Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The flaw in your logic, Mo, is that not every 'ego' is selfishly
'approval' or 'ingratiation' driven or personal-power (reward?) driven. There are degrees of selfishness/unselfishness which your 'attitude' doesn't take into account, so your 'judgments' on this score are 'biased', IMO.

davidsun,

I qualified my response with the words...."to a large extent".....i.e. not meaning all or totally. That, in and by itself, admits to degrees. True, our focus is perhaps different....mine, admittedly, is on the underlying dangers of assessing our actions as being actually motivated by our concerns for others.
Old 28-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
I do not expect you to agree with me he seemed pretty dead set on your mission.
You're right about that except for your penchant for referencing 'dead'ness. I am 'live-set' on making the most/best of Life (as I see and experience it, that is).

To reinforce this 'point' (pertaining to self-management, the topic of this thread), from my book:
"Acknowledge the fact that you are the author of your own frustration and discontent to whatever extent these are part of your experience, either because you desire and attempt what is not contextually fitting, or because you ignore and do not do what is appropriate and most beneficial. You are a finger on the hand of Life. Only by choosing to function as an integral aspect of what you are part of can you be efficacious and fulfilled.

As before, at least till you develop to the point where you steadily maintain salutary attitude and intention in the normal course of your life, I recommend ‘religiously’ using images and sounds that are suitably orienting and connective. You might, for example, practice visualizing all Being as a ball of light and, while doing so, ‘see’ yourself aglow within it. Or you might resonate with ‘Aum’ or other sounds representing the vibrancy of our Living Whole and, as you do so, ‘take in’ the fact that your thoughts, feelings and actions are part of Its vital activity.

Don’t let the singularity of your viewpoint delude you. Keep being aware of the source and context of your power. You are rooted and coexist, in one way or another related to everyone else (even me ), in an ongoing happening of enormous magnitude. Accordingly, make the most intelligent choice. Instead of wishing and aiming for whatever you ‘naturally’ desire, choose to wish and aim for that which is best for Life, even if this threatens to postpone or even completely deny you what you, at the moment, because of instinct, happen to personally prefer.

Until and unless you sincerely do so, you can be sure that your approach is lacking. Since all aspects of Life are interdependent, either everyone wins or everyone loses. Constructive resolution and communal well-being therefore require that one desire and act in such a way as to bring about the best possible outcome for everyone concerned. Whatever you may otherwise accomplish or gain will, at most, be no more than a passing fancy—this is incontestable: except as ‘movement’ is in keeping with the flow that sustains it, it must eventually come to naught."
and
"To help focus and intensify the Life-Force within you in the foregoing respects (at least, till you yourself are able to knowingly invent methods that are more personally suitable or you become ‘naturally’ geared in such mode), I recommend visualizing, meditating about, and, as they suit your purpose, psychospiritually identifying and merging with specific elements in scenes depicting healthy, ecologically-balanced Life.

For example, contemplate a tree by the side of a pond, absorbing water and minerals from the ground through its roots, branches full of leaves synthesizing energy from the sun, blossoming and flowering, producing seed-bearing fruit, yielding these to those who need sustenance, and providing those who come by with shade and shelter. Alternatively, center your attention on the pond itself, as, fed by flowing springs of rain-supplied water and enriched by rain-dissolved minerals, it sustains fish as well as aquatic plants and animals, rehydrates those who thirst, and cleanses and delights bathers and swimmers. The essence of Life can be accessed by mentally and emotionally ‘tapping into’ the various components and general gestalt of such images.

To the same end, I recommend Life-affirming and Life-enhancing avowals and mantras, such as “I am Intelli*gence, the Spirit of Creativity, Positive Purpose in action;” “In relation to whoever I am dealing with, whatever comes my way, that which is best for Life is what I’ll know, think, do and say;” and “Life is good, Life is great; I am an integral part of It!”a Distracting and counterproductive thoughts and feelings can be excluded and mind and heart beneficially focused and concentrated by becoming engaged in repeating and listening to such phrases, either quietly or aloud, with meaning and feeling.

In addition, particularly when facing a dilemma or undergoing a crisis, I strongly recommend subjectively identifying with and psychospiritually projecting positively loaded images, such as an upward pointing triangle or five-pointed star, on whoever or whatever you may be concerned about and dealing with, because they contain asymmetric elements that connote ‘higher’ evolution. You will also find listening and moving to songs and rhythms that are upbeat or which thematically progress upward, as you cogitate whatever you may experience as deficient or problematic for some other reason, likewise, a positively potent catalyst."
Old 28-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So, presume God is free. He/She is free to choose His path. He can love others. Check. He can love God. Check. He can express His freedom and go on a wild ride. Check.

