Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 16-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Very long thread and I've only just noticed it, so forgive me if this has already been said:
Maybe all these suffering chickens are reincarnated human meat-eaters?
Old 16-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObServant
Very long thread and I've only just noticed it, so forgive me if this has already been said:
Maybe all these suffering chickens are reincarnated human meat-eaters?

Excellent point.

Has anyone here really seriously considered the possibility that humans who have harmed chickens in the past may reincarnate as chickens to learn a very valuable lesson?

The great Indian sage Bharat is reported to have reincarnated as a deer due to wholly different circumstances, of course, than the chicken reincarnation that is being discussed here.

https://www.quora.com/If-there-is-so...accordingly-be

(This was the first brief reference I found to the Bharat story but I'm sure that there are others that are more profound with appropriate insights.)
Old 17-07-2016, 11:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Excellent point.

Has anyone here really seriously considered the possibility that humans who have harmed chickens in the past may reincarnate as chickens to learn a very valuable lesson?

The great Indian sage Bharat is reported to have reincarnated as a deer due to wholly different circumstances, of course, than the chicken reincarnation that is being discussed here.

https://www.quora.com/If-there-is-so...accordingly-be

(This was the first brief reference I found to the Bharat story but I'm sure that there are others that are more profound with appropriate insights.)

To even speculate about that raises more problems, doesn't it? For instance, if they are souls getting their 'just desserts' then some might argue we'd have no responsibility to end their suffering.

This 'everything happens for a reason' type thinking when applied to the worst situations leaves a lot of room for people to just sit back and not improve the world.

Inflicting that for someone who's been conditioned to think a certain way . . . I don't care if someone stuffed their face with chicken their entire lives, to go through that once, or I shudder to think, more than once, is not an enforced universal order I'd like to subscribe to.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 18-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
To even speculate about that raises more problems, doesn't it?
I disagree. We should always speculate - otherwise we'd never have progressed beyond being apes.
Quote:
For instance, if they are souls getting their 'just desserts' then some might argue we'd have no responsibility to end their suffering.
I would say that we do have a responsibility to end their suffering. The way o do that is to stop farming them.
Quote:
This 'everything happens for a reason' type thinking when applied to the worst situations leaves a lot of room for people to just sit back and not improve the world.
I agree that apathetic people will see it that way - others will see it very differently.
Quote:
Inflicting that for someone who's been conditioned to think a certain way . . . I don't care if someone stuffed their face with chicken their entire lives, to go through that once, or I shudder to think, more than once, is not an enforced universal order I'd like to subscribe to.
A universal order which permits innocent beings to suffer so cruelly, and for no reason, is not one I'd like to subscribe to. Nevertheless, if you are right then it seems to be where we are living.
Old 21-07-2016, 06:17 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObServant
A universal order which permits innocent beings to suffer so cruelly, and for no reason, is not one I'd like to subscribe to. Nevertheless, if you are right then it seems to be where we are living.

Again, sounds like trying to offload agency onto some cosmic 'rightness.' We are the ones making innocent beings suffer. To me, there's really no point in looking any further than that when this subject is considered. Why expend energy on the 'why' when we could be thinking up how to best spread the word instead?

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 21-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
Again, sounds like trying to offload agency onto some cosmic 'rightness.'
Not at all. As I said in the previous post, "I would say that we do have a responsibility to end their suffering. The way to do that is to stop farming them."

Quote:
We are the ones making innocent beings suffer. To me, there's really no point in looking any further than that when this subject is considered. Why expend energy on the 'why' when we could be thinking up how to best spread the word instead?
To ask why is not a waste. Asking questions leads to answers.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Seeker

The only problem with the reincarnation theory is the fact we'd never break free of the cycle of 'eating a chicken' then 'being a chicken'! I have observed that a very wide range of people eat chickens, from a thug who wouldn't care if he killed the chicken by peeling it alive, right through to some very sophisticated spiritual beings, who know it's wrong, but haven't yet summoned up the discipline, or quite got it together, yet!
I've forgotten where I was going with that, great! Anyway, that creatures are born for us to mutilate in their best karmic interests does not quite stand up for me!
Old 03-10-2016, 07:15 AM
Guide

I think nobody asks if they wish to incarnate....I doubt that there is a place for the animals in heaven as well...
Old 04-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared.L
I think nobody asks if they wish to incarnate....I doubt that there is a place for the animals in heaven as well...
Why do you doubt that?

Do you know how life comes into reality?
Do you understand the miracle of life?

Do you know how life originated?
Or have a belief how it originated?
Old 04-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
First, chickens in the same way as all other second density animals and plants don't have an individual soul, they are part of an oversoul.
Compare it with sticking a finger into the ocean to test the water, what it feels like the temperature wetness, only an oversoul has millions and millions of fingers in the ocean of life. What happens in those processes are just experiences.

I think we are all part of the one Consciousness, they are us and we are them. There is no individuality, it is all One and that includes the rocks and trees and the stars. All One. Do an unkindness to any of them, it is the equivalent of doing it to yourself. We are individuations of the Whole.