Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Suspended
Guide
Oh well,I'm paying for all that weeding I did for Leigh my neighbour, my shoulders especially are sore,they do not get enough work now.
But I had a lay down to start my meditation, I had a hard time clearing that black screen of thoughts,after awhile I thought,stuff it,I will have a nap,so I did,lol,hahaha.

I have got all the time in the world,as long as it takes!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 17-04-2017, 02:28 AM
Suspended
Guide
Help folks,
Again my meditation turned into a mini nap,but these naps are part of the relaxation before meditation is successful.
I arose from my bed very refreshed,a one hour nap gave me a whole nights sleep worth of refreshment.

I will continue on,every afternoon,no matter what the result and neither caring if I have a result or not.
That's the key I think,being indifferent to each daily outcome

Kind Regards Billy
Old 17-04-2017, 05:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MergingWolf
I use to meditate a lot, but now I find it hard to want to do, because I feel I get nothing out of it, and because I wind up falling asleep, I am a person who want to see results. But recently someone told me to stop expecting results and JUST OBSERVE, and you will began to experience a lot more, I only just started doing that last night.

And what I can say is me expecting was making me stressful and angry, but when I just observed, I came out feeling a lot better tho I didn't experience anything .
sounds like a good idea.
Old 17-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Good morning folks,
Do you know I forgot it was Good Friday on the Christian calendar,that's how and why I am meditating again,all these "hippie" type activities in the 70's in Australia,including flower children,meditation,free love,( whatever that means ) everyone being alternative this or that, more as a protest than a well thought out anarchy,to most it was a game,to others,well they liked the drugs,and still do, ( I do not use drugs,or alcohol now )

Nothing fits into my expectation of normal,to me being normal is being simple,meditation this time around is just " lay down an hour and see what happens"

That sounds good,

Quote:
So I lay down yesterday for my hour,like the two days prior pushing thoughts away from this black screen in front of me a screen that I imagined,I turned my whole conscious mind into a black screen,thoughts were now coloured mists,and as each thought come across my view I mentally moved it along its way,eventually I dozed off,only for ten minutes and I realised I was not asleep,but relaxed and fully conscious of where I was,I have a little trick I use after prayer at night before bed,not sure how it works I just know it does,I force my third eye to function,it lasts until you blink with closed eyes.I will tell you about it soon,if you want colour this is it,if its patterns then same,you get a personal firework display in your minds eye!
Old 17-04-2017, 05:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Help folks,
Again my meditation turned into a mini nap,but these naps are part of the relaxation before meditation is successful.
I arose from my bed very refreshed,a one hour nap gave me a whole nights sleep worth of refreshment.

I will continue on,every afternoon,no matter what the result and neither caring if I have a result or not.
That's the key I think,being indifferent to each daily outcome

Kind Regards Billy

This good too.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:20 AM
Suspended
Guide
Thank You!

Hello,
I just want to thank all the posters for their positive comments and your encouragement, it means a lot to me to know that you all seem as interested in this as I am.

The really cool thing is there are no negatives in this thread, all posts are positive,so every day I will update this thread.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:29 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
What a hard time I am having just trying to relax,you have to relax before meditation,am still doing my hour,but still the black screen and swirling coloured mists,I can really get lost in the colours,but that's alright.
What is totally amazing is the refreshment and joy I get from it,I am left "sated",like after a good meal with family and friends,you put your hands on the back of your head and lean back in your chair and exclaim " Ahhh "

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 19-04-2017, 06:52 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello folks,
Well yesterdays meditation was spoiled by a visitor,so I only got 30 minutes,but will put that down to experience.

My visitor was a young lad,maybe early 20's and he just wanted to talk to someone,he reckons I am the only person he has met in town who is soooo laid back,considering my situation with my health,he says "Billy" you are always smiling,even when you look like ****,he just wanted to chinwag with a person out of his age group and seemingly content with my life situation.

I would of told him I was meditating but he'd been drinking and it was pointless,I gave up grog a few years ago,I told him next time he visits,be sober and we can have a cup of tea or coffee,then I can talk to him,he is smart,streetwise but intuition tells me he is a kindhearted person and his home situation is intolerable to him sadly,when folk visit me,it's a small unit but they say they are always super relaxed.

Well its 3pm and had my hospital appointments this morning,did my shopping,took my scripts in and I am going to meditate directly,will tell you about it tomorrow.

Kind Regards Billy
Old 21-04-2017, 12:24 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello folks,
Well my body decided to revolt yesterday and I was feeling nauseous and out of sorts,probably the stress and pressure I am under,besides this battle going on inside my body I have my normal daily stresses which is wearing me dowm.

The whole point of starting to meditate again was to relax my mind,not so much the body,but even though the results so far are mediocre,in reality the expectation is not there because I decided not to expect anything.
I went into meditation again with a different mind set,this time whatever happens is ok,if I fall asleep that's alright,if I see and/or feel nothing out of the ordinary then that too is alright.
I am trying to be indifferent to any expected result or outcome.
So see what happens this afternoon,I feel as though God has deserted me,wiped his hands of me,that's how I feel,maybe the pressures of this world with all its wars and violence is having a negative affect,that's the problem being born empathic,you can't learn or develop empathy,you are born with it.

So folks until my next update,hooroo.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 21-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello folks,
Well my body decided to revolt yesterday and I was feeling nauseous and out of sorts,probably the stress and pressure I am under,besides this battle going on inside my body I have my normal daily stresses which is wearing me dowm.

Yes, mind and body tend to go into revolt - especially when approaching meditation in the way you describe - which I think is the best way.

Quote:
The whole point of starting to meditate again was to relax my mind,not so much the body,but even though the results so far are mediocre,in reality the expectation is not there because I decided not to expect anything.
I went into meditation again with a different mind set,this time whatever happens is ok,if I fall asleep that's alright,if I see and/or feel nothing out of the ordinary then that too is alright.

Way to go!

I was going to post yesterday about body relaxation, but I thought better of it as I reckon you're already approaching it 'rightly'.

Quote:
I am trying to be indifferent to any expected result or outcome.

Yep, that's for the best.

Quote:
So see what happens this afternoon,I feel as though God has deserted me,wiped his hands of me,that's how I feel,maybe the pressures of this world with all its wars and violence is having a negative affect,that's the problem being born empathic,you can't learn or develop empathy,you are born with it.

So folks until my next update,hooroo.

Kind Regards Billy.

Some nature of torment or disturbance might arise as this is almost always the case for those who undertake a pure form of meditation as you describe. It is haw the process of purification or healing usually starts, so in this sense, you having considerable success. One should be encouraged by these signs.