However what is the wisest form of self management for God? If He is not careful He can blow His reality.

I am listening very carefully to how the eastern religions manage themselves. They protect and preserve themselves. They do not blow their reality on physical pursuits, or on romance, or on adventure.

They practice the art of self preservation. They CONTAIN themselves. Which is something I have never done. In many ways I gave myself away.

Yes God is free and because of that He needs to learn self conservation otherwise He will suffer from His recklessness.

Honza, hello there. You make many valuable points.
I agree that there is a lot in Eastern traditions that can inform and balance us in the West. I have often felt as if the "wild West" is (in the modern era) lacking in restraint, in discipline, in discernment, in temperance, and in general, in acting in our own highest good equally to that of others. And that this mainstream context and its messaging is most often to our individual detriment, and not to our benefit. As you note, a little experience here and there -- particularly where we've consciously chosen to take part and it's not been forced on us roughshod -- can be a good thing for many people.

But there are many experiences we don't choose AND likewise never need to undergo -- or certainly to repeat...over and over.
Much of the plethora of repeated experiences and likewise much of the suffering we inflict upon ourselves -- is not needed for growth or insight. Instead, reflection, conscious engagement with supportive folks, living from centre (conscious engagement and choice), and discernment in experiences (choosing wisely), are more than sufficient for vast amounts of core spiritual growth. Often, choosing abnegation and/or choosing to withdraw (not to engage, or not to engage further), are core to discernment and to avoiding the burnout you mention, which is so common to the Western experience. Consciously denying or limiting ourselves in certain ways (e.g., with regard to often mindless, repetitive, even harmful or toxic actions, engagements, or experiences) only frees us up for other, more supportive, less destructive avenues for growth and experience.

In the West in the recent modern era, there has been a frenzy of activity churning and revolving around ourselves just as you describe.
Burning ourselves out in pursuit of physical pleasures or activities, on romance, and on adventure -- particularly that which may be ill-advised or in service to self, to addictions, &/or in pursuit of the next thrill or high for its own sake.

I think you are right to note that God is All and that means no one thing only. That means One and many, both/and and not just either/or. God is not just "out there"...God is each of us and how we honour the divine within ourselves and every other human being (just for starters). Knowing God or One also means knowing ourselves and others...i.e., finding a balance at centre and living from there in our being and doing.

Balance is not attained only through the Western "way" of expansion, acquisition, and consumption (including our acquisition & consumption of people, of places, and of individual experiences) as we've all seen over the last several decades. The way of the West seems to lead to a great imbalance, predicated on a constant exploitation of Gaia's resources for consumption and profit. Even lovingkindness, which is an expansive trait, must above all be centred and must see, honour, and respect the boundaries of others lest it becomes presumptive, disrespectful of others' boundaries, and thus, oppressive, unloving, and unkind.

Balance is also attained by way of those values honoured in the East, traditionally whilst neglected in the West in the very recent modern era.
Where equanimity, discipline, temperance, and even abnegation are all important aspects of attaining balance, expanding our consciousness, and living from centre.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 29-01-2020, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
davidsun,

I qualified my response with the words...."to a large extent".....i.e. not meaning all or totally. That, in and by itself, admits to degrees. True, our focus is perhaps different....mine, admittedly, is on the underlying dangers of assessing our actions as being actually motivated by our concerns for others.
Old 29-01-2020, 04:36 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You're right about that except for your penchant for referencing 'dead'ness. I am 'live-set' on making the most/best of Life (as I see and experience it, that is).

To reinforce this 'point' (pertaining to self-management, the topic of this thread), from my book:
"Acknowledge the fact that you are the author of your own frustration and discontent to whatever extent these are part of your experience, either because you desire and attempt what is not contextually fitting, or because you ignore and do not do what is appropriate and most beneficial. You are a finger on the hand of Life. Only by choosing to function as an integral aspect of what you are part of can you be efficacious and fulfilled.

As before, at least till you develop to the point where you steadily maintain salutary attitude and intention in the normal course of your life, I recommend ‘religiously’ using images and sounds that are suitably orienting and connective. You might, for example, practice visualizing all Being as a ball of light and, while doing so, ‘see’ yourself aglow within it. Or you might resonate with ‘Aum’ or other sounds representing the vibrancy of our Living Whole and, as you do so, ‘take in’ the fact that your thoughts, feelings and actions are part of Its vital activity.

