Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-12-2011, 07:30 AM
rsingh

Hi Geri

Assume that you are having a dream. In your dream, someone comes and tell you that there is higher power called God and tell you all about the wonders of God. Will it awaken you form your dream? No, I don't think so. So are you interested in waking up or are you interested in making your dream better and more comfortable. You choose? Accordingly you can live your life. Believing or not believing is not going to make any difference to your dream. All that matters is whether you are dreaming or you are awake.
Old 23-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Master
A belief is fine but any particular belief isn't important, and there's a difference between what we really believe and what we 'think' we believe.
Old 23-12-2011, 09:12 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
What is the harm in believing in an intelligence and wisdom greater than our own, when acted upon can overcome all our difficulties? I know difficulties are part of life, but the lesson is learned when we know how to overcome them. I believe that it is more benificial for us to believe that we can avail ourselves to a higher source that has answers for us, so we can learn to live a life of harmony, love, health, and abundance.
What is the harm in believing in a God, a creator, a higher intelligence that wants and desires nothing but the highest good for us? Would'nt that take a lot of weight off our shoulders and give us more peace in our minds. To be able to rest in the idea that we do not have to be stuck or be a victim in any situation we do not want to be in. Having a belief like this, I think would do away with most depression. Believing I can have happiness in my life. Not believing this, seems to me, leaves a lot of room for hoplessness. Like I asked, "what is the harm?" I'm not saying you have to believe this, but would'nt you feel better if you did? I do. As a man believes in his heart so it is. Just some food for thought. Be well and have a great day.

There is also your "true self" (true nature / higher self ) you can believe.. .

Silent, problemless, fearless, compassionate, totally independent... all the good stuff.

I believed it is true.

If you like the truth and adventure

3d
Old 23-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
there's a difference between what we really believe and what we 'think' we believe.

This is important to realize as far as beliefs go ... and that beliefs are connected ...
Old 23-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
What is the harm in believing in an intelligence and wisdom greater than our own, when acted upon can overcome all our difficulties? I know difficulties are part of life, but the lesson is learned when we know how to overcome them. I believe that it is more benificial for us to believe that we can avail ourselves to a higher source that has answers for us, so we can learn to live a life of harmony, love, health, and abundance.
What is the harm in believing in a God, a creator, a higher intelligence that wants and desires nothing but the highest good for us? Would'nt that take a lot of weight off our shoulders and give us more peace in our minds. To be able to rest in the idea that we do not have to be stuck or be a victim in any situation we do not want to be in. Having a belief like this, I think would do away with most depression. Believing I can have happiness in my life. Not believing this, seems to me, leaves a lot of room for hoplessness. Like I asked, "what is the harm?" I'm not saying you have to believe this, but would'nt you feel better if you did? I do. As a man believes in his heart so it is. Just some food for thought. Be well and have a great day.

Would I feel better for believing in a personal God? No !
It may "take a lot of weight off our shoulders," but there will always be the temptation to blame God for the ills that befall you for isn't God all powerful?

If we are to become companions, as Cayce said, doesn't that imply equality?

I am responsible for everything that happens to me and I am glad that is the way it is.

Having said this, I should add that I believe that there is a power, All That Is, that we can tap into.
Old 23-12-2011, 01:55 PM
geri

I do not believe that God is just letting things happen.We were given freewill and dominion over all things. It is the misuse of the power or authority within all of us that is just letting things happen.
Old 23-12-2011, 02:15 PM
geri

Those that do not believe in God or somthing greater than themselves still have the choice to believe that some how good can come into their lives. They can choose to accept the idea of believing in some power that only wants the best for them or not. If you believe you will receive that which you believe I think it would be a good idea to check in on what your believing. If want to know what you have been believing look at you life and circumstances now. If you want to know what your life will be like in lets say a year from now look to what you are now believing. We experience what we choose to believe no matter what it is.
Old 23-12-2011, 02:20 PM
3dnow

Interesting discussion..

Why believe we are weak and in need of a greater power?

Where does this belief come from?

3d
Old 23-12-2011, 02:21 PM
geri

Would'nt you always want to believe that you can have the best life possible?
Old 23-12-2011, 02:23 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Would'nt you always want to believe that you can have the best life possible?

Yes. What this has to do with a greater power?

3d