Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As I mentioned above, these scriptures speak of two prophecies. The first prophecy was fulfilled in 70 A.D. Flavius Josephus recorded the events that happened in Jerusalem and also at Masada in his writings. Before the Temple was completely destroyed, Josephus was allowed to rescue many of the sacred manuscripts.

The second part of the prophecy has not been fulfilled yet. In 1881, Bible scholars Westcott and Holt came up with a better version of the Greek text that would later be used as the foundation of some of the newer translations. Their version of the Greek was based on older manuscripts that had been found that revealed certain changes had been made to the Bible. They claimed their text was more accurate.

One of the changes they changed back to the 'original' was that the World was not coming to an end but that it was an Age that was coming to a conclusion.

Knowing an Age is coming to a conclusion is completely different of that of the World coming to an end.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-04-2020, 01:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Knowing an Age is coming to a conclusion is completely different of that of the World coming to an end.

how come other parts of the NT say that the end is at hand even if this one doesn't?
like Paul saying don't marry because time is so short theres no point to it
i don't see this as a problem myself, it's no problem, people say what they believe is true
Old 07-04-2020, 02:06 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
how come other parts of the NT say that the end is at hand even if this one doesn't?
like Paul saying don't marry because time is so short theres no point to it
i don't see this as a problem myself, it's no problem, people say what they believe is true
I think what Paul was actually trying to say is don't get married because it will be like the end of your world. He wasn't too successful in his love life from what I heard.

But yeah, I believe the end of the world date got postponed a few times now. It was originally going to happen in Paul's lifetime or shortly there after, but I believe Jesus and the Four Horseman were booked solid for the foreseeable future. Then they decided to wait and see if that comet thing would just do it for them, but it went right on bye and only managed scare a few peasants. It did better the second time around when it managed to trigger a few cult meltdowns, but still no world ending direct impact. Then I heard that the end had been tentatively rescheduled for 2000, or maybe 2012, but those dates didn't work out either. Last I heard they were thinking of just going ahead and letting mankind bring the world to an end on their own as a this rate they will probably get there first anyway.
But I should probably stay on topic hear, so the moral is, "drink up! for tomorrow....or maybe the day after.....well eventually, the world may be coming to an end. "
Old 07-04-2020, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I think what Paul was actually trying to say is don't get married because it will be like the end of your world. He wasn't too successful in his love life from what I heard.

But yeah, I believe the end of the world date got postponed a few times now. It was originally going to happen in Paul's lifetime or shortly there after, but I believe Jesus and the Four Horseman were booked solid for the foreseeable future. Then they decided to wait and see if that comet thing would just do it for them, but it went right on bye and only managed scare a few peasants. It did better the second time around when it managed to trigger a few cult meltdowns, but still no world ending direct impact. Then I heard that the end had been tentatively rescheduled for 2000, or maybe 2012, but those dates didn't work out either. Last I heard they were thinking of just going ahead and letting mankind bring the world to an end on their own as a this rate they will probably get there first anyway.
But I should probably stay on topic hear, so the moral is, "drink up! for tomorrow....or maybe the day after.....well eventually, the world may be coming to an end. "

' He wasn't too successful in his love life from what I heard.'

Hope your not listening to gossip while sharing a bottle of Grape Juice
Old 07-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Master

indeed, there were rumours around his love life although on the main point i kind of have sympathy for the 'heretical' views mentioned in the NT that the resurrection has already come. in the grand scheme of things these are all just variations on a common theme but in typical fashion small differences can become a big deal in religion...
Old 07-04-2020, 10:01 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' He wasn't too successful in his love life from what I heard.'

Hope your not listening to gossip while sharing a bottle of Grape Juice
No! I am not listening to gossip!
I am making it up.
Old 19-07-2020, 10:12 PM
Suspended

He just said don't be drunk when it comes a calling for you. But why are you reading about the end of your time? Jesus said all who liveth and believth shall never die.
Old 20-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
He just said don't be drunk when it comes a calling for you. But why are you reading about the end of your time? Jesus said all who liveth and believth shall never die.

But people depart this organic world and Matrix, all the time.
Jesus had stated also that the devil knows his time is short.
Regarding what we've been discussing, you should know there is a conclusion coming.

What does it mean to say that the devil is the "god of this world"?
2 Cor. 4:4

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-07-2020, 05:49 AM
Suspended

Well if you say I'm going to die then you might as well say there is no heaven to save you from the devil?

I'd rather believe in that Jesus will take my place when its my turn and take me straight to heaven rather than waiting for the yet to live Lazarus thing. If your drunk you won't have your bags packed.
Old 20-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Master
Didn't say you would die. Said you would "depart" here.
Unless you are raptured.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein