it. Crazy. mentally loose. bursting at the seams?

An overheated engine.

An overwhelmed worker.

I don't want to say insanity. I don't recall meeting many, if any, insane spiritual seekers.

However I do notice that a common thread, almost constant, is that there is a loosening of the mind in the spiritual field.

It's not just spirituality. there are rebel thinkers in every traditional field. However in spirituality... i swear like 90% of the field is people with severe trauma or a trumatic childhood.

As a person with a trumatic childhood, I'm the first to say it's not a wrong thing. But for Gods sake...

I wonder if I would still have dived so deeply into this pool if I had known what was lurking beneath the surface.

I'm not trying to ask a question. this is a rhetorical venting.

And before that angel on your shoulder tries to condemn me, haven't you had the same thought or feeling before? Like "I can't take all these traumatized people constantly clawing out for help?"
Old 18-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Master

I think that if you havent experienced any hardship in life you tend to go with theprogramming, and never question or think deeper. It might have alot to do with it.
Then, i think it might be easy to sound like youve lost your self..or, it might even be that some things are not that healthy in the spiritual world or, to some ..depending on what theyve been through..
Old 20-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
I think that if you havent experienced any hardship in life you tend to go with theprogramming, and never question or think deeper. It might have alot to do with it.
Then, i think it might be easy to sound like youve lost your self..or, it might even be that some things are not that healthy in the spiritual world or, to some ..depending on what theyve been through..

I can definitely see that. I guess it's one of those "which came first, the chicken or the egg" things.
Old 18-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I don't have a better word for it. Crazy. mentally loose. bursting at the seams?

An overheated engine.

An overwhelmed worker.

I don't want to say insanity. I don't recall meeting many, if any, insane spiritual seekers.

However I do notice that a common thread, almost constant, is that there is a loosening of the mind in the spiritual field.

It's not just spirituality. there are rebel thinkers in every traditional field. However in spirituality... i swear like 90% of the field is people with severe trauma or a trumatic childhood.

As a person with a trumatic childhood, I'm the first to say it's not a wrong thing. But for Gods sake...

I wonder if I would still have dived so deeply into this pool if I had known what was lurking beneath the surface.

I'm not trying to ask a question. this is a rhetorical venting.

And before that angel on your shoulder tries to condemn me, haven't you had the same thought or feeling before? Like "I can't take all these traumatized people constantly clawing out for help?"

Lurking in the depths of the ocean are some beautifully transparent creatures that seem to be blissfully floating through the deep dark waters ever so gracefully, with an amazingly bright glowing lighted body in fact..

Ah.... Nature has a way to open us in how we choose to feel and see the creatures of the deep.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 20-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Lurking in the depths of the ocean are some beautifully transparent creatures that seem to be blissfully floating through the deep dark waters ever so gracefully, with an amazingly bright glowing lighted body in fact..

Ah.... Nature has a way to open us in how we choose to feel and see the creatures of the deep.

The angler fish is often called the devil of the deep XD
Old 18-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Slightly different feelings. Things don't work out for someone and sometimes they look for quick easy answers. That's the trouble with the new age spirituality. It promises a lot but delivers little. The vulnerable fall for it. Sometimes it makes their problems worse.

Often the solutions lie in the mundane but they need work and planning and you get these preachers here saying "live in the now". If your now is laden with problems you have to set your sights on a now that's free of problems.

However, others arrive here looking for guidance on spiritual/self development.

(Aside: the new age is full of carp. Someone posted a link to an audio yesterday supposed to be at 523Hz that has certain alleged properties (nothing scientifically proven). 523Hz? It isn't at all! That's what discredits the N.A so. You can't trust it. But the naive and vulnerable fall for it.)
Old 18-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Slightly different feelings. Things don't work out for someone and sometimes they look for quick easy answers. That's the trouble with the new age spirituality. It promises a lot but delivers little. The vulnerable fall for it. Sometimes it makes their problems worse.

Often the solutions lie in the mundane but they need work and planning and you get these preachers here saying "live in the now". If your now is laden with problems you have to set your sights on a now that's free of problems.

However, others arrive here looking for guidance on spiritual/self development.

(Aside: the new age is full of carp. Someone posted a link to an audio yesterday supposed to be at 523Hz that has certain alleged properties (nothing scientifically proven). 523Hz? It isn't at all! That's what discredits the N.A so. You can't trust it. But the naive and vulnerable fall for it.)

Be present with the now? How's that for a non preacher style?

Lorelyen we cant pull the wool over your eyes ever can we?

Your much to sharp.

And I need to get to bed.

Goodnight.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:

Spirituality is forever the carrot on the stick - a promise of enlightenment, salvation or inner peace.

I assume we all have an inner voice & at times it asks why?

There are many, many people who respond with: "this is why .. I know this for certain follow my lead & it may all be fine."

A quote I like is "do not live your life in the wrong way because of a refusal to question your own choices". If church really isn't working for them, some people double down & convince others as a way of convincing themselves.

It's fear of walking on your own, a spiritual guide to life is a comfort & some people really require comfort, that can be through no fault of their own are the opposite.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Guide

Have only read a bit of the post but Y E S! Y E S! Y E S!

They lost it and now their ego is playin HUGE tricks on them, because HEY IM SO SPIRITUal, i dont have an ego! Now, the funny thing is without an ego u actually are insane because ego is linked to ur common sense. However, discarding the ego doesnt mean u dont have one.
I saw a comment on fb yesterday where one said: i dont have an ego, hope to never get one either.
Thats basicly a brag WHICH IS (hidden) EGO! etc etc.. :p

Now i must say, on here peeps are pretty objective and what not without going bunkers. Though i also like crazy in a sense since it can give much colour and what not. (laughter) which lacks quite a bit here... :p Commonly spoken its too serious here really :p
Old 19-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Master

Hi shivatar,

Your diving into the pool analogy is quite apt, as initiations require receiving energy first (diving in the pool) - and then learning how to swim, so to speak.

When new energy floods the being in these initiations, this can exacerbate 'imbalances' or deficiencies - or illumine faults in desire, including karma now manifesting. It's part of the process to sort out and 'manage' the energy, the light, etc. on the way. It's the evolutionary wisdom of self-discovery.

Of course, as part of that process, some deliberately invoke these energies quite powerfully - inappropriately - and then they receive way beyond what they can handle. It's like a 10 year old boy wishing for - and getting - a Formula 1 racing car for his birthday, before even test driving a go-cart. So be careful what you wish for.

The best/wisest thing is to humbly ask for preparation, forgiveness*, necessary qualities, etc., e.g., for God to decide what is necessary and not necessary - what to get....and not get. And then be patient and receptive.

But many think they know better. For instance, they are attracted to power, without examining their faults, capacities, or willingness.

This is why we often see these disturbances and imbalances in novice aspirants.

Meanwhile what passes for 'sanity' in conventional terms is questionable in that it isn't even seen as problematic, but rather, 'normal' and even desirable.

* which can serve to can mitigate or remove the 'results' of previous 'bad' decisions.

~ J