Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-12-2019, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
LOL I had sachets of vibhuti too. My mum even stuffed one into my pillowcase to protect me.

I have seen one of the gemstone rings which Baba created. My mum is friends with an Indian family who live in the ashram - they were close to Baba and he gave them all manner of creations. It was a gold ring with nine separate gemstones.
I wonder what a refractometer would reveal about the gemstones?

But then, as a God, he died.

Apparently Gods are suppose to die. Then what?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-12-2019, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannersHatch
I said this in another post but seems relevant...I reckon, for what its worth, we are part of god but not god. But god is more than the sum of our own experience. Therefore we are children of god as god is far more than the sum of our parts (destinguishing everything we know from the sum of the whole).

So not so hard to confuse then? Seems were all talking about the same ol jazz again to me...
Edit/Delete Message
Bible supports that view. But there are a lot of vocal people on here who will tell you that they are Gods and they mean it.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-12-2019, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
But then, as a God, he died.

Apparently Gods are suppose to die. Then what?

Not only that he was mistaken about the time of his death. He predicted that he would die at the age of 94 but in fact he died of a heart attack at the age of 86.

(I am approximating his age because it was so long ago and I don't remember exactly).

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-12-2019, 04:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Not only that he was mistaken about the time of his death. He predicted that he would die at the age of 94 but in fact he died of a heart attack at the age of 86.

(I am approximating his age because it was so long ago and I don't remember exactly).
Honza, we have our differences but in many cases, we are very similar.

Expect a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Old 30-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I sorta like the people who claim they are God. I am still waiting for one of them to come up with a Ruby or Sapphire (snap of the finger) to give me.

Yesterday, 10:50 PM
Master

Quote:

Mocking and belittling a person is not the Buddhist way...... besides it is against the forum's rules................ but you already know that.

Namaste.

The pot calling the kettle black comes to mind
Old 30-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Master

Quote:

Mocking and belittling a person is not the Buddhist way...... besides it is against the forum's rules................ but you already know that.

Namaste.

I am glad you cryptically forewarned me of the pending irruption.

Old 31-12-2019, 02:43 PM
MAYA EL

It's just a bunch of group movements of people claiming to have had personal experiences but are just copying what they see. The one that I'm tired of seeing is the "I am " movement lol the original translation doesn't even say "I am that I am" it only says that in the English version not the Hebrew yet people "experience " the "I am" lol
Old 02-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Master

Quote:

Namaste.

?.....................................

Old 04-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Master
There is a difference between "New Age" and "New Thought," regardless the concepts they espouse are very old, as is Hinduism. Hinduism is much older than Christianity. But being old does not mean it is necessarily right, no more right than any other religion.

It used to make me angry to hear Christians tell people they were going to hell if they did not believe in Jesus. It made me angry that some Muslims thought they had to wage Jihad in this world, when the true Jihad is the war that takes place within us. I can go on and on, and on, but these things really were not making me angry, rather it was me that was making me angry.

When people say "I am God," they are attempting to establish a core identity to the question who am I, or what am I. Often when some say I am God they are referring to the substance of themselves being made from God. Yes, it can also be and ego trip, but I doubt if many who say this are talikng about they have the abilities of God. How people identify themselves is between them and their mind.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is a difference between "New Age" and "New Thought," regardless the concepts they espouse are very old, as is Hinduism. Hinduism is much older than Christianity. But being old does not mean it is necessarily right, no more right than any other religion.

It used to make me angry to hear Christians tell people they were going to hell if they did not believe in Jesus. It made me angry that some Muslims thought they had to wage Jihad in this world, when the true Jihad is the war that takes place within us. I can go on and on, and on, but these things really were not making me angry, rather it was me that was making me angry.

When people say "I am God," they are attempting to establish a core identity to the question who am I, or what am I. Often when some say I am God they are referring to the substance of themselves being made from God. Yes, it can also be and ego trip, but I doubt if many who say this are talikng about they have the abilities of God. How people identify themselves is between them and their mind.
Precisely.

I am Hindu.

I am NOT God.

Who am I? I don't know and I don't WANT to know!

Both God and myself are made of the same stuff which was created BY God.

I have God within my heart and my "essence" or "spirit" is Divine...it is OF God, but any part of my ego isn't God and when I say "I AM" or "I AM Shiva" (God), I feel immediately VERY uncomfortable with that...as you well know.

However, I am a Dualist. I subscribe to the Sāṃkhya school of Yoga...it is my way....my path.

Others are Non-Dualists and they have huge issues with those who are Dualists like myself...but I know that when they start to criticise me, it shows that their philosophy isn't helping them become "better people" in life, isn't it?

So I just laugh at them for separating Duality from Non Duality in the first place.

Just watch these people who say "I am God" for a while...watch what they do, how they behave and then make your own mind up...it should be pretty much self-evident that they are not.

My biggest piece of advice to you is don't listen to or believe ANYONE and just follow your own heart..your own path because what another says, does, believes is totally irrelevant in your personal life, so why make it an issue when it isn't one?

Did I mention that I am a Hindu? Not too sold on the whole "New Age" trip though...