Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Knower
most of what i see about the spiritual world I see with my minds eye. This works well for me as these experiences can often bee very vivid. There are a few occasions where i seemed to see something with my physical eyes, but it is hard so say for certain that that they were not simply so vivid that i cold no longer tell the difference;
1. An encounter which i had with a Mother Goddess when i was very young, in which she appeared in my bedroom. There was so much light coming from her that i thought the sun had com up, but it was till dark.
2. In university I got an opportunity to help did the last of the water potatoes with one of the native American peoples in our area. My memory for names is quite poor so i can't be certain which one I am soory i should know.
After we finished gathering the water potatoes, one of the elders came out and did some drumming and sang as was traditional for this activity. During the drumming I saw a huge white wolf running through the tress, but when i looked around it was as if no one else could see it.
At the time i told no one else of the experience. I am not native American, and at the time i had just begun studding Wicca. I had no idea why i should see anything. Since then i learned of the earth based religion which my own ancestors practiced in Pre-Saxon Britton. While it is not the same experience as the spirituality of the people we were with that day, there are parallels. The Animal i saw has sacred meaning to both, though how exactly my ancestors would have understood the experience i cannot say. To my knowledge the traditional meanings of their animal symbols are lost. what little we know of this, survived because of the parts of their spiritual practices that were adopted in Ireland before the Anglo Saxon invasion. And what is left is very much colored by modern interpretation. What i do know is to me wolf spirits acted as protectors for a time. And for a time after they wolves wold show me things in my dreams, in a little forest that i used to keep in my mind when i went to sleep. My contact with them faded after i began more actively working with my Faerie guides. I think because the wolves were turning these tasks over to them. The Faerie are also an important part of old Britton spirituality.