Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Henri77

Red Lights- psychic thriller

Not often do we get an intelligent paranormal thriller, devoid of posessed children, grisly scenes & nasty spooks.
Told from the pov of a psychic dubunker out to expose a powerful mentalist.

Red Lights is one such film.
Just got if from Blockbuster.

This setup provides enough inherent conflict-drama to
justify a film ,without adding serial killer, terrorist plots
or govt conspiracies to attract mainstream audiences
and studio financing.

Robt Deniro, Segourney Weaver & Cillian Murphy aren't
exactly lightweights and promise emotional fireworks.

Just watched it...
the first 2/3 is truly marvelous - meticulous,.. as gripping, thoughtful, as Inception though not quite as artful.. unique, and it has some lovely concepts at work

Sigourney is a psychic debunker, a professor who is the university equivalent
of James Randi ...... and equally as ferocous as he is in pursuing frauds

Deniro as the powerful mentalist with seemingly demonic overtones ....

The ending defeats all expectations of the setup, and while the tone-plot devices switch tracks for no logical reason, except to serve the drama, I still feel it deserves watching ,
for fans of stage mentalists, and science minded skeptics alike.
Old 26-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Sybilline

Hm, interesting! But it's new! Looks like I will have to wait... Sounds interesting though, I read a bit about it online :)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you Henri because you always post some good links to videos, or good films to watch.
I'd very much like to watch this.
I too am sick of any films with a "supernatural/thriller" slant always having to be (or ending up as) blood-and-guts movies.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Henri77

It's definately different from either horror/psychic or cerebral psychic thrillers.

As it has the tone of each with no gruesome scenes, and one isn't sure if events are demonic, hallucinations or high tech hoaxes. Keeps one guessing.