Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"tricked?" And lied to... Yes...they were already in a state of happiness, all was provided for them, they were satisfied
as the Babes in the Woods that they were ...until tempted.
They were ignorant of 'the flip side'...any darkness, selfishness, evil...

the 'snake' made out he was benefiting them offering them the same knowledge that God had...as if God was keeping something from them that could benefit them.

They were lied to and tricked.
This has always been a very interesting story to me. I ignore any discussion on the origin of the story talking only about an outcome but a good case supporting cause and effect. The apple has been eaten and we know, and solely from a spiritual (knowing position) prescriptive of the initial reaction itself, God over reacted here. Is the POV a truth. Here I wanted to emphasis the consideration of knowing. Do we now know, we forget about that. This may actually be more a matter of perspective based on experience which was true to them. Many times we say everyone is right, and it's a matter of perspective. Actually today, I would not give up the right of spiritual choice and freedom we "should" have imo, would anyone. Is it a matter of knowing right and wrong to us, though I think the story actually represent something entirely different that became associated with the idea of punishment simply because we did not know how nature worked. Spiritually, compromise is in order on both sides. I find the story interesting and Jesus once talked about foundation and how important foundation is and to be sure this is a foundational story. it was a story that was logical to them at the time. It is our right to know.
Old 13-06-2019, 03:02 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
There exists no God except as in the definingof God as "U"niverse and Universe/Uni-V-erse.

Ergo all this he-she talk of God utter non-sense that stems from ancient mysticism and religion, with not one iota of credible evidence.

r6

Well everything was mystical or unbelievable when first imagined then offered as a possibility, at first it's mock and laughed at.

Mans imagination/god is the infinite power behind every thing your sensory bio suit can think and experience, only limited by disbelief which has yielded to transcending knowledge that made old impossible thinking turn to chaff and becomes extinct.

Iron can float, man can fly, cell phones, television, inner science, micro technology, genetics, etc......... all Sci-Fi, superstition, fairytale land and unbelievable nonsense just a couple of centuries ago.
Old 14-06-2019, 11:07 PM
Newbie ;)

This is just idealism, anyhow, two thousand years ago a man appeared apparently the son of God and look what happened
Old 26-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
... two thousand years ago a man appeared apparently the son of God and look what happened
Speaking of 'God' 'showing' 'himself' or of 'seeing' 'God': Jesus said: "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?" (John 14:9-10)

Here is a link to download the first chapter of my treatise, "What Did Jesus Really Mean." which (I think) explains the whole shebang! (or hebang, as the case may be )
Old 26-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

The existance announcing it exists, why would it do that. This developing plane wouldn't be much use then.
Old 26-06-2019, 05:57 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Speaking of 'God' 'showing' 'himself' or of 'seeing' 'God': Jesus said: "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?" (John 14:9-10)

Hmmm... perhaps it is not as easy to recognize in just anyone, but it seems to me that could be true for anyone saying it, not just Jesus. It could even be someone talking to themselves in the mirror.

Maybe even Stuart Smally.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Master
it may be cliche but I think if you spend more time in nature, and bringing more nature into yourself you will see that God is showing all the time.. and perhaps it can be said that the more pure and connected to nature and your internal creative nature of love you are the more you will hear and see God showing him/her/itself through/to you

Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Deactivated Account
God either doesn't exist, or he is a coward. He has no issue with letting people suffer under the most hellish circumstances, yet he's too much of a giant chicken to reveal himself.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hmmm... perhaps it is not as easy to recognize in just anyone, but it seems to me that could be true for anyone saying it, not just Jesus. It could even be someone talking to themselves in the mirror.

Maybe even Stuart Smally.
Yup. As I quote (in my treatise) Jesus as having pointed out: "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”*(John*14:20)

My rumination in said regard: "Such statement cannot possibly be made sense of using simple, linear A→B→C logic, of course, but how aspects of the identities of personal and transpersonal beings (beingnesses, [gods? LOL] really) can operationally be ‘in’ one another becomes readily understandable when and as one realizes, as more and more people are now doing, that our existential reality is a matrixially interwoven, dynamically living (that is, creatively growing, developing, evolving, etc.) thang wherein the output of every personal and transpersonal component of said thang functions as input in relation to any and all other components which, because of constitutional similarities and/or complementary affiliations, are vibrationally ‘attuned’ thereto, such that the process of every singular or compound element thereof, ‘from the least to the greatest’, ultimately directly or indirectly affects and is affected by the process of every other aspect of Life."

You know the game of 'Tag'? U are IT! Woohoo!!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:50 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yup. As I quote (in my treatise) Jesus as having pointed out: "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”*(John*14:20)

My rumination in said regard: "Such statement cannot possibly be made sense of using simple, linear A→B→C logic, of course, but how aspects of the identities of personal and transpersonal beings (beingnesses, [gods? LOL] really) can operationally be ‘in’ one another becomes readily understandable when and as one realizes, as more and more people are now doing, that our existential reality is a matrixially interwoven, dynamically living (that is, creatively growing, developing, evolving, etc.) thang wherein the output of every personal and transpersonal component of said thang functions as input in relation to any and all other components which, because of constitutional similarities and/or complementary affiliations, are vibrationally ‘attuned’ thereto, such that the process of every singular or compound element thereof, ‘from the least to the greatest’, ultimately directly or indirectly affects and is affected by the process of every other aspect of Life."

You know the game of 'Tag'? U are IT! Woohoo!!

Tag! You move to fast, I can't catch you.
I do pretty much agree with everything you just said. I believe what the physicists might call that is an evolving entangled quantum wave function for the whole universe. Which is perhaps only one small bird's nest of threads of individual consciousness within the mind of God. The thing about a tangle of strings, is that though one can clearly make out individual strands, it can become impossible to see where one begins and another ends. From the perspective of the individual strand, it seems like it is surrounded by other strings, even though some strands may even be itself looped back around. Yet, from a distance, the tangle just looks like one thing.

Tag.