Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I gotta jump in here and say something......your urine is turning darker because you are not drinking water and your urine is becoming more concentrated

This is NOT a condition you would want to maintain for any length of time as it stresses your kidneys in an adverse way.

If your goal is to remove toxins...drink more water to flush your system....and you will note that your urine will become much clearer as the concentration goes down (and your kidneys will be much happier)

I completely agree with the urine becoming more concentrated and that water can flush out the toxins from the body. I could be wrong with my ideas, I usually am but the following makes sense to me.

When the body goes into a dry fast, it seeks water internally. This can be done through the metabolisation on fat cells and harnessing water which surrounds the cells in our body. These methods of attaining water release the toxins held in these stores which would not occur had the body been supplied with water externally.

During the fast I am going to the bathroom 2 times a day excreting this amber coloured, partly sediment filled liquid. When I was not fasting and drinking water normally I would excrete a clear liquid, say 4 times a day. Heres the thing, If I had the ability to measure the number of toxins contained in my urine during my 4 trips to the bathroom during a non fast vs the 2 trips during my fast I would be incredibly surprised if they were the same. But who know, I could be wrong, thats just what makes sense to me :)
Old 09-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Newbie ;)

65hrs in.
The dry fast continues. Woke up early yet again this morning, think it may have something to do with becoming more sensitive to my surroundings. Smells, sight, hearing are all detecting things otherwise I would have perhaps ignored. As the dawn hits my body seems to wake with it.

Noticed I am more emotional to things which are being said or experienced. Was reminising with a friend on a memory and felt incredibly moved, its like I was tapping into the feelings I had felt when that memory took place. The sights, the smells, the enjoyment, interesting indeed.

Feeling good considering the circumstances. Looking forward to this afternoon when I shall be enjoying some distilled water and progress to coconut water and juice. Only 7 hrs to go!
Old 11-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Newbie ;)

3 days complete!

All done, broke the dry fast with a glass of distilled water, followed by some coconut water, watermelon juice and a mango across a few hours. It is unbelievable how good juice can taste when you have been without.

Woke up this morning after breaking the fast incredibly thirsty, I would say more thirsty after I broke fast than during which was interesting. Will definitely fast again in the future, was really able to reflect on my relationship with food and realise the majority of the time I eat is due to my emotional ties to food.

Questions may arise before I eat e.g How hungry can I be considering I have the ability to go 3 days without food or water?

Learned alot from the experience and for those looking to do fasting I would absolutley go for it. Start off with what your body can handle, would not reccomend going straight to a dry fast as the release of all the built up toxins can be fatal. Perhaps start by cutting out meat, then dairy, then move towards a juice fast? From there you can progress to a water fast and then a dry, but only when you feel up to it.

Love you all and so glad you were here to experience it with me.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy
3 days complete!

All done, broke the dry fast with a glass of distilled water, followed by some coconut water, watermelon juice and a mango across a few hours. It is unbelievable how good juice can taste when you have been without.

Woke up this morning after breaking the fast incredibly thirsty, I would say more thirsty after I broke fast than during which was interesting. Will definitely fast again in the future, was really able to reflect on my relationship with food and realise the majority of the time I eat is due to my emotional ties to food.

Questions may arise before I eat e.g How hungry can I be considering I have the ability to go 3 days without food or water?

Learned alot from the experience and for those looking to do fasting I would absolutley go for it. Start off with what your body can handle, would not reccommend going straight to a dry fast as the release of all the built up toxins can be fatal. Perhaps start by cutting out meat, then dairy, then move towards a juice fast? From there you can progress to a water fast and then a dry, but only when you feel up to it.

Very interesting thread, and I followed from the day 1. My relationship with food is as a fuel, so I just eat 'nutrients', which are needed for the activities I do. There is a bit of emotional or compulsive eating, but barely. Sometimes I eat for flavour. If I have a sour taste in my mouth I eat a peach or something. I use fruit for that and it also contains vital nutrients.

Sometimes I eat when I'm not feeling hungry, and I very rarely feel significant hunger because I have to eat a lot to fuel my very active lifestyle.
Old 14-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Very interesting thread, and I followed from the day 1. My relationship with food is as a fuel, so I just eat 'nutrients', which are needed for the activities I do. There is a bit of emotional or compulsive eating, but barely. Sometimes I eat for flavour. If I have a sour taste in my mouth I eat a peach or something. I use fruit for that and it also contains vital nutrients.

Sometimes I eat when I'm not feeling hungry, and I very rarely feel significant hunger because I have to eat a lot to fuel my very active lifestyle.

Thankyou, Im so glad you were able to get something from it. Sounds like your relationship with food is in a good place.
Old 25-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
2 Days until Fast: With Meat and dairy removed from the diet its funny to notice how these things seem to attract to me now.

Was shouted Hungry Jacks out of no where yesterday for lunch. Was also given a Thick shake out of the blue from a friend. For dinner, Pizza was offered.

Its just interesting to see when you don't want something, that seems to draw it to you.
That's an interesting experience you have started!
Old 23-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Knower

Quote:
3 days complete!

Learned alot from the experience and for those looking to do fasting I would absolutley go for it. Start off with what your body can handle, would not reccomend going straight to a dry fast as the release of all the built up toxins can be fatal. Perhaps start by cutting out meat, then dairy, then move towards a juice fast? From there you can progress to a water fast and then a dry, but only when you feel up to it.

Very interesting to read! The reactions you explained were unexpected. I am curious how you are now and how this experience has affected you long term?
Closed Thread