Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
lol, I'm somewhat past this phase, but thanks
If you are awakened, what are you awakened to? I'm guessing that if you're past this phase (it's not a phase by the way) then you're well on your way? I'm not saying you aren't because I have no idea where you are other than you saying you are past this phase, but the important thing is the answer to the question and not the statement.

Children rush around and spend so much of their childhood trying to grow up so they can drive, they can get drunk and do whatever else they want to. The grass is always greener. Too much destination, not enough Journey by a long shot. I'm over 60 years old and I often go play with the kids in the puddles, because people are taught to respect their elders and seeing me splashing around takes the heat off the kids. I have a Child Inside that I don't want to grow up because children have a wisdom all of their own that adults can never find. Children create their own realities to suit them, and they are very liberated in their outlook in Life. Adult, Spiritually aware people talk a lot about realities but only really follow doctrines and dogmas, and seldom do they think about the reality they're creating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB-NLlwzfOM&t=5s

Tomorrow I'm off for three days to go quad-biking, and yes I sure will enjoy it and probably more than spending time in this forum. It'll do me more good than any Spiritual book or YouTube because it's an experience, it opens me up to more of who and what I am and gets the adrenaline pumping.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If you are awakened, what are you awakened to? I'm guessing that if you're past this phase (it's not a phase by the way) then you're well on your way? I'm not saying you aren't because I have no idea where you are other than you saying you are past this phase, but the important thing is the answer to the question and not the statement.

Children rush around and spend so much of their childhood trying to grow up so they can drive, they can get drunk and do whatever else they want to. The grass is always greener. Too much destination, not enough Journey by a long shot. I'm over 60 years old and I often go play with the kids in the puddles, because people are taught to respect their elders and seeing me splashing around takes the heat off the kids. I have a Child Inside that I don't want to grow up because children have a wisdom all of their own that adults can never find. Children create their own realities to suit them, and they are very liberated in their outlook in Life. Adult, Spiritually aware people talk a lot about realities but only really follow doctrines and dogmas, and seldom do they think about the reality they're creating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB-NLlwzfOM&t=5s

Tomorrow I'm off for three days to go quad-biking, and yes I sure will enjoy it and probably more than spending time in this forum. It'll do me more good than any Spiritual book or YouTube because it's an experience, it opens me up to more of who and what I am and gets the adrenaline pumping.

I awakened to the fact that there is more to life than 3D constructs - I awakened to the powers of the universe basically. I saw the video by the way - its interesting to follow your bliss at every moment, but I wonder if there isn't as risk associated with it. I now follow my bliss but it was after years of things not working out for me and the universe sort of cornering me, after realizing I've tried everything and got nothing to lose.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I awakened to the fact that there is more to life than 3D constructs - I awakened to the powers of the universe basically. I saw the video by the way - its interesting to follow your bliss at every moment, but I wonder if there isn't as risk associated with it. I now follow my bliss but it was after years of things not working out for me and the universe sort of cornering me, after realizing I've tried everything and got nothing to lose.
I don't believe the Universe corners us, I believe that it takes us by the scruff of the neck in times when we'd rather look at something that isn't very useful to us anyway in a time when we think we know best. Like thinking things haven't worked out for you.

Nikolai Tesla said "I have not failed a thousand times, I have discovered a thousand ways it can't be done." And the less you have to lose the less the risk of losing it. So when you talk of 'risk' are you talking of risk or something else perhaps?

"We come to our senses when we lose our minds."
Alan Watts
Old 21-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Is it normal to feel like its okay to die after having an awakening? I thought it was supposed to be happy and blissful after an awakening? Or does it take time for the awakening to get to the point where you feel blissful and happy?
When we grow, there is usually a reactionary ego kick back - this is what you are experiencing
Old 06-07-2018, 04:48 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Others are going to answer better than me. With awakening (as I understand it) Death from this material life takes on a different meaning. It may take a while to sink in. You are awakening to being a self with a soul that may not agree with the ways of the mundane world. Finding your real self will take time, maybe your lifetime.

You won't feel blissful and happy instantly on awakening, although you should be happy to have awoken, whatever signs there've been. You'll gradually rise above the systems of the mundane world; learn to navigate your way through in your terms, like: know it's there, learn how it influences you and you, it. Your intuition will sharpen - lots of things.

You're just setting out on your journey and it's possible that either you're bewildered by something you've discovered, perhaps by all the possibilities you face; or you're reflecting on circumstances that have brought a sense of hopelessness. Is there a chance you could share a little more of your story?

It truly needs you to muster strength now, to be patient; to look out for good things in every day, small and large, to give thanks for them, give thanks to the Creator (no matter who or what you believe they are) for putting you there to absorb the good. Because, death will raise itself as a question in good time. You'll have formulated beliefs about it. To the lesser spiritual person it's a fear and that's to do with survival - about relinquishing their treasured possessions! As a spiritual person you start to see it as a transformation, an inevitability. What you believe happens thereafter depends on how your beliefs develop.

Can I report my own views here? As a gnostic, my earthly death will mean returning to the world of Spirit from where I came. I've acclimatised to the idea that it could happen any time even if I think I'm a bit young; and believe I still have work to do here. If I'm afraid it's of one thing only; that it may be prolonged and painful. So part of my spiritual drive is to maintain this body in as best health I can. It's the vehicle my spirit drives around in on mundane Earth. However, when I very first set out - thanks to this forum it seems my awakening probably started when I was about 7, when I started rebelling in my heart against my parents, leading to nigh suicidal thoughts as I reached puberty. Thankfully, providence pulled me out (of my parental home) in time!

So..... I'd say there's no normal about awakening. It has affected us all differently. To some it comes with shocks - sounds like your situation, and needs time to let things settle down. Happiness and bliss need you to be at peace in yourself which may take time. It's easier for those who can withdraw from the world of work and daily hassles, but it is possible for those who have to engage with that material world to survive - just takes a little more effort.

Take heart and know you're at the start of a remarkable journey.

I went through this entire thread again and I'm at a different place now. What you described is so beautiful and makes much more sense now from this standpoint. Will it really take me a lifetime to find my thing?
Old 06-07-2018, 09:14 AM
Master
It's probably been mentioned already but when you open up more or awaken so to speak one can become extremely sensitive .

One can entertain a higher vibration and the nervous system can take a while to adjust .

It is really interesting the science behind the scene regarding the energy and how it effects the body .

Kundalini is mentioned on the forums often in regards to the symptoms the body can experience .

Sometimes after an awakening or an opening there is a shift upwards and then downwards or down to a similar feel / level that was likened to one experienced prior to the awakening .

This can for some leave peeps feeling deflated, some have an awakening and want to save the world which also gives a feeling of hopelessness .

I have had all of the above at different times / stages, what is also apparent for some is that after realizing what you are, you realize that just being aware of a self of this world is suffering compared to not .

One normally has to just get on with life regardless however difficult it maybe, for myself at times I find just being of this world difficult and yet I have a lot to be grateful for ..

It is very difficult to be completely free of this world and the attachment of it while living life .. Once you have tasted roughly translated 'freedom' there is nothing else that will fit the bill .

It can take a lifetime to adjust depending on your situation and your environment ..

I find self healing / energy work / meditation a way of coping with things ..

I think if peeps know of what goes on behind the scenes in regards to energy / awakening / realization / environment and how that effects the mind-body then they would understand themselves more .

It's not like we are all eastern guru types that can sit in a monastery chanting the day away is it lol, many have lives full of stress and worry, work, kids, pressures of daily life ..

I think the world is changing and the energies of this world effect peeps who are more aligned to the subtle energies ..

I am not quite sure how most peeps get through the day awakened or not ..

x daz x
Old 11-07-2018, 06:40 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by interim
You've listened too much garbage on internet by people that have no idea about spirituality...

I would describe it like this. Imagine you are a pig living in a mud with the other pigs. You do your "pig stuff", bathing in the mud, you have ups, and downs, like any other pig. There is overall balance in your life, since your follow the program to be a pig.

However, imagine this pig "awakens" and it realizes that there is much more to life then being a pig. Is this good or bad? Of course, it's both, and goes widely in both directions, based on your way of thinking. From one side is your pig life which you now see for what it is... and lets say it - it's not much... On the other side are infinite possibilities.

This is the real "awakening" - to see things for what they are, both ways. Not just imaginary "spiritual realm" of "unconditional love" and butterflies. Maybe such world exist, but now you are just a pig in the mud. Your "friends" are also just pigs that blissfully act like pigs. And if you have true awareness, you will notice all of that. People that talk only about "lightsider" stuff are not really awaken - they are only dreaming (like any other)...

Since the material world is very limited, and your own actions mean very little (as opposed to what the "dreamers" say), it's normal for life to become cumbersome. And no, if you aware, you can't really "change" it, since you are not about dreaming stuff up, but about perceiving the world for what it is. And it's a game with specific rules, either you play it or not... So basically, one constructive idea is to just continue investigating this life (of a pig). Yes, most of it is really quite boring, but due the fractal nature of existence, you will still see patterns that are common to the Universe as a whole. So it's not totally useless...

Life also gets quite boring, when there is nothing to pull you in any directions. The "lightsider" dreamers, are also pulled towards things to do, to struggle, fight. But a fully awaken person doesn't need to fight any more, and since life is about fighting, most of it dissolves without much more substance.

It's much more easier if you live in a place where there is spiritual tradition, so you can find more simple and minimalist life to meditate and observe, keep you mind in peace and in check. However, I live in the western world which nowadays is pure insanity... It's quite difficult to keep your distance and not get pulled too much into the game. Why do you want that? Well if you are aware of the game, you would know the answer - the game is fake, and its rules are not based on spirituality... Awaken person see what this world really is, and of course want to move to something better...

I agree with life being a fight. what to do now though?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Is there anything to do? It's my opinion, that there isn't any... If you still fight, you fight actually yourself which says that you can't fully accept yourself. I doubt any of us have reached complete 100% acceptance, and have absolutely no demons to fight. But to some degree, the fight is being overcome, and with this - life is overcome. This is why awakening is so related to asceticism and embracing death. It's "new age" fantasy that living on Earth can be some sort of lightsider utopia. There is no ancient knowledge to support this, it's modern fabrication IMO. Probably based on the (still) luxury lifestyle of the western society. It's the ultimate westerners goal - to be highly spiritual, but in a comfortable way... Not like these obsolete saints in the past that didn't know better...

Anyway... Death is actually not something bad, when you let go everything, and accept your real nature. What you truly are, can't die, since it was never "born". The illusion you were born in dies... But I think most of us get it, since this process was explained by so many cultures. The difficult part for me is actually living a minimalistic life and tempering the mind while still living in this culture, which is the complete opposite. The inability to relate to this culture (and I mean all of it, in all its forms), seems to be at least my biggest problem. Even if nature is also an illusion, I can better relate to it. But modern life, in some sense is just toxic. You tend to completely shut yourself off and become emotional invalid. And this leads to apathy and boredom which is the real problem... My "solution" is generally to work constantly on something, but you eventually get tired and bored even with this... So if you can find a way to just relax in a healthy way, it's also a great helper.