Don’t let the singularity of your viewpoint delude you. Keep being aware of the source and context of your power. You are rooted and coexist, in one way or another related to everyone else (even me ), in an ongoing happening of enormous magnitude. Accordingly, make the most intelligent choice. Instead of wishing and aiming for whatever you ‘naturally’ desire, choose to wish and aim for that which is best for Life, even if this threatens to postpone or even completely deny you what you, at the moment, because of instinct, happen to personally prefer.

Until and unless you sincerely do so, you can be sure that your approach is lacking. Since all aspects of Life are interdependent, either everyone wins or everyone loses. Constructive resolution and communal well-being therefore require that one desire and act in such a way as to bring about the best possible outcome for everyone concerned. Whatever you may otherwise accomplish or gain will, at most, be no more than a passing fancy—this is incontestable: except as ‘movement’ is in keeping with the flow that sustains it, it must eventually come to naught."
and
"To help focus and intensify the Life-Force within you in the foregoing respects (at least, till you yourself are able to knowingly invent methods that are more personally suitable or you become ‘naturally’ geared in such mode), I recommend visualizing, meditating about, and, as they suit your purpose, psychospiritually identifying and merging with specific elements in scenes depicting healthy, ecologically-balanced Life.

For example, contemplate a tree by the side of a pond, absorbing water and minerals from the ground through its roots, branches full of leaves synthesizing energy from the sun, blossoming and flowering, producing seed-bearing fruit, yielding these to those who need sustenance, and providing those who come by with shade and shelter. Alternatively, center your attention on the pond itself, as, fed by flowing springs of rain-supplied water and enriched by rain-dissolved minerals, it sustains fish as well as aquatic plants and animals, rehydrates those who thirst, and cleanses and delights bathers and swimmers. The essence of Life can be accessed by mentally and emotionally ‘tapping into’ the various components and general gestalt of such images.

To the same end, I recommend Life-affirming and Life-enhancing avowals and mantras, such as “I am Intelli*gence, the Spirit of Creativity, Positive Purpose in action;” “In relation to whoever I am dealing with, whatever comes my way, that which is best for Life is what I’ll know, think, do and say;” and “Life is good, Life is great; I am an integral part of It!”a Distracting and counterproductive thoughts and feelings can be excluded and mind and heart beneficially focused and concentrated by becoming engaged in repeating and listening to such phrases, either quietly or aloud, with meaning and feeling.

In addition, particularly when facing a dilemma or undergoing a crisis, I strongly recommend subjectively identifying with and psychospiritually projecting positively loaded images, such as an upward pointing triangle or five-pointed star, on whoever or whatever you may be concerned about and dealing with, because they contain asymmetric elements that connote ‘higher’ evolution. You will also find listening and moving to songs and rhythms that are upbeat or which thematically progress upward, as you cogitate whatever you may experience as deficient or problematic for some other reason, likewise, a positively potent catalyst."

Do you feel better now? I always feel sorry for people that have tons of life regrets such as you yourself do because people like yourself are so quick to lash out and its always done so in an ironic immature manner much like a preteen fit of rage.
This is obviously your last ditch effort at adding meaning to your life so that you don't feel as if you completely wasted it chasing what the world told you to chase all your life so I can't expect you to give up hope just for me.

I will just hopefully find other threads that you aren't on in sure there's a few on here . Best of luck .
Old 29-01-2020, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you feel better now? I always feel sorry for people that have tons of life regrets such as you yourself do because people like yourself are so quick to lash out and its always done so in an ironic immature manner much like a preteen fit of rage.
This is obviously your last ditch effort at adding meaning to your life so that you don't feel as if you completely wasted it chasing what the world told you to chase all your life so I can't expect you to give up hope just for me.

I will just hopefully find other threads that you aren't on in sure there's a few on here . Best of luck .
What a weird world we live in - 'you' actually see 'me' as doing the 'lashing'!

Old 29-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
You got a problem with LOGIC? Putting my screen-name your Ignore list would accomplish the same thing - that is, unless someone else quoted a quote of mine, which has an extremely low probability as you know from personal experience
Old 05-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Master
My own personal self management has been bordering on recklessness. I virtually threw my own self away. I personally need to be very careful with my own Godhood now.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My own personal self management has been bordering on recklessness. I virtually threw my own self away. I personally need to be very careful with my own Godhood now.
And wishing you all the best in said regard, Honza, though I would suggest that "focusing on valuing/appreciating and honoring" maybe more positively productive that "being careful with" which mainly implies focus on "conserving" your Godhood. This is just a nerdy tweak of what I imagine you actually meant, however.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:51 PM
Master
Yes probably davidsun. Value and appreciate!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.