Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-03-2018, 02:03 AM
Experiencer
Is it possible that someone can Astral Travel and have no recall awake?

I am wondering for those of you in here who are experienced in astral travel if it is possible for someone to have successfully done just that but have no recall of the experience when they awaken?

To be more specific I have read a few times in here people using the term "snap" back into their physical body as well as heard some reference hearing words or voices as they do "snap" back in. I took note of reading this common denominator in some postings in here. And the reason I ask the question is because I am usually a very sound sleeper and I usually awaken slowly and pretty groggy in the mornings, however there was one morning that I felt as though I felt a sensation of snapping quickly awake and instantly sat up in bed as though something happened. At this same time I heard a voice as clear as a bell in my right ear say my name as though it came from a distance. At first I thought it was my partner of 15 years calling to me from downstairs but when I looked over he was lying asleep next to me (on my left side) and the voice was on my right that I heard. I still can't understand why I instantly sat bolt upright and the sensation I felt along with the voice. I was not attempting to astral travel I might add nor have ever tried to. Any input on this question?
Old 03-03-2018, 02:36 AM
Knower
From what I understand, yes, we all leave our bodies while sleeping. It's common to not remember what you did while "out" though, unless you intentionally or sometimes spontaneously astral project. From what you described, it sounds like you experienced a bit of "coming back" to your body. Nothing to fear. Perhaps you're close to astral projection, and might find yourself out of body one of these days. Again, it's nothing to fear and is quite exhilarating. I myself don't practice the snapback method. I just think of coming back and poof, I'm back in body.

The voices and feelings you experienced are also common. Right before leaving, I've heard voices, radio static, buzzing, felt vibrations, etc. Its all part of the process and stops immediately upon leaving or waking.

How this helps
Old 03-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
I am wondering for those of you in here who are experienced in astral travel if it is possible for someone to have successfully done just that but have no recall of the experience when they awaken?
The works of Robert Bruce (Astral Dynamics) cover Astral Travel thoroughly including the very common issue of memory integration failure and how to fix it.

In short, the problem is that the memories of the astral double are not always transferred back into the physical body upon its return at the end of the OBE.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Guide

Yeah you can forget everything when you astral project if you dont prep or for other various things. Sometimes just mind chatter gets in the way. I think the term snap comes from the idea that you are attached to an etheric cord and if you come back to fast or something along those lines it actually feels like doing a belly flop on water but this sensation is felt all over your astral body...

Also depending on the tone of voice and your orientation it could possibly be a guardian helping you out or letting you know they are there. Sometimes in situations like that I have plans for the day and there is accidentally a flaw in my planing... they would call my name or nudge me.. or if I am waking up frantically... they would help by playing music or singing to sooth my nerves.

:)
Old 04-03-2018, 06:24 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The works of Robert Bruce (Astral Dynamics) cover Astral Travel thoroughly including the very common issue of memory integration failure and how to fix it.

In short, the problem is that the memories of the astral double are not always transferred back into the physical body upon its return at the end of the OBE.

Thank you for all the responses to my question. I especially got goose bumps from this one because even though I realize that "Robert Bruce" must be the author of the book you refer to I can't help but connect a few dots by your bringing up the name in the post with a few other things in my life. For years I have been consumed with an obsession with Scotland, in specific the era of Robert the Bruce, his highland army and the fight to regain the throne from England. The obsession I have with books and reading had consumed me and mystified me as to why that is. I truly feel I have a connection with this era and may have been there. And although I myself did not find the answer yet within myself, I did get a few questions answered about it when I visited a shaman. So when you mentioned the name Robert Bruce I got goosebumps that it was provided to my post in specific given the circumstances. It was a good feeling, thankyou.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Master

In agrement with the others it is a common belief that we all go out of body during deep sleep , but dont remember , or remember as a dream . Many people have passed on loved ones visit them in dreams , it is also a common belief that they are meeting with the soul of that person , on the earth plane or the astral .
Old 04-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
In agrement with the others it is a common belief that we all go out of body during deep sleep , but dont remember , or remember as a dream . Many people have passed on loved ones visit them in dreams , it is also a common belief that they are meeting with the soul of that person , on the earth plane or the astral .

My beliefs exactly. I have experienced meeting with my deceased mother while consciously astral. I think when we first start to consciously astral travel, the experiences can feel dream like, hazy or end up going into a dream due to issues with awareness and control.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Ascender
My friend and I were projecting back and forth to each other's house and she saw me there. I didn't remember certain things we did together. I think it's entirely possible based on that.