Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 25-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Tanith

Help with a short tarot interpretation

I did a shuffle reading; I enjoy these as they often hit the nail on the head much harder than layouts. I shuffled the cards gently and consistently until a card falls out. I study the card and continue shuffling. Typically I get three cards out this way, but yesterday after the second card, two cards fell out simultaneously.

the order of cards was thus:
King of Cups
-time between-
Seven of Cups
The Hanging Man/The High Priestess

I've interpreted them myself with happenings in life. But if anyone would be able to contribute something beyond simply the meanings of the cards it would be much appreciated!
Old 25-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Master
Two "Cups" and two major arcana.

Cups : element - water, season - autumn, colour - blue, attributes - emotions, intuition, psychic abilities, direction - west
7 of Cups - key word - delusion
King of Cups - Lord of the Powers of Water.

Sacrifice [Hanged Man] -a law of Nature that something must die for something else to live.
High Priestess - the Wise Woman who relies on her intuition to gain wisdom.
Old 25-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Tanith

Thank you Norse,

I had not thought of equating seasons into my readings- there are often so many differing points of view on which suit refers to which season of the year.

I love your short keyword descriptions- it helps to better understand each card as a separate interpretation. You've put these cards into perspective for people I know that they may be referring to that I hadn't previously seen.
Old 25-02-2012, 08:23 PM
pgrundy

what I got from it

(and PLEASE take this or leave it as you will, it was just my first 'hit') was that there is a man who is kind and also kind of dreamy who keeps you fro maturing into the wise woman you could be. It isn't that he is a bad man--he's not, he's very good--it's more that the comfort and security is holding you back and allowing you to kind of stay in a kind of daydream.

You have to choose. One way forward sacrifices some comfort but brings wisdom. The other keeps you in a pleasant place indefinitely.

Last edited by pgrundy : 25-02-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: second thoughts
Old 25-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Tanith

That is a very interesting interpretation as well- I certainly see how that is a possible scenario in my current situations in life :)

I am liking these new perspectives! I wrote over a page of my own initial thoughts and interpretations but you guys are bringing me more than I first saw in this reading